{3.10} Speaker for the Dead | The Mass Minion Summoner | League Starter, Leveling Guide 💀

is there a tree with an updated ascendancy ? because the guide and the trees say

"
Ascendancy order: Invoker > Bone Sculptor > Soul Weaver > Flesh Binder (optional)

and i have none of them in my ascendancy

also what's a good alternative spell for charged dash? i feel it's kinda wonky in delve

anyway, great guide, i feel like i wouldn't even be able to play the game if it wasn't for guides like these
Last edited by kenyostylez on Jan 9, 2020, 1:07:59 PM
"
Hellus666 wrote:
This build is very bad past lets say T13 maps, I need use BONER ARMOUR ON COOLDOWN EVERYTIME LOL

3.9 is super stupid tanky and we need jugg necro to survive and dps LUL

"nope"
Doing corrupted T16 zoom-zoom style here, don't know what you're talking about.
"
kenyostylez wrote:
is there a tree with an updated ascendancy ? because the guide and the trees say
"
Ascendancy order: Invoker > Bone Sculptor > Soul Weaver > Flesh Binder (optional)

also what's a good alternative spell for charged dash? i feel it's kinda wonky in delve

anyway, great guide, i feel like i wouldn't even be able to play the game if it wasn't for guides like these

Mindless Aggression > Bone Barrier > Mistress of Sacrifice > Unnatural Strength
It's tempting to go earlier for the last one, but you don't need that extra power at the beginning... the other ascendencies are better options early on.

Flame Dash is my pick, works fine.

Hercanic did a fucking great job here, the main problem at the moment is the wide spread of the information in the topic. But some guys here are active and of good advice, ask your questions, it has always been answered as far as I remember (been a read-only guy for a long time).
@ kenyostylez:
Full Post
"
kenyostylez wrote:

"

"
updated ascendancy ?

Check out two pages back, from my reply @ MrSebTheGreat:

"
Hercanic wrote:
I'll be amending the guide to:

1. Mindless Aggression

2. Bone Barrier - Solves early resistance issues. Bone Armour doubles your effective life at low level. Phys reduction and regeneration help with later Labs.

3. Mistress of Sacrifice - Triggering Spirit Offering with CWDT and CwC Cyclone offers so much ES healing that you can simply stand within a medium-sized pack of monsters indefinitely without dying. Spirit Offering also helps cover any resistance shortcomings when first moving into maps after Kitava.

4. Unnatural Strength

In case you missed it, there's a link at the top of the original post that sends you to where I go over 3.9. From there, you can follow another link to the 3.8 build, or take a gander at the Charity Triad variant that will become the basis for the 3.9 rewrite.
"
The 3.9 rewrite will be based on the Charity Triad variant (aka Cold Triad, Shadow Reaper). See my reply @ sasja & hlghwlnd.

I followed the above post back 10 pages...I now have a question...what is a Shadow Reaper - I cant find a weapon by that name?

thanks
"
Swaggmann wrote:
"
The 3.9 rewrite will be based on the Charity Triad variant (aka Cold Triad, Shadow Reaper). See my reply @ sasja & hlghwlnd.

I followed the above post back 10 pages...I now have a question...what is a Shadow Reaper - I cant find a weapon by that name?

thanks

That's just Hercanic's nickname for the Victario's Charity & Triad Grip version of the build.
Thanks so much...thought i was going to have to spring for another weapon.

I really look forward to ONE GUIDE...I am getting quite pissed off at having to waste time going back and forward to try to get my char right. Halfway through the league and still having to hunt around for info is a little disconcerting.

EDIT: DELETED text that could be interpreted as insulting
Last edited by Swaggmann on Jan 10, 2020, 12:40:28 AM
"

I really look forward to ONE GUIDE...I am getting quite pissed off at having to waste time going back and forward to try to get my char right. Halfway through the league and still having to hunt around for info is a little disconcerting.

Hercanic, you need to get away from your adolescent preoccupation with post count. You really dont do your reputation much good by maintaining this thread in this state.

Post count is in no way related to the size of any piece of your anatomy, believe it or not (Though I would guess that a nice neat well maintained thread is)

Imagine being like this unironically.
@ Swaggmann:
Full Post
"
Swaggmann wrote:
Thanks so much...thought i was going to have to spring for another weapon.

Hercanic, you need to get away from your adolescent preoccupation with post count. You really dont do your reputation much good by maintaining this thread in this state.

Post count is in no way related to the size of any piece of your anatomy, believe it or not (Though I would guess that a nice neat well maintained thread is)
"
Hercanic, you need to get away from your adolescent preoccupation with post count. ... Post count is in no way related to the size of any piece of your anatomy, believe it or not

Based on your previous history in this thread and in PM, I will assume playful intentions and take this as a joke. However, you should be aware that this comes across as very insulting otherwise.

I have been maintaining this thread for over a year now (Oct 2018), answering hundreds of questions. It's taken quite a bit of my free time to do this. I am not paid to do any of this. I have a wife, a child, a life. Whatever "adolescent preoccupation" I might have is the one reason why I have devoted as much as I have to this project. I am under no obligation to continue it. I do not owe you or anyone else here my time. Whether it's been "half a league" or not doesn't matter to me. I have responsibilities to my family that will always take priority.

I have limited playtime; I have slow progress; I have not experienced T16 Metamorphs; so I'm on the fence on exactly where the 3.9 rewrite will go. I might devote one of our three Spectres to a Ruin Hellion or Diabolist. I will need to test its effectiveness. I have lots of other ideas. In spite of this, I actually began the rewrite proper a few days ago. I have some really cool things planned, but, like anything worth doing, it'll take time.

You seem to have a mistaken assumption about the "post count". Whether I start a new thread or edit the existing one won't change how long it takes to rewrite the guide. I need to write the same stuff regardless. What I was talking about was just a matter of presentation.

Why do I answer questions, then, you might be wondering. Because I can. I can write from anywhere. I can be interrupted every couple of minutes by my toddler to go play Paw Patrol with them. My answers then become future content for the guide rewrite, and I keep afloat with responding, a win-win.

What do you need to know?

The 3.8 build already has a pretty substantial page. The only issue was not knowing how prevalent Shaper/Elder items would be in 3.9 and whether we'd need a replacement. Turns out we don't.

The Triad Grip variant is mostly the same as the 3.8 build. I provided a PoB link with everything you need for it. In fact, if you look closely at the gear in PoB, you'll notice I included notes at the bottom of many of the item properties, explaining things about it. If that's not enough, you can even check out my Hegemon_of_the_Dead character in my profile for a live example.

What do you need to know?

You can also Search (CTRL+F) my post history for any particular keyword you're interested in.

So, what do you need to know?
Last edited by Hercanic on Jan 10, 2020, 12:23:04 AM
@Hercanic

I apologise if you were insulted. I could have expressed myself better. Thanks for thinking that i was being tongue in cheek.

I appreciate all your hard work and can see that you cant progress as well as the rest of us with your build.

You know i appreciate your hard work because of my offers of equipment and any future offers (eg 2 ex to pop on +2 to support gems -after I buy mine of course) I and no doubt other appreciative forum members will continue to offer assistance like that because we are grateful and we probably want you to enjoy the build as much as we do.

You do however in your response demonstrate the issue - you have directed me to the following pages to get information for the current build (and even then I think I might have to go to another page for AG (my previous bookmark being incorrect apparently))

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2462621#p21782595
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2242389/page/123#p22331184
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2242389/page/287#p22593436
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2242389/page/276#p22513039
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Hercanic/characters

Once again sorry for making a post that can be viewed as insulting
@ everyone:
Here's an sneak peek at the 3.9 build!

PoB link: https://pastebin.com/KCm171Na

I still have more to do, such as tinkering with the items and adding the leveling trees.

Now, you may have noticed that I've been reserving the first post on each new page, with the intention of editing in answers for the previous page's questions, but have fallen behind as I work on the 3.9 rewrite.

For those unaware, my system is I try to nab the first post for my responses, just so it sticks out more, then I go back when I have time and fill in what I intend to respond to. Sometimes the replies come in too fast, and these Reserved Posts get buried.

The risk with this approach is it's very easy for people to overlook when the post is finally updated. Especially if it takes me a week or more to complete them, which might go completely unnoticed by those I've responded to.

To minimize this problem, every so often I'll be calling attention to them like so:

p308 (incomplete)
0 replies @ (will be editing in questions from p307)
1 reply @ kenyostylez.
1 reply @ Swaggmann.

p307 (incomplete)
0 replies @ (will be editing in questions from p306)
1 reply @ Veraclus.

p306
Guide Update @ everyone about reserving p300-305.
3 replies @ SONICDK, MrSebTheGreat, & Danjal1304.

p299
5 replies @ everyone, Dashbb, Arageron, woefulwabbit, & APlear.
1 reply @ SONICDK.
3 replies @ jdarkstone, Amnexty, & SONICDK.

As for my unfortunately slow leveling progress, due to very limited playtime, working on the 3.9 rewrite, and keeping up with questions, I'm currently L82 in T5 maps with a handful of Chaos to my name.

I will be saving my Trade searches here for use in the 3.9 guide.

1. Basic Unset rings - For covering resists when first entering maps.

2. Jinxed Juju amulet - A very strong and cheap starter amulet. I prioritize aura effect for Hatred, followed by Chaos Resistance. I don't worry about the curse effect mod. The DEX implicit is important, but luckily Blessing Orbs are pretty common, so I can correct a low roll.

3. Victario's Charity - Hitting the resistance cap can be a struggle when first starting maps with crap gear, so I look for max Lightning Res with as much life as cheaply as possible. Eventually this won't matter when I take Necromantic Aegis.

4. Triad Grip - Max freeze chance is great protection. The only other roll for this item is the % Armour/ES, which doesn't amount to much either way. We make our own green sockets using the crafting bench, adding and removing one socket at a time until it rolls green, then moving on to the next socket. The last socket should be red.

---

5. 6L ES Chest -

6. 20%Q Faster Proj -

7. L21 Phantasms -
Last edited by Hercanic on Jan 19, 2020, 6:45:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info