{3.10} Speaker for the Dead | The Mass Minion Summoner | League Starter, Leveling Guide 💀

Ok, Following the Triad version of the build. One thing im a little confused on is the Hungry Loop/Animate guardian setup. I have never used Animated Guardian before and trying to follow POB for it. I have mine with supports: Meat Shield, Pulverize, fortify and Minion Life. He is equipped with Kingmaker, Victarios flight, Bloodbond, Leer Cast, Southbound. But in POB for Triad, its showing some curses and elemental army. Just curious how I should set it up and if there are better supports for it. Thank you for a great build! Have used it last 2 seasons and its my go to to start new league! How do I link my current gear and gems? Would like to include gear and gems. Any suggestions would be great. Also not sure if EE is working and if its not why.

This is my current gear and gems. Would love some feedback on what to change either in gear or gem setup.
"
APlear wrote:

This is my current gear and gems. Would love some feedback on what to change either in gear or gem setup.

I am just wondering if an Empower 2 is worth much to you at this stage-- would you be better of using another support gem - maybe Elemental Damage until your empower is level 3 or 4?
well its not showing above but because of the +1 on item my tool tip is showing level 3 on empower, giving my zombies a lvl 25. Again no clue, they seem to be doing decent damage even tho I feel squishy at times. Im at 4122 health and 2931 on es. With skitter bots and hatred I have 78 mana unreserved. Can only get off one cast of skele ever 1 1/2 sec or so. Again not sure if im following the triad version as it should be.
If it is an issue with mana and casting skeles then maybe a flask like this will help?

It keeps filling for the duration as opposed to stopping when it has reached the top of your available mana.

I am sure someone in here will be able to go through ur char and give it a good critique and suggestions:)

Last edited by Swaggmann on Jan 10, 2020, 10:41:05 PM
Since the author mentioned not having much time I thought I'd chime in with my experiences with the build.

I didn't like the idea of replacing the cyclone/ball lightning CwC with movement skills for the triad variant. I like playing a more active build and enjoy popping a QS flask and diving head first into packs with cyclone, so I stuck with the 3.8 build and...

I cut through T16 corrupted with 4 awakened sextants like butter. There's a few mods that are more annoying than problematic, and nothing I've encountered is impossible. I have 8.5k life before Spirit offering, and the only time I die is when I try to see if I can face tank metamorphs for lulz. Spoiler: you can't, at least not in endgame. My strategy for metamorphs is to pop all skeles, apply EE and spin around the outside. I'm even making currency by selling off my higher value 20/20s as I get them and buying levels ones...I'm sure that's not something most builds can do.

My gear is not great, especially my jewels. Most of my pieces were bought for ~10-20C, or found. Yes the Watcher's eye was expensive, but holy god does it feel worth it.

My build is not optimal but honestly I haven't felt the need to change anything just because the content is so easy. I think Summoners really hit the sweet spot with this league with being just generally powerful, and the fact that running around avoiding damage while minions kill the boss for you is EXACTLY what you want to be doing in this league. I fully expect summoners to be nerfed for next league, I just hope that they take into account that the league mechanics work in our favor and don't kill the build.

As far as other things I'd like to try, I've been thinking about Kitava's Herald to take advantage of Grip/Hatred more than the solar guards I have now. That also gives you a reason to run phantasms, which are cool. Also others mentioned putting Carrion Golem in the weapon with zombies and empower...that seems interesting, but IDK if a few points of physical damage and a little life is worth making zombies worth. Also Chaos Golem is probably better than carrion in this league, but carrion golem has a cool factor. I'm currently set up for a lvl 3 empower to give me an extra zombie, but I'm not sure how much better, if it all, it would be than the melee phys I have now. MP is cheaper for sure though and I had to save for that eye lol. I also haven't tried purifying flame.

Also wanted to try the slave drivers everyone is talking about. Wondering what fire skill to replace BL would work best with that? I feel like both magma orb and firestorm just wouldn't hit as often, effecting the ES/life on hit. Maybe Avatar of fire would be the way to go there.

Part of the issue is that since it seems no matter what I do, everything I see blows up instantly, so it's tough to tell if anything is really "better" than anything else outside of spreadsheets, and even then I find myself wondering if it matters. I'm mostly doing whatever seems the most fun/epic.

Big thank you to Hercanic for by far the most fun time I've ever had getting to endgame in PoE.

Edit: After some initial testing: Herald - Bad. Slave Drivers - Good. Maybe even better than solar guards. I'm not sure if the DPS cut you take from avatar of fire would be worth it, though. Also having far less health than solar guards was noticable, as they did die on me.
Last edited by OGBalrog on Jan 11, 2020, 12:22:09 PM
Thanks Swaggmann, got one of those flasks and made a world of difference. Feels much better.

First of all I want to say thank you for the guide! I've played this build as my map/blight clearer for the last 2 seasons and it has been more than great. I added my Animate Guardian today in a Hunger Loop with;
Meat Shield, Pulverize, Fortify and Minion Life. Equipped with Kingmaker, Victarios flight, Bloodbond, Leer Cast, Southbound and my t15-t16 maps are a BREEZE but I feel like I don't need fortify in the ring if I've got Kingmaker. is this true or am I wrong?

I Would love some suggestions on my build and what to get next (I've got about 6 Ex to spend)
I am currently sitting at 4704 HP and 2667 ES before spirit offering and 3800-3900 ES with S.O.

I'm not sure how to link my jewels, but I've got an Unending Hunger and 2 Ghastly Eye Jewels each with +25 or more ES and Life, one has %minions taunt and the other has %minions blind with attacks and another Ghastly Eye with +ES, +Life and minion attack/cast speed

Is my Unset ring good enough to enchant Minimum Endurance charges on, or does the fire damage mess with EE?

Also: I kept Enduring Bond (because I take Ravenous Hoard on my tree) on my Amulet because I used a gold oil on it, would you suggest me finding a different amulet to anoint?
Last edited by Come_Honor_Face on Jan 11, 2020, 10:32:53 PM
"
I Would love some suggestions on my build and what to get next (I've got about 6 Ex to spend)
I am currently sitting at 4704 HP and 2667 ES before spirit offering and 3800-3900 ES with S.O.

So you're just applying EE with cyclone? Cause IDK about that.

I'd also get rid of the fire damage on your ring since you've got a red socket in your triad.
Last edited by OGBalrog on Jan 12, 2020, 12:30:25 AM
"
So you're just applying EE with cyclone? Cause IDK about that.

I'd also get rid of the fire damage on your ring since you've got a red socket in your triad.

Thanks for the advice, I just got myself this new ring

And yes, I apply EE with cyclone because the Cyclone-CWC-Desecrate-Spirit offering combo gives an amazing amount of sustain to eat damage, and I have Fortify on my boots

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info