{3.10} Speaker for the Dead | The Mass Minion Summoner | League Starter, Leveling Guide 💀

Any suggestions for a good 4-link? I do not feel cyclone EE ball lightning is necessary and want to experiment with a different setup for that slot
Haven't made as much progress today as I wanted to and I held off upgrading my gear for a little bit.

Minions are still very strong and so far they have only died to a juiced up metamorph boss in a map and regular Atziri was able to take out everything but my frost sentinels.

I thought I'd use Atziri as a bit of a comparison of the gear I was using and the next step up I'm making.

Here's my current gear & the fight https://streamable.com/4xhxy
Spoiler

Just did an Atziri without any worries but she did kill most of my minions and you can definitely notice the increase to hp on all the bosses in the map.

So I'm definitely not a scientist and this wasn't really a fair test.

My spectres got put onto a 4 link and I was using Zombies + skeletons in my tabula, I dropped Purity of Elements for Hatred + Generosity & of course I put in my 4 green triad grip.
I probably should have only recorded the fight not running to it as well, but at least you can see the other boss fights too I guess.

Here's my gear & the fight https://streamable.com/hm4d9
Spoiler

Last edited by Dashbb on Dec 15, 2019, 5:05:56 AM
My setup atm.
Opted out of cyclone/ee again. Thinking I'll use them in endgame with fortify if my tank isnt high enough like last league.

So far this is face rolling everything, and very tanky.
https://pastebin.com/UXuHruWE

Here's mine, lv81, killing anything without any difficulty nor being afraid of anything... 7k eHp with this mostly crappy stuff.

Here is my setup.. T14+ metamorphs are very difficult. I don't have enough DPS to take them down efficiently. Easily takes 1-2 minutes. Also, I was not able to kill the 4th conqueror of a zone (snake boss).

So I got lucky and dropped a Triad Grip during leveling. I'm currently playing the classic version of this build - same as 3.8. Only thing I deviated from the build guide for is taking Avatar of Flame so that I could still use ball lightning to proc EE for my slave drivers.

This thread is so long it's impossible to find info on how to use the Triad Grip in it. Can anybody point me to the page or section of the thread for discussion about it?
Also concerning Triad Grip, do you continue using Frost Sentinels for clear with them?
Hey folks,

For anyone looking for something different...

I created a new build guide for 3.9 with a hungry loop variant on this build.
(17M shaper DPS in 3.9)

Check it out here:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2694246

Thoughts are always welcome, I played it 3.8 and could manage any content with ease.
"
FutureFear wrote:
Hey folks,

For anyone looking for something different...

I created a new build guide for 3.9 with a hungry loop variant on this build.
(17M shaper DPS in 3.9)

Check it out here:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2694246

Thoughts are always welcome, I played it 3.8 and could manage any content with ease.

That's the beauty of this build..it is flexible enough to make some changes of your own.

Perhaps a link to this original thread would be an appropriate thing to do?

@ WeaponizedSP:
"
WeaponizedSP wrote:
Any suggestions for a good 4-link? I do not feel cyclone EE ball lightning is necessary and want to experiment with a different setup for that slot

1. Cyclone + CwC + Ball Lighting + GMP (+ Fortify boots): Life and ES on Hit gives great recovery while clearing and performs triple-duty by generating Frenzy Charges without NA and applying EE plus any curses (CoH ring/glove corruption).

2. Cyclone + CwC + Desecrate + Spirit Offering: Applying EE is limited, and Frenzy Charges are harder with only Cyclone hitting so you'd likely want NA, but the constant ES heal from Spirit Offering doesn't need targets to hit. It's consistent in the face of degens, bosses, etc.

3. If you prefer damage and speed over defense and recovery, then I recommend the Charity Triad variant (uses Cold Triad Grip, which I'll be dubbing the Shadow Reaper variant in the build rewrite). You can also take a look at my character, Hegemon_of_the_Dead. It's just missing the Hungry Loop ring setup for a Kingmaker Animated Guardian. The PoB link has its intended gear with notes edited in (also @ Dashbb response). Below, in this post (@ USMCE4), I quote where I talked about how to use the various green skills in the gloves.

@ Dashbb:
Full Post
"
Dashbb wrote:
Haven't made as much progress today as I wanted to and I held off upgrading my gear for a little bit.

Minions are still very strong and so far they have only died to a juiced up metamorph boss in a map and regular Atziri was able to take out everything but my frost sentinels.

I thought I'd use Atziri as a bit of a comparison of the gear I was using and the next step up I'm making.

Here's my current gear & the fight https://streamable.com/4xhxy
Spoiler

Just did an Atziri without any worries but she did kill most of my minions and you can definitely notice the increase to hp on all the bosses in the map.

So I'm definitely not a scientist and this wasn't really a fair test.

My spectres got put onto a 4 link and I was using Zombies + skeletons in my tabula, I dropped Purity of Elements for Hatred + Generosity & of course I put in my 4 green triad grip.
I probably should have only recorded the fight not running to it as well, but at least you can see the other boss fights too I guess.

Here's my gear & the fight https://streamable.com/hm4d9
Spoiler
"

As is the custom, do I have permission to use these videos in the guide? =o)

@ xaeror35:
Full Post
"
xaeror35 wrote:
Here is my setup.. T14+ metamorphs are very difficult. I don't have enough DPS to take them down efficiently. Easily takes 1-2 minutes. Also, I was not able to kill the 4th conqueror of a zone (snake boss).

"
T14+ metamorphs are very difficult. I don't have enough DPS to take them down efficiently. Easily takes 1-2 minutes.

I've been hearing there's a significant spike in difficulty at T14.

Your Vaal Skeletons are only GL17, so that's going to cut into their damage. Ruthless also isn't so great for a temporary minion, since it doesn't pay off until the third attack and they won't be 'charged-up' when first summoned. Unless you find the stun helps, Melee Phys Damage Support would be better for bursting down a boss like the Metamorph when it first spawns.

The new armour that monsters have may be exceptionally high on the Metamorph, which would hurt our damage quite a bit since it's divided amongst dozens of minions. Armour excels at mitigating many small hits rather than one big hit.

I ran some calculations in the Patch Notes analysis. A L84 Wicker Man has 175k armour, which would reduce an 11k hit by 47%.

If you want more damage, I'd recommend the Triad Grip variant. Pure elemental damage will bypass any issue armour may cause us, and EE neutralizes the new 50% resistances that bosses have. Not to mention the Freeze chance, which even in 3.8, before the new Threshold system, would Freeze-lock bosses, so much so that anything with immunity phases required me to pull my minions away from or else the boss would remain permanently frozen.

"
Also, I was not able to kill the 4th conqueror of a zone (snake boss).

Al-Hezmin? He deals a lot of poison damage. A Poison Immunity flask would help. The upgraded Shakari pantheon (Desert Springs map) gives Poison Immunity as well.

"
Geometry Attack (AtlasBasiliskDecapitate)
25% of Physical Damage Converted to Chaos Damage
200% increased Poison Duration
500% increased Damage with Poison

That's 6x poison damage over 3x duration. Poison is usually 40% damage over 2 seconds, or 20% per second. His poison becomes 720% damage over 6 seconds, or 120% per second. His L83 incarnation can deal as much as 5039 physical damage. Meaning just one poison stack can put you on the clock for 36,281 Chaos Damage. Without any resistance, that'd become (*1.6=) 58,049 damage over 6 seconds, or 9,675 per second.

Many of his abilities have a quarter converted to Chaos Damage, with just his Mortar converting half. Everything else is Physical Damage.

At level 68, he has 1.7M life, while at L83 it goes up to 32.6M.

In short, you want:

1. Poison Immunity (flask, pantheon)
2. Phys Reduction (basalt flask)
3. Chaos Resistance (amethyst flask)

@ Nargrimm:
"
Nargrimm wrote:
Also concerning Triad Grip, do you continue using Frost Sentinels for clear with them?

Yes.

@ USMCE4:
Full Post
"
USMCE4 wrote:
So I got lucky and dropped a Triad Grip during leveling. I'm currently playing the classic version of this build - same as 3.8. Only thing I deviated from the build guide for is taking Avatar of Flame so that I could still use ball lightning to proc EE for my slave drivers.

This thread is so long it's impossible to find info on how to use the Triad Grip in it. Can anybody point me to the page or section of the thread for discussion about it?
"
how to use the Triad Grip

PoB is here.

From @ tkwondave -
"
Hercanic wrote:
1. Phase Run = 2.5-8 seconds of +45% movement speed (4 second cooldown). It excels when I have Quicksilver up and minions (with Necromantic Aegis + Victario's Charity) are earning me Frenzy Charges so Phase Run can stay constantly on. You can bind it to Left Mouse to automatically trigger it when moving. Only issue is in town, but you can still click on objects to move normally and type /hideout.

2. Smoke Mine = Teleport and 7 seconds of +29% movement speed. It is bound to E, and Detonate Mines bound to R. I push E then R in rapid succession to teleport myself across gaps or gain 29% bonus movespeed on-demand, like when Phase Run is on cooldown. Good for immediately blinding Minotaur, Izario, etc. You can also throw one before opening a Strongbox, or before you backtrack to pick up an item to immediately return to where you were. It has a lot of flexibility.

3. Whirling Blades + Faster Attacks = Dodge and reliable alternative movement. I prefer Whirling Blades to Phase Run when everything is dead (no Frenzy Charges) and Quicksilver is tapped out. It has no cooldown, so I know I can always count on WB when I need it, which is important for a dodge skill. I can also continue to use it when casting Skeletons. It ignores terrain effects, like Tar, and is not affected much by Temporal Chains.

In narrow or cluttered terrain, WB can get stuck and not feel too great. So I use Phase Run, and in the gap of its cooldown I throw Smoke Mine to stack their bonus movement speed. Basically each skill has ideal situations, so by having all three I can freely lean on one when appropriate to maximize my mobility. It's like having a Sprint, Jump, and Combat Roll.

From @ Kirian42 -
"
Hercanic wrote:
Phase Run can stay up indefinitely if you're gaining Frenzy Charges, so Smoke Mine is only used for the movement buff when Phase Run is down.
Last edited by Hercanic on Dec 20, 2019, 4:40:04 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info