{3.10} Speaker for the Dead | The Mass Minion Summoner | League Starter, Leveling Guide 💀

Metamorph is crashing my maps so I'm done playing for the day.

Leveling was smooth but I was taking it quite slow to check out the league mechanic. At level 77 doing tier 4 & 5 maps and haven't felt the need to upgrade any of my gear but I will probably do it tomorrow. My gem links are a mess at the moment & I had no luck trying to get the socket colors I wanted.

I got a pair of Triad Grip for 1 alch and managed to bench on 4 green in 3 goes and I also bought a 6 socket Queen's Decree which I'll upgrade tomorrow with the prophecy when they go back down in price. Unending hunger were sitting at about 25c all day & Victario's Charity is already down to 1c.

Here's the gear I was using today.
Spoiler

The loss of minion speed is definitely noticeable but only slows it down slightly, crafting some speed on jewelry will be more than enough I think. I am interested to see how the movement speed from Queen's Escape feels. I've had deathmark linked with my zombies for a few maps and I think it would feel really good with more movement speed.
I had my skeletons in a 4 link from about act 3 onward still amazing damage.
Using 3 Frost Sentinels with faster proj + Phantasms + minion damage was still enough to keep 9+ phantasms up almost the whole time while clearing.

I'm still missing a few of the defensive minion nodes but their survivability feels fine without them although I am in low tier maps. I've had a couple of zombies drop and some spectres as well against one of the tougher bosses I made. I'm probably going to grab indomitable army and then focus on more life nodes for myself. Golem commander is also looking pretty juicy to me for an extra carrion golem.

Hey my dudes are not gaining frenzy charges, I am using Victario's Charity. Am I missing something?
Last edited by WeaponizedSP on Dec 14, 2019, 7:44:14 AM
"
WeaponizedSP wrote:
Hey my dudes are not gaining frenzy charges, I am using Victario's Charity. Am I missing something?
You're probably missing "necromantic aegis"
"
DidSheScream wrote:
"
WeaponizedSP wrote:

I get the necromantic aegis bit but it's not in the PoB tree anywhere. That's why I am confused. Is Vic's uselss if you don't go NA?
For just the frenzy charges, you do not need NA. I have not hit 50 yet to try it on my league character, but on standard I am able to generate the frenzy charges with cyclone and ball lightning.

Also from page 153

how does Victario's Charity work and how important is it?

We hit ~21 times per second per target with Ball Lightning = 5% chance per hit to give all allies within 40 radius of us a Frenzy Charge. Three of these give our minions 45% attack/cast speed, 15% movespeed, and 12% more damage. So it's a very potent source of damage, effectively like adding another 50% more damage link to all our minions.
Last edited by SellySel on Dec 14, 2019, 1:00:53 PM
Doing something a little different this time around. Was planning Static Strike/HoA but gave HoP a test drive. I’m liking HoP a lot, I just hit the metamorph once as it spawn and hide somewhere. I also got a From Dust jewel to summon 6 skellys at a time. It’s a really safe setup. This is just for leveling.
may i ask how it´s possible to get 4 spectres without gear

one from skilltree
two from gems except i get the gem to 25 and actually i dont know how that should work out

any advice?
Corrupted Raise Spectre lvl 21
+2 from Necromancer Ascendency
+2 from Empower
... this makes RS lvl 25 +1 from the passive node => 4 Spectres.

But I think it wasn't meant to be done like this. There's the +1 on a chest, but it's can be considered gear investment considering the price... I feel you.

lvl62 here, stomping the game without linking anything seriously... wow.
Didn't played since Synthesis, they've done great things about minions!
METAMORPH LEVELING

Act 4 completed last night, but the server was shutting down so I wasn't able to post. In my haste to complete The Harvest within the last few minutes, as well as finish the Metamorph encounter after Malachai, I forgot to take a proper "Completed" screenshot.

Gear and Tree

Last edited by Hercanic on Dec 15, 2019, 3:18:32 PM
@ WeaponizedSP:
Full Post & Proceeding Conversation
"
WeaponizedSP wrote:
"
DidSheScream wrote:
"
WeaponizedSP wrote:
I get the necromantic aegis bit but it's not in the PoB tree anywhere. That's why I am confused. Is Vic's uselss if you don't go NA?
"
SellySel wrote:
For just the frenzy charges, you do not need NA. I have not hit 50 yet to try it on my league character, but on standard I am able to generate the frenzy charges with cyclone and ball lightning.

Also from page 153

"
how does Victario's Charity work and how important is it?

We hit ~21 times per second per target with Ball Lightning = 5% chance per hit to give all allies within 40 radius of us a Frenzy Charge. Three of these give our minions 45% attack/cast speed, 15% movespeed, and 12% more damage. So it's a very potent source of damage, effectively like adding another 50% more damage link to all our minions.
"
my dudes are not gaining frenzy charges

To generate Frenzy Charges with Victario's Charity, you have to hit with your own attacks or spells, and your minions must be within 40 radius of you at the time. A fast-hitting skill like Ball Lightning and/or Cyclone works best.

If you don't like that, then 4 passive points can be redirected to Necromantic Aegis. Your minion hits will then generate Frenzy Charges to all allies (you and other minions) in a 40 radius around themselves.

Power Charges, on the other hand, require kills. You yourself generally won't be getting many kills, so Power Charges will be rare when self-generating. If you use Necromantic Aegis, then the kills your minions get will trigger the mod.

Frenzy Charges are worth ~37% more damage. Power Charges are ~10% more damage. An Animated Guardian wielding a Kingmaker adds another 50% crit multi to surrounding allies, which boots the value of Power Charges to 24% more damage. With everything, that comes out to (1.37 * 1.24 =) 70% more damage.

@ Seclude:
Full Post & Proceeding Conversation
"
Seclude wrote:

one from skilltree
two from gems except i get the gem to 25 and actually i dont know how that should work out

any advice?
"
Amnexty wrote:
Corrupted Raise Spectre lvl 21
+2 from Necromancer Ascendency
+2 from Empower
... this makes RS lvl 25 +1 from the passive node => 4 Spectres.

But I think it wasn't meant to be done like this. There's the +1 on a chest, but it's can be considered gear investment considering the price... I feel you.

lvl62 here, stomping the game without linking anything seriously... wow.
Didn't played since Synthesis, they've done great things about minions!
"

I cover this in the Minion subsection of the Manifesto section of the 3.9 Analysis post.

Without any gear, you'd need +2 levels from Necromancer's Unnatural Strength, +2 levels from L3 Empower, and either a L21 corrupted Raise Spectre or a L4 corrupted Empower. That'd give you +5 levels to reach L25 Raise Spectre and gain the extra Spectre.
Last edited by Hercanic on Dec 15, 2019, 10:55:04 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info