Ice Spear Rework

Have to try this :D
very nice, dual poets pen icespear + frostbolt(or GC etc) hrimburn, yoke of suffering, occultist or something will sure be fun :>
Current Build: Penance Brand
God build?! https://pobb.in/bO32dZtLjji5
Last edited by tsunamikun on Oct 25, 2018, 2:08:08 PM
Still incredibly skinny.
"
gandhar0 wrote:
New Ice Spear:

Base projectiles : 2
First Stage: Slow + no pierce
Second Stage (armed): 600% inc crit + pierce + faster proj

Especially second stage is interesting as you will see a lot of crit & shattering depending on the mob pack size.

@0:01 - Ice Spear with no additional projectiles
@0:07 - Ice Spear + GMP
@0:17 - Ice Spear + GMP

Shot gunning depends on the enemies hitbox and how how you aim at the target.
@0:24 even smaller enemies (with smaller hitboxes) could get hit with two 2nd stage projectiles.
The bigger the hitbox the better.
I guess Kitava like mobs could get at least half the barrage shoved into their rear end.

well it doesn't seem like the 2nd stage will have 600% inc crit. the post says it will have increased critical multiplier in its 2nd stage, so i imagine the crit chance is going bye bye

"
It now has bonus critical strike multiplier while armed
"
zTyrerz wrote:
yea cuz

what is a canterberry ?
"...among other cold spell improvements."

Hype!
anyone else think the increase in proj speed looks weird? Also why does it pierce after arming now, wasn't the point of that so it could pierce through trash that is on top of you to hit bosses that are far away?
Meh...

The changeup is a pretty good idea, but the pierce all should be toggle-able on or off.

It's going to be a nightmare with totems, depending on damage nerf and range-to-grapeshot.

What are the interactions going to be with thinks like Sire of Shards?
Patch Notes 3.15:
Fixed a bug where players believed the game was playable. This has been corrected and made retroactive.
Patch Notes 3.19:
Fixed a bug where players adapted to 3.15. This bug cannot be corrected, so we have implemented a 90% reduction in item access as a punishment.
the pierce change seems pretty strait forward to me. if you want to make sure you hit 1 target with all or most if your spears you need to get close and sacrifice aoe coverage for single target.
honestly cant wait!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info