[3.8] A CI/LL Tri-Curse Herald of Agony Occultist [Deathless Uber Elder, League Starter]

"

Strangely, I couldn't even get this to proc *before* I put IC in from the get go. Again, the effect looks pretty obvious when I manually try it by itself... I just read up on the gem order and swapped them out, but still nothing. Is there something I'm missing here?

"Performing any skill replaces this buff with one that boosts melee damage of skills you use yourself"

Are you sure you're not spamming RoA and therefore cancelling the phasing effect whenever it procs?

"

As an aside, I saw this reddit post from three years back-
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/4dioyx/cwdt_phase_run_broken/d1ratyq
Is this true? My helm was a lucky grab hybrid low level piece... 3red1green is pretty tough to find for a BIS item, and it's currently RGRR (top left clockwise)...Can anyone verify if it needs to be RRRG to work? That seems a bit excessive considering the following gems are just support.

Afaik Phase Run should be last _active_ gem and nothing else matters.
Last edited by Wermine on Mar 16, 2019, 3:02:56 AM
"
Kindareagle wrote:

i feel like my EE is not working correctly. Is this Ring crashing my EE, or did i miss anything else?

Yes it does give mobs +25% Res to cold DMG.
For crafting the bow, the minion attack speed craft doesn't seem to exist anymore, do we use the increased minion damage instead or is the whole bow-crafting too weak now with that change?
"
Akathriel wrote:
For crafting the bow, the minion attack speed craft doesn't seem to exist anymore, do we use the increased minion damage instead or is the whole bow-crafting too weak now with that change?

If you're checking "Undiscovered" list from crafting bench, that list doesn't have veiled mods at all.

But if you're basing your info on something else, please elaborate.
Nevermind, I couldn't find it on the db or poeaffix, but I looked at the trades and some people have them, guess I just looked in the wrong places.

On a different note, how does the difference in attack speed feel for stacking virulence if you use the crafted bow?
"

2) Blink arrow. Dear god I hate it. I mean it's *fine*, but I really am used to leap slamming, and leveled this char up with flame dash. I just love the mobility of it. I'm just now reading about the elemental equilibrium as it relates to flame damage support on the HoA, and realize that FD would get in the way.

The DOT from flame dash won't proc EE, only the hit (you can hear it hit if you teleport "through" a mob). Generally, you won't need the added fire damage for the trash you will be porting through. And it's easy enough to avoid porting through bosses. Alternatively, you can use brutality linked to flame dash if you have enough gem slots and it won't deal any elemental damage whatsoever.

(edit to add, if you realize you messed up and hit the boss with your fd, your very next hit will reset ee. So you might miss out on 1 or 2 added fire hits from your spoder, maximum.)

You're welcome! Goodbye! ;)
Quoting Saltychipmunk:
...I look at the new act 5 boss where you have to hide behind the statues to survive the bullet hell and all I can think is... how the fuck are zombies going to survive that?

They don't know what hiding is... they don't know what dodging is... they are morons.
Last edited by joachimbond on Mar 16, 2019, 4:23:03 PM
Thank you for such a great, fun build and explanation. I'm horrible at this game; died 100+ with MS build, gave up after finished farming tabula in act 9. With your build, managed to reached map in 2 days with somewhat limited budget. Now need to find more currency for upgrades. Again, thank you so much.

So EE will work only with 6link rain of arrows? What kind of damage crawler does that fire EE will boost him?
"
PanZajac wrote:
So EE will work only with 6link rain of arrows? What kind of damage crawler does that fire EE will boost him?

This build uses Added Fire Damage on HoaG. That means that we need to deal either lightning or cold damage with our attacks to proc our EE (to lower enemies fire resistance). Links on RoA doesn't matter at all. We can deal lighting or cold damage with:

*Corrupted implicit on quiver
*Abyss jewel with flat damage on attacks (or on bow attacks)
*Roll on rings/ammy
What flasks are people using for this?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info