[3.8] A CI/LL Tri-Curse Herald of Agony Occultist [Deathless Uber Elder, League Starter]

On the updated Skill Tree (3.9) Gravepact is still selected but with no path. I don't think it's possible to link it in, in the current tree state. How much is it worth dumping maybe some ES to get Gravepact? Or should we just ignore it?

Also curious about elemental equilibrium? Maybe some minor adjustments can be made to bring this up to speed.
"
LennyGhoul wrote:
On the updated Skill Tree (3.9) Gravepact is still selected but with no path. I don't think it's possible to link it in, in the current tree state. How much is it worth dumping maybe some ES to get Gravepact? Or should we just ignore it?

Also curious about elemental equilibrium? Maybe some minor adjustments can be made to bring this up to speed.

I assume gravepact is being picked up via Amulet annoint and thus not pathed towards.

As for this build in general I think it's a good starting point for any Bow based HoA build. I'm personally playing it as a Necro after Occultist now being a little underwhelming on it's defensive specs (wickd ward on tree etc). Though I do believe going Necro involves a larger currency investment when it comes to feeling good about your defense/sustain during boss fights. Personally running dmg/reduced circle + a additional curse 650es regalia to make up the third curse. Also using a crafted bow and making up some of the attack speed with a couple of 12% jewels.

For anyone looking into this build it's highly customizable and could see it done in a number of different ascendancies (am tempted to try CI pathfinder version at some point) but the info in this thread is highly relevant to all versions and kudos to OP for setting it out in a good way.

Also one other note, remember to ask yourself what you want the build to do before you customize it one way or another. As the changes you make can drastically change how it performs. Personally am using my version as a bosser for Sirus/UE and will be using it to delve deep later in the league.
Last edited by Tenaciousdealer on Jan 15, 2020, 9:57:06 AM
"
"
LennyGhoul wrote:

I assume gravepact is being picked up via Amulet annoint and thus not pathed towards.

As for this build in general I think it's a good starting point for any Bow based HoA build. I'm personally playing it as a Necro after Occultist now being a little underwhelming on it's defensive specs (wickd ward on tree etc). Though I do believe going Necro involves a larger currency investment when it comes to feeling good about your defense/sustain during boss fights. Personally running dmg/reduced circle + a additional curse 650es regalia to make up the third curse. Also using a crafted bow and making up some of the attack speed with a couple of 12% jewels.

For anyone looking into this build it's highly customizable and could see it done in a number of different ascendancies (am tempted to try CI pathfinder version at some point) but the info in this thread is highly relevant to all versions and kudos to OP for setting it out in a good way.

Also one other note, remember to ask yourself what you want the build to do before you customize it one way or another. As the changes you make can drastically change how it performs. Personally am using my version as a bosser for Sirus/UE and will be using it to delve deep later in the league.

I completely agree with everything you said.

Occultist used to be (in my opinion) by far the best ascendancy to play HoA, but after the Occultist nerf and the Necro buff, it's not pretty balanced, or maybe a bit in favour of necro (+2 lvl of HoA gem is too huge to miss out on). So this guide should be viewed as a framework for a HoA bow-based build that can be tailored to your needs and preferences. I'm glad to see people experimenting with it :)
Does this work in 3.10?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info