[3.8] A CI/LL Tri-Curse Herald of Agony Occultist [Deathless Uber Elder, League Starter]

"
HollowDean wrote:
hey all! This build looks amazing. I wanna try it but I'm a noob :P
With how many sockets should I buy Quill Rain?

Depends on your budget. Buy with 4 sockets if you have nothing. Then you can buy "the jeweller's touch" prophesy (15c at this moment) which gives you 5link on any item. Or you can go straight to "+1 gem levels" bows with 6 links on them.
Last edited by Fortran775 on Dec 25, 2018, 11:32:51 AM
I don't feel like I miss, like, at all. Is Resolute Technique really needed? Maybe for higher levels? (I'm 52 atm)
"
Krayse wrote:
I don't feel like I miss, like, at all. Is Resolute Technique really needed? Maybe for higher levels? (I'm 52 atm)

If I'm not mistaken, your accuracy goes down as you level up, unless you get accuracy on items or skill tree. So accuracy will be much more of an issue later on in the game than at level 43. If I recall, I had around 70% chance to hit at level 90 without resolute technique, which means that it would reduce the virulence stacks you get by 30%, and although that would be fine while clearing because of the massive amounts of virulence you get anyway, it would significantly lower your effective dps versus bosses.

All in all, you can play without it until later in the game, but in my opinion, be sure to grab it before level 70-ish. :)
"
Vatinas wrote:
"
foojin wrote:
Hello, I have two questions -
Ever considered using lightning ball instead of roa?
Do you feel this is the strongest ascendancy / version of the build out there or if it's better to go for example champion?

I discussed the "Rain of Arrows vs Ball Lightning" question in the "Why Rain of Arrows?" section :)

As for the comparison to other versions, I would say that it's the most tanky, and if you invest in it, can be one of the HoA builds with the most damage. It might sound pretentious, I know, but it's what I honestly think.

Thanks!

"
Vatinas wrote:
"
Krayse wrote:

If I'm not mistaken, your accuracy goes down as you level up, unless you get accuracy on items or skill tree. So accuracy will be much more of an issue later on in the game than at level 43. If I recall, I had around 70% chance to hit at level 90 without resolute technique, which means that it would reduce the virulence stacks you get by 30%, and although that would be fine while clearing because of the massive amounts of virulence you get anyway, it would significantly lower your effective dps versus bosses.

All in all, you can play without it until later in the game, but in my opinion, be sure to grab it before level 70-ish. :)

Perhaps use a tempered mind in the node above witch? It gives 800 flat accuracy which is boosted by several other nodes (minion/precision). This bring the chance to hit for a level 96 character from 83 > 90%.

Another option is shapers touch, these give a bit more chance to hit but you loose some ES and other nice stats so I don't think those are worth it in the end.
Last edited by foojin on Dec 25, 2018, 4:47:40 PM
"
Vatinas wrote:

If I'm not mistaken, your accuracy goes down as you level up

According to this page
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Accuracy
it actually goes up as you level.
The tooltip chance to hit goes down because it compares your accuracy to the evasion stat of a same level monster. PoB confirms that and allows you to check your hitrate vs any monster level. I gotta test more, but you probably have to drop RT at some time if you want to get to Charisma node and that juicy hatred aura.
https://youtu.be/wYazzBc9Cfw

This build is DOA in 3.6. Get in while you can.
Hi guys, nice build, very interesting have some questions about my gear.
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/sentree/characters
What to change to the best? Mb do wrong gear? Help pls
"
gjmine09 wrote:

What? Why?
"
1ofeach wrote:
"
gjmine09 wrote:

What? Why?

16,000 es achievable
8000 recharge rate on a .8 second delay
900 regen
triple curse
3.4 million shaper dps <<<<< this is the game changer
5.7 million normal dps

The new bow mods took the build from 1.4 mil cap to 3.4 mil cap.
It was already a defensive powerhouse.
"
gjmine09 wrote:

16,000 es achievable
8000 recharge rate on a .8 second delay
900 regen
triple curse
3.4 million shaper dps <<<<< this is the game changer
5.7 million normal dps

The new bow mods took the build from 1.4 mil cap to 3.4 mil cap.
It was already a defensive powerhouse.

This build could already do all content before betrayal super comfortably and no indication that will change. Betrayal power creep might decrease but we might also get new goodies from new league.

Calling this build DOA in 3.6 is simply wrong at this point in time.

Also judging build power based on non-shaper DPS for endgame is pointless.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info