[3.8] A CI/LL Tri-Curse Herald of Agony Occultist [Deathless Uber Elder, League Starter]

"
gjmine09 wrote:

Crafting Steps

The bow costs 7-11ex depending on your luck.

wow, ty very much, inspired me to try this build even more, your char looks sick too!
"
gjmine09 wrote:

Steps to craft the best bow below;

1. Elder thicket, grove, or short bow. Item level 86.

2. Perfect fossil it for 28+ quality. This helps six link it later.

3. Alteration spam for Vicious projectiles level 20 and regal orb the bow

4. Annul the mods you aug'd or regel leaving only vicous projectile

5. Once your bow is rare/yellow and has only vicious projectiles on it you craft Cannot Roll Attack mods. Then you exalt and hope you hit the prefix which can only be +1 socketed gems. If you hit a suffix its fine you just have to exalt again and if you hit a suffix again you exalt once again(x2) and you will get the prefix of +1 gems. Luck can save you 3 exalt here if you hit +1 gems on your first try and have no suffixes on the bow.

6. If you got lucky and exalted a +1 gems on your first try in step 5 then you skip this step. If not then you have to get rid of all the suffixes. Craft Prefixes Cannot be Changed and scour orb the bow. This leaves you with a rare bow that has only two prefixes. Those are +1 to socketed gems and vicious projectiles.

7. Now that you have your bow with two mods on it you craft Can Have Multiple Mods on the bow. Followed by attack speed. Followed by +2 to Socketed Support Gems. Followed by Minions have 25-28 increased attack speed.

Got confused with step 4 here. Why should i try to annul suffixes outta this bow?

As far as i understand i can go straight to the latter part of step 5. Which is crafting "no attack mods" and then rolling the guaranteed +1 gems. Is that rigth?
"
gjmine09 wrote:

Another noob crafter's question: are you sure that quality helps with linking? Shouldnt we craft +quality to 6link it then?
"
gjmine09 wrote:
"
Vatinas wrote:
Hello all,

Just a quick word regarding the "Quill Rain VS multi modded bow" question: indeed, a multi modded bow grants the more theoretical dps, but your average number of virulence stacks has a very important influence on your actual dps, and I find it very easy to stay between 36 and 40 virulence versus Uber Elder, and I'm closer to 32-36 with a rare bow with attack speed on it. A multi modded bow grants more damage than a Quill Rain, but not as much as PoB tells you (PoB assumes we have 40 virulence stacks).

Also, this point is completely subjective, but I value quality of life above some damage upgrades, and playing with Quill Rain feels really good. But it's just my opinion :)

With a 1.68+ attack speed bow linked with faster attacks you will have 40 virulence stacks. You can free the link up for faster attacks by getting corrupted gloves w/ temp chains. You can get a pair of shaper's touch with temp chains or enfeeble for 20-30 chaos. Shaper's touch provides more ES than a pair of rare gloves would because I seek strength anywhere possible.

I have 3.4 milllion shaper dps. 15,200 es. I believe my profile is public. Character is Gotdamncelestials. The bow is relatively easy to craft and gives a level 28 crawler.

It kills uber elder in 2-3 minutes. It kills guardians in less than ten seconds.

Arguably you could say that the build won't have 15 wither stacks up and it wouldn't have spirit offering procced 100%. If we take both of those away the build has 2.5 million shaper DPS.

The final form of the build im hoping to do is getting a pair of enfeeble shaper's touch and then I'm trying to get vorici on research to hopefully hit a white socket in place of a blue on my vaal regalia. If that happens then when i fight bosses I can swap temp chains for withering touch and guarantee 15 wither stacks vs bossses.

I'm pretty confident this is about the max this build can be pushed.

EDIT; for reference my 1.69 multimod bow w/ faster attacks is 0.27 attack time. While a quill rain without attack speed is 0.23

How do you have a crafted affix on your talisman?
"
Vatinas wrote:
"
gjmine09 wrote:
"
Fortran775 wrote:
Got a couple noob crafter questions.

1) Can i reroll crafted mods values with "can have multiple crafts" mod? Like if i craft the same mod multiple times?
2) Can i multicraft a bow with +1 to support gems and then somehow recraft it with +2 (when i find the mod) without paying for the "can have multiple crafts" mod again?
3) I know that local "increased attack speed" on a bow is multiplicative. But what about that "increased attack speed while a rare/unique is nearby". Is that one multiplicative? Are you sure? Because it is a bad mod if it isn't.

Would be very grateful for a competent answer.

Your questions.
1. No. To get better rolls you have to divine.
2. There is no +2 for socketed gems. Only socketed +2 BOW gems. That doesn't help the pet.
3. The new mod increased attack speed while a rare/unique is nearby is NOT local to the bow. I don't recommend crafting it.

5. Once your bow is rare/yellow and has only vicious projectiles on it you craft Cannot Roll Attack mods. Then you exalt and hope you hit the prefix which can only be +1 socketed gems. If you hit a suffix its fine you just have to exalt again and if you hit a suffix again you exalt once again(x2) and you will get the prefix of +1 gems. Luck can save you 3 exalt here if you hit +1 gems on your first try and have no suffixes on the bow.

6. If you got lucky and exalted a +1 gems on your first try in step 5 then you skip this step. If not then you have to get rid of all the suffixes. Craft Prefixes Cannot be Changed and scour orb the bow. This leaves you with a rare bow that has only two prefixes. Those are +1 to socketed gems and vicious projectiles.

7. Now that you have your bow with two mods on it you craft Can Have Multiple Mods on the bow. Followed by attack speed. Followed by +2 to Socketed Support Gems. Followed by Minions have 25-28 increased attack speed.

That's a very well detailed explanation of the crafting, may I add it to the guide?

Sure.

Also my crafted neck became a talisman because I had Jorgin on research and he will turn your amulet into a random talisman.
"
Fortran775 wrote:
"
gjmine09 wrote:

Got confused with step 4 here. Why should i try to annul suffixes outta this bow?

As far as i understand i can go straight to the latter part of step 5. Which is crafting "no attack mods" and then rolling the guaranteed +1 gems. Is that rigth?

Your bow is in a really good spot! You need to craft Cannot roll attack mods and exalt. You will hit +1 gems on the first exalt. Then remove Cannot roll attacks and replace it with prefixes cannot be changed and scour orb the bow.
I tried entering my build into POB, can someone explain to me why I am getting significantly less DPS than OP's build?

Thanks!
"
gjmine09 wrote:

I think i've found a way to make it 1 ex cheaper. We can alt/annul to make a blue bow with only Viciouts Proj. Then we can go straight to step 5. Here we craft "cant roll attack mods" on our blue bow and use a regal instead of the first exalt.

Anyways, I've crafted it and it is a hell of a bow. Thank you VERY much for a whole bunch of ideas of how to put the build on a completely new level. That guaranteed +1 gem levels hit is a truly brilliant find.
Last edited by Fortran775 on Dec 25, 2018, 1:07:06 AM
Thanks for the detailed guide. I've been playing this as my second Betrayal character and think I'm starting to get into the swing of combat. This is my first CI/ES build and I'm finding it not nearly as easy to play as some other builds, or as easy as some of the forum comments say.

Granted, I'm only level 63 (on T8), but I've died more times with this build than any other I've played before (around 15 deaths so far). My ES pool of 3k is low, and I'll be upgrading some gear soon.

On Standard, I was playing a Ranger/Pathfinder HoA. The build used Thief's Torment.

If only there was a keystone passive like Ghost Reaver but for life on hit. Running it on my ranger I was neigh invincible even in dense packs, and only had to worry about bosses.

Now it seems the opposite. Most of the boss fights so far have been pretty easy, but I'm getting stuck in or near packs too often. I'm using Granite(armor), Bismuth(resist), and Quartz(phase) flasks (and 2x Quicksilver) with various status removals. Are there any unique or different flasks I should be running? Any other mechanics or gear a first time CI player might be missing?

Also, what is a realistic ES target for comfortable mapping? I see 15K at the upper-end, and the guide mentions 10k, but I'm not seeing an easy way to get there. In the LL section, you guide mentions finding 500+ ES chests for "a few chaos". Perhaps on standard, but in Betrayal, a 6L chest with 500+ ES is around 2ex minimum (trade link).

Profane bloom is a blast though. Thanks for the guide.
deleted a doublepost here, sry
Last edited by Fortran775 on Dec 25, 2018, 4:00:08 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info