[3.8] A CI/LL Tri-Curse Herald of Agony Occultist [Deathless Uber Elder, League Starter]

"
...I'm using Granite(armor), Bismuth(resist), and Quartz(phase) flasks (and 2x Quicksilver) with various status removals. Are there any unique or different flasks I should be running? Any other mechanics or gear a first time CI player might be missing?

Also, what is a realistic ES target for comfortable mapping? I see 15K at the upper-end, and the guide mentions 10k, but I'm not seeing an easy way to get there. In the LL section, you guide mentions finding 500+ ES chests for "a few chaos". Perhaps on standard, but in Betrayal, a 6L chest with 500+ ES is around 2ex minimum (trade link).

Profane bloom is a blast though. Thanks for the guide.

Im nowhere near being an expert, but i'd suggest using jade+stibnite flasks with a +100% evasion suffix on jade. This gives you 10k evasion out of thin air and blinds every1 around you. The whole crowd just misses you in this. I also like having "of warding" suffix on my stibnite. With "25% reduced charges used" it takes only 7 of 30 charges per use and is super easy to sustain while mapping. This renders you permaimmune to curses.

ES-wise i'd suggest starting from Skin of the Loyal with a lot of +es abyss jewels. Just take whatever jewel node you can reach. This is much cheaper then big es armor and also gives you tons of free damage until you get your lvl21 herald. ES-wise Skin of the Loyal was roughly equal to 450es armor when i stopped using it. You can have over 10k es with that. Big es armor only shines when you are high level and can take a lot of +%es nodes on your tree.

I'd also suggest not using 4 points on "Skittering Runes" branch of your tree and just take more jewels or es instead.
Last edited by Fortran775 on Dec 25, 2018, 4:05:21 AM
here is my build, how do look?

I can not find what useful flask to use xd
"
Thanks for the detailed guide. I've been playing this as my second Betrayal character and think I'm starting to get into the swing of combat. This is my first CI/ES build and I'm finding it not nearly as easy to play as some other builds, or as easy as some of the forum comments say.

Granted, I'm only level 63 (on T8), but I've died more times with this build than any other I've played before (around 15 deaths so far). My ES pool of 3k is low, and I'll be upgrading some gear soon.

On Standard, I was playing a Ranger/Pathfinder HoA. The build used Thief's Torment.

If only there was a keystone passive like Ghost Reaver but for life on hit. Running it on my ranger I was neigh invincible even in dense packs, and only had to worry about bosses.

Now it seems the opposite. Most of the boss fights so far have been pretty easy, but I'm getting stuck in or near packs too often. I'm using Granite(armor), Bismuth(resist), and Quartz(phase) flasks (and 2x Quicksilver) with various status removals. Are there any unique or different flasks I should be running? Any other mechanics or gear a first time CI player might be missing?

Also, what is a realistic ES target for comfortable mapping? I see 15K at the upper-end, and the guide mentions 10k, but I'm not seeing an easy way to get there. In the LL section, you guide mentions finding 500+ ES chests for "a few chaos". Perhaps on standard, but in Betrayal, a 6L chest with 500+ ES is around 2ex minimum (trade link).

Profane bloom is a blast though. Thanks for the guide.

Hi,

It's normal if you die quite a lot while running T8 maps at lvl 63 with 3K ES, don't be worried :) I think you can aim at 6K or 7K ES quite easily once you get decent gear (for about 5c per item tops). Concerning the body armour, you don't have to buy a 6L one right away, you can buy a 5L one with decent ES, or even buy a 5L white one and try to craft it with a few essences of woe (guaranteed flat ES roll). You can play with two curses, Projectile Weakness and Enfeeble. I hope that helps :)

@gjmine09: I added your crafting process to the guide. Thanks a lot for letting me use it!
Hello, I have two questions -
Ever considered using lightning ball instead of roa?
Do you feel this is the strongest ascendancy / version of the build out there or if it's better to go for example champion?
Last edited by foojin on Dec 25, 2018, 7:00:35 AM
"
Vatinas wrote:

, or even buy a 5L white one and try to craft it with a few essences of woe (guaranteed flat ES roll). You can play with two curses, Projectile Weakness and

Thank you, that helps.

I just finished Merc. Lab, grabbed Vile Bastion and slotted in Soul Strike. Life is much better now :).

I think I'm going to craft or partially craft a 6-link chest. My issue now is that with the crafting changes it seems difficult to obtain the "At least 3 R/G/B socket" recipe since you don't level Vorcii anymore. Some forum posts say that the recipe can be found in the Vaal Outpost, but I skipped Delve league and don't know the mechanics. Also seems that some/many of the Vaal Outposts are bugged. Is it just random that you get one somewhere on the delve map? Is there any other way to get the recipe?

I could try and use the "At least two green" recipe, but that seems like a lot of Chromatics.
Last edited by GrimzEcho on Dec 25, 2018, 7:24:05 AM
"
Spamnricelol wrote:
I tried entering my build into POB, can someone explain to me why I am getting significantly less DPS than OP's build?

Thanks!

You need to go to PoB config and set virulence stacks to 40 and thats it mostly.
My builds:
Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2551841
My site:
https://mapsofexile.com/
"
foojin wrote:
Hello, I have two questions -
Ever considered using lightning ball instead of roa?
Do you feel this is the strongest ascendancy / version of the build out there or if it's better to go for example champion?

I discussed the "Rain of Arrows vs Ball Lightning" question in the "Why Rain of Arrows?" section :)

As for the comparison to other versions, I would say that it's the most tanky, and if you invest in it, can be one of the HoA builds with the most damage. It might sound pretentious, I know, but it's what I honestly think.
hey all! This build looks amazing. I wanna try it but I'm a noob :P
With how many sockets should I buy Quill Rain?
"
HollowDean wrote:
hey all! This build looks amazing. I wanna try it but I'm a noob :P
With how many sockets should I buy Quill Rain?

6 link is best obviously, but you will be more than fine with 5 or even 4.

Off-topic, but just wanted to say that I absolutely love this build, I am 92 atm and the build is still so flexible even for end-game content and I can run a lot of random gems if I feel like it without feeling that I am sacrificing anything (e.g I am just swapping between flesh offering and spirit offering, or simply not running either and just support cold snap with increased AOE and culling for a lot of frenzy charges, what is fun and fast for mapping, also the curses are very flexible, e.g I can again just swap the tanky ones for QoL and DPS ones like poacher's mark, and as others mentioned also wither). + there is no "mandatory" super expensive gear for the build, what is really awesome too.

Only annoying thing when mapping atm for me is syndicates on tier 15/16 maps, because very often I just need to jump into them in the fortresses and then its hard to keep the ES up, but otherwise all maps are 10/10.

EDIT: Oh, wanted to mention that no regen maps were a bit troublesome at first, even with QR regen, but all that I done is that I crafted this mod:

on my amulet (+ using poachers on them again) and all mana troubles in them are gone.
My builds:
Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2551841
My site:
https://mapsofexile.com/
Last edited by thedeathbeam on Dec 25, 2018, 10:29:27 AM
Hello all!

I was editing the guide, adding another detail that one of you mentioned, and I realized how much the build has evolved since I first wrote it. You guys provided very valuable feedback and suggestions, and you all contributed to what the build currently is.

So thank you to everyone who posted here, and merry christmas :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info