[3.8] [SC] TheEmperorSlayer's Autobomber - Pushing Boundaries

"
DeLiquid wrote:
For the helmet mod
"
Socketed Spells have +3% to Critical Strike Chance
will that not show in-game or in Path of Building? I was able to get a 1% critical strike chance helmet, but the herald of ice crit chance % never increased.
That would be because the minimum critical strike chance one can have is 5%. Since you basically have no sources of base critical strike chance for your Herald of Ice (I'm surprised your build works at all), in your hideout it sits at 0.5%, which rounds up to 5%. Adding a 1% to that makes it 1.5%, which rounds up to the same 5%. In combat it is higher, since power charges will grant you a whole lot of critical strike chance, etc.

But please, get a 2%-3% helmet, or support your Herald of Ice with Increased Critical Strikes. It says so about 20 different times throughout the guide.
Just wanted to post that I've been having great success building this as MF. I have 29% IIQ and 270% IIR in Betrayal SC and it still one shots all the way up to T16 on 2-man HP. However, single target is lacking and I can't really kill bosses beyond yellow maps, and even then I die often. Honestly though, I just don't care because this is by far the best clear speed I've ever had with an MFer and I'm making a ton of profit running it. Here's my gear -

I've used jewels to stack my resists. The only non-res jewel I have is Pure Talent. I'm considering changing out the belt for a Perandus Blazon but I am not sure if -90% IIR is worth +8% IIQ

I'm still tweaking my item filter but so far have made quite a bit off of selling rare wands, daggers, and sceptres, as well as pure currency and 6s drops. Also got a Halcyon amulet today from a random Breach which sold for 5 exalt. My current strat is spamming Iceberg maps and selling hideout completion while also profiting off of its good layout and MF potential.

So yeah super good MF build!
"
Weeshnaw997 wrote:
Just wanted to post that I've been having great success building this as MF. I have 29% IIQ and 270% IIR in Betrayal SC and it still one shots all the way up to T16 on 2-man HP. However, single target is lacking and I can't really kill bosses beyond yellow maps, and even then I die often. Honestly though, I just don't care because this is by far the best clear speed I've ever had with an MFer and I'm making a ton of profit running it. Here's my gear -

I've used jewels to stack my resists. The only non-res jewel I have is Pure Talent. I'm considering changing out the belt for a Perandus Blazon but I am not sure if -90% IIR is worth +8% IIQ

I'm still tweaking my item filter but so far have made quite a bit off of selling rare wands, daggers, and sceptres, as well as pure currency and 6s drops. Also got a Halcyon amulet today from a random Breach which sold for 5 exalt. My current strat is spamming Iceberg maps and selling hideout completion while also profiting off of its good layout and MF potential.

So yeah super good MF build!
I'm very happy to hear that it's working for you, and as you witnessed, there isn't an easy way to deal with bosses without Hatred and its accompanying Watcher's Eye. As for your belt, I recommend Bisco's Leash over both, String of Servitude and Perandus Blazon.
Last edited by b0moodc on Dec 18, 2018, 6:54:40 AM
How exactly does the hatred+eye solve the problem?
So far im really enjoying this build but i cant farm maps alone, what would you change in my character?
I know that im missing uberlab and need to level it up a bit but what else can i make better?
"
Glacial Cascade deals more damage thanks to Hatred, it crits noticeably more often, and also triggers more frequently thanks to the higher critical strike chance on Shield Charge. You can consider it a three-step damage multiplier in one.

"
Ravesence wrote:
So far im really enjoying this build but i cant farm maps alone, what would you change in my character?
I know that im missing uberlab and need to level it up a bit but what else can i make better?
Your Herald of Ice setup is something I wouldn't personally recommend. Please check out the main guide for information regarding which gems to use and what type of helmet you should try to get. Your flasks need a lot of work as well: upgrade your Quicksilver Flask and fit a Diamond Flask into your loadout.
Last edited by b0moodc on Dec 18, 2018, 3:40:24 PM
"
b0moodc wrote:
"
Glacial Cascade deals more damage thanks to Hatred, it crits noticeably more often, and also triggers more frequently thanks to the higher critical strike chance on Shield Charge. You can consider it a three-step damage multiplier in one.

I see, hopefully thats enough to make quick work of tough targets. I'm considering running this as a fast mapper in betrayal but a little concerned about single target and survivability... ideally would be able to run t16s with some MF (pariah/ leash, maybe goldwyrm?). Betrayal content has a lot of chaos damage and big hits - do you have any suggestions on how this might be modified to do so without regularly dying? 8k es and fortify will probably be enough, and for damage the toughest thing a mapper will probably face is red beasts and beyond bosses.

Since getting HP while running more than like 2 MF items is pretty much a crapshoot, I was thinking if it would be possible to run as CI, for instance. I know its a lot to ask for but I think I have the perfect eye for such a build:

I know this is different from the core build but you seem to be really knowledgable about autobombers so hopefully I could get some input from you about it - I've never made a herald-scaling build so I'm not sure just how much is necessary to get chains in tougher maps. Perhaps some option other than CI exists, like EB-MoM or something
Last edited by PosteriorPounder on Dec 18, 2018, 7:59:00 PM
Hi. Nice build guide, really well formatted. I have a few questions that are probably pretty commonly asked, but I didn't see them.

What are the most needed items other than cospri's and calamity in your opinion? Like I have about 15EX I can spend on this build, what would you say would make best use of that money?

And for my final question, what level you typically recommend to switch to autobombering? I see you mention merciless lab as the earliest starting point, but is that what you recommend to swap at?
"
"
b0moodc wrote:
"

I see, hopefully thats enough to make quick work of tough targets. I'm considering running this as a fast mapper in betrayal but a little concerned about single target and survivability... ideally would be able to run t16s with some MF (pariah/ leash, maybe goldwyrm?). Betrayal content has a lot of chaos damage and big hits - do you have any suggestions on how this might be modified to do so without regularly dying? 8k es and fortify will probably be enough, and for damage the toughest thing a mapper will probably face is red beasts and beyond bosses.

Since getting HP while running more than like 2 MF items is pretty much a crapshoot, I was thinking if it would be possible to run as CI, for instance. I know its a lot to ask for but I think I have the perfect eye for such a build:

I know this is different from the core build but you seem to be really knowledgable about autobombers so hopefully I could get some input from you about it - I've never made a herald-scaling build so I'm not sure just how much is necessary to get chains in tougher maps. Perhaps some option other than CI exists, like EB-MoM or something
I was never able to put together a CI version of the build, as the gear requirements (The Coming Calamity, Essence Worm (Hatred), Aul's Uprising (Discipline), a damage-oriented helmet, ideally headhunter... ) leave us with a non-existing energy shield pool, which defeats the point. I don't know how viable it could become with really solid items, but for the time being, I can't consider it an option.

"
Reloads wrote:
Hi. Nice build guide, really well formatted. I have a few questions that are probably pretty commonly asked, but I didn't see them.

What are the most needed items other than cospri's and calamity in your opinion? Like I have about 15EX I can spend on this build, what would you say would make best use of that money?

And for my final question, what level you typically recommend to switch to autobombering? I see you mention merciless lab as the earliest starting point, but is that what you recommend to swap at?
Besides Cospri's Malice and The Coming Calamity, your 15ex would be best spent in this order:
  • Hatred crit Watcher's Eye & Essence Worm
  • Insanity-crafted gloves
  • 3x Grand Spectrum & Pure Talent
  • Additional Accuracy, Glacial Cascade, Herald of Ice, Herald of Thunder at level 20+
  • Good flasks

You should be fine switching as soon as your gear can be equipped, so at least level 68. Keep in mind that you will have to farm some levels (12-22) before you're ready to blaze through the more difficult maps.
Last edited by b0moodc on Dec 19, 2018, 2:21:40 AM
How badly do we need assassin mark ring and -mana cost clarity?

And is there a major difference between wrath and hatred watcher eye crit enchant? I have an aul uprising with free wrath and 2% crit to near by enemy.

Thinking about replacing essence worm with Mark of the elder ring and elder ring. Then using wrath aul uprising with watcher eye w/ 100% crit with wrath & - mana cost.

Or will this lower gc?
Last edited by 16vor1006 on Dec 19, 2018, 6:47:26 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info