[3.8] [SC] TheEmperorSlayer's Autobomber - Pushing Boundaries

"
b0moodc wrote:
"
AVtime1 wrote:
Okay,im gonna give this build a shot again. This time i got hh and 6link CC.

Not gonna use shield charge.im aiming for cospris cyclone. How do you think it would fare on guardians?
Hey, I don't mean to be rude, this is an honest observation; I think you're not giving this build a shot by playing Cyclone Cast on Critical Strike, the tree is not tailored for CoC. I recommend you follow a different tree (ie, entire build), it's going to be way better for your character if you want your default setup to be Cyclone CoC.

yes, youre right. i always followed this build half hearted (last build in leagion and 2nd build in blight). i am open to suggestions tho, its just that Shield Charge is putting me off the build, i dont like its mechanics,esp. with the cone now. i am willing to use rippling and cyclone. how do you think it might fare with guardians in that setup ?
"
AVtime1 wrote:
yes, youre right. i always followed this build half hearted (last build in leagion and 2nd build in blight). i am open to suggestions tho, its just that Shield Charge is putting me off the build, i dont like its mechanics,esp. with the cone now. i am willing to use rippling and cyclone. how do you think it might fare with guardians in that setup ?
It seems extremely unlikely to me that you would take down guardians using The Rippling Thoughts. I sure as hell can't do it. Cospri's Malice is a must.
"
b0moodc wrote:
"
AVtime1 wrote:
It seems extremely unlikely to me that you would take down guardians using The Rippling Thoughts. I sure as hell can't do it. Cospri's Malice is a must.

thanks, that was what im trying to say. guess im going to experiment on it. thanks.
lol im dumb
Last edited by vapegodintraining on Nov 23, 2019, 11:10:57 PM
"
I did find one thing that I believe can be improved: the Disciple of the Forbidden branch is very strong. I adjusted the skill tree to include it (while sacrificing Pure Talent) resulting in more damage, more crit chance, and increased AoE: https://pastebin.com/z2BT5mzx

Seems pretty nice ... at lvl 90 I gained over 10% dps for the heralds but lost about 5% life (and 10 str/dex from the travel nodes which was a bit challenging since I don't have headhunter). Thanks for posting this!
Last edited by floodo1 on Dec 2, 2019, 10:12:36 PM
"
floodo1 wrote:
"
I did find one thing that I believe can be improved: the Disciple of the Forbidden branch is very strong. I adjusted the skill tree to include it (while sacrificing Pure Talent) resulting in more damage, more crit chance, and increased AoE: https://pastebin.com/z2BT5mzx

Seems pretty nice ... at lvl 90 I gained over 10% dps for the heralds but lost about 5% life (and 10 str/dex from the travel nodes which was a bit challenging since I don't have headhunter). Thanks for posting this!
I've sort of lied in the past about this, I said I'd look into it. I really didn't. I have not been playing for the past few leagues, life is rather busy. Going forward, you will not be able to trust my guide to yield a perfect autobomber, as I have not been (and very likely won't be) keeping up with new findings or additions to the game.

Thanks for your strong sense of improvement and efficiency and everyone else who contributed and helped shape the guide. It should still be a very powerful guide to base any autobomber off of, for a very long time.
Can an autobomber with significant investment (say 30-50 exa) handle endgame bosses?

Thinking about playing one in 3.9 but very wary that with the boss-heavy focus in this league that it would be better to play something else.

Thoughts?
"
octeris wrote:
Can an autobomber with significant investment (say 30-50 exa) handle endgame bosses?

Thinking about playing one in 3.9 but very wary that with the boss-heavy focus in this league that it would be better to play something else.

Thoughts?

I'd say no, I have played a blade vortex autobomber character which had enough single target damage. However, I was very squishy, which wasn't a problem in maps due to my herald killing everything. But it was not fun killing bosses.

If you follow this build guide you don't have room for a single target setup without swapping gems or gear. Furthermore getting a watcher's eye and a shaper helmet will be even more expensive compared to last league's due to the atlas changes.

You can't use an autobomber as league start anyway so why not make sure your first character can kill bosses?

"
octeris wrote:

Thoughts?
It can, but you will need to resort to the designated singletarget setup. I do not recommend playing an autobomber in Metamorph if you intend to engage with the league mechanic in red+ maps.
With Rippling Thoughts instead of Cospris + glacial cascade, I was thinking Wrath over Hatred. Hatred should only be supporting the shield charge hit so Wrath would theoretically be more damage, but I'm not sure how to get the Harbinger's damage output to show in PoB. Similar deal with the shield--the AOE only helps HoI and HoT hits, it looks like. The cast rate of Harbinger is too slow to overlap and Esh's would be more theoretical dps.

Also, would you mind if I spin off a new guide from yours if you're going to be letting this one go? I wouldn't mind running it as my league starter and keeping it updated for a few leagues. Obviously all credit would go to you.

edit: ignore my tree. I started as a CA Trickster I theorycrafted. He was strong as absolute shit but JUST. SO. B O R I N G. I'm in the process of gathering the regrets to respec now.
Last edited by MasterWilhelm on Dec 25, 2019, 10:07:59 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info