[3.5] Solo Smite Mjölner LL 7-9 Aura Guardian (Shaper, Uber Elder down on a 4 Link)

Small update.

I edited my Passives even further, sitting at 9168 ES and have improved the dmg of my Arc, it isn't top tier (yet) but no map is tough.

I did try UElder with what I have, and wasn't able to defeat him sadly. My damage on Shaper was good but was weak on Elder, and was easily being 1 shotted (It was my first ever attempt at UElder but saw the strategy video multiple times).

In contrast, when I went for my first Shaper kill (first ever attempt, first ever kill) it was completely deathless (bar the rubber-band death).

The build definitely has room to improve further, however the restrictions with all the uniques makes it incredibly tough. I need to understand and learn how I can calculate my Shaper/UElder dps if someone can help me with that?
"
murasam3 wrote:
Small update.

I edited my Passives even further, sitting at 9168 ES and have improved the dmg of my Arc, it isn't top tier (yet) but no map is tough.

I did try UElder with what I have, and wasn't able to defeat him sadly. My damage on Shaper was good but was weak on Elder, and was easily being 1 shotted (It was my first ever attempt at UElder but saw the strategy video multiple times).

In contrast, when I went for my first Shaper kill (first ever attempt, first ever kill) it was completely deathless (bar the rubber-band death).

The build definitely has room to improve further, however the restrictions with all the uniques makes it incredibly tough. I need to understand and learn how I can calculate my Shaper/UElder dps if someone can help me with that?

Theoretically you import your char to pob set frenzy, power and endurance charges and dmg vs shaper and you look at your aps*hit chance*arc dmg.
I managed uelder when I switched to chayula for stun immunity because when 1 ball hits it stuns you and the second ball will kill you. Further you can change pantheon with chayula. Also make sure you have the minor pantheon with cold dmg 5% active.

And just for the record it’s not an uelder build. You can kill him but I am sure there are better builds for that.
Last edited by Augustiner_1328 on Jan 13, 2019, 1:59:54 PM
i recently respec my old templar and this build is awesome to play. it's actually pretty cheap as well if you are just going for the standard items without gg corrupts. it's nice because you can easily end up with 9k+ ES and decent damage for under 2ex of gear and upgrade to the expensive stuff later on.
Hello sir, thank you for all the advice.

I am now sitting at 9800 ES, and 200 HP.

I have a question for you. How does this build compare to a full support Aurabot? The reason I ask is because I was confronted today by a guy who I was selling an item too. But then he started asking me questions.

He said, "Are you an Aurabot?"
I said: "Yes"
He adds me, then says, wanna play with me sometime, how much do you charge??
I said, "Idk, i play solo tbh, sometimes with a friend"
He was like WTF are you playing an aurabot by urself for??
I said, well this is a solo/smite arc aurabot that can solo content.

Lol charge? Is this a thing.

Anyways, I didn't know what to say, but I did join him and some of his friends as they farmed T16 Precints, and it was just absolutely insane. I wasn't allowed to pick up any loot though. Farming the XP was fine, but I do wanna say something next time if they are going to use me, although its beneficial for everyone.

I have not made it that far in the end-game to farm "T16s" and such.

Anyways, I just wanted some more insight on this, if they ask me to play with them again, should there be a cut? What are your thoughts on this?
Last edited by zeethree50 on Jan 14, 2019, 6:10:44 PM
Just took down my first Uber Elder in Betrayal league with this build, here's my character:

https://pastebin.com/rmt63PYY

It wasn't deathless but it was pretty smooth and easy. Made some mistakes and took 1 portal.

Thanks for the guide! Had great fun with this build. The rest is to get to 36 and wrap it up for the league.
"
HurricAngel wrote:
Just took down my first Uber Elder in Betrayal league with this build, here's my character:

It wasn't deathless but it was pretty smooth and easy. Made some mistakes and took 1 portal.

Thanks for the guide! Had great fun with this build. The rest is to get to 36 and wrap it up for the league.

Gratz & nice gear. Maybe you can give us your opinion on the following topics:
- Ball Lightning vs Arc (did you just use it because you got the helm enchant?)
- Death's Door vs Sin Trek
- Commandment of Light

Thanks!

"
zeethree50 wrote:
Hello sir, thank you for all the advice.

I am now sitting at 9800 ES, and 200 HP.

I have a question for you. How does this build compare to a full support Aurabot? The reason I ask is because I was confronted today by a guy who I was selling an item too. But then he started asking me questions.

He said, "Are you an Aurabot?"
I said: "Yes"
He adds me, then says, wanna play with me sometime, how much do you charge??
I said, "Idk, i play solo tbh, sometimes with a friend"
He was like WTF are you playing an aurabot by urself for??
I said, well this is a solo/smite arc aurabot that can solo content.

Lol charge? Is this a thing.

Anyways, I didn't know what to say, but I did join him and some of his friends as they farmed T16 Precints, and it was just absolutely insane. I wasn't allowed to pick up any loot though. Farming the XP was fine, but I do wanna say something next time if they are going to use me, although its beneficial for everyone.

Anyways, I just wanted some more insight on this, if they ask me to play with them again, should there be a cut? What are your thoughts on this?

I never played a pure Aurabot so I can't really say anything here. Sorry.
"
zeethree50 wrote:

there is no 'fee' but you really should be using perm allocation and taking whatever happens to drop for you. any big ticket items or currency over 1ex should be split between the group

yes you are getting free xp but the auras you provide make the map clear so much faster with haste and dmg auras, and a lot safer too with purities
"
"
HurricAngel wrote:

Gratz & nice gear. Maybe you can give us your opinion on the following topics:
- Ball Lightning vs Arc (did you just use it because you got the helm enchant?)
- Death's Door vs Sin Trek
- Commandment of Light

Thanks!

Sure thing.

Clear: BL+Arc+CD >= Arc+CD+LightPen > BL+CD+LightPen

Single Target: BL > Arc >>> BL+Arc

BL+Arc setup excels at clearing packs with the "allies cannot die" aura as sometimes Arc just don't chain on to the desired target. Other than that the clear is pretty much the same. You just shield charge into packs and everything dies. Occasionally you will need to smite a bit to take down the tankier rare or unique mobs. Full BL setup isn't bad at clearing, but it is inferior to Arc in multiple terrain such as incursion and research syndicate... etc.

As for the single target BL is noticeably better than Arc, not sure if it is the helm enchant, though. Arc cleared fine with my current gear but it is slower at T16+ bosses and accidents are more likely to happen the longer you take with those end game bosses :/

I use Arc setup most of the time and only switch to BL when needed.

--

Death's Door vs Sin Trek.

I started out with a max rolled Sin Trek and switched to Death's Door when I made the transition to 9 aura version. I did not notice any difference in my game play switching the boot so I went with Death's Door which saved me one flask slot.

--

Commandment of Light was more of a happy accident. Got it pretty early and it contributed towards keeping golem, holy relic and my character alive. I don't think it played an important role to my late game (85+), just didn't bother to get another enchant and didn't feel the need of enfeeble.
What do you guys think of bastion of hope instead of radiant crusade. Constant 10% attack block and 40% of time you get another 50% block chance. Seems solid to me at least, or is the damage of radiant crusade needed?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info