[3.5] Solo Smite Mjölner LL 7-9 Aura Guardian (Shaper, Uber Elder down on a 4 Link)

"
ztilleto wrote:
"
Townsfoe wrote:

You're profile is still set to private, so I can't check it out

Sorry I thought I had unchecked all the things in private settings. But the char tab wasn't.

Should be now.

I don't see any huge red flags to explain why you'd be taking so much more damage, but I see a couple easy opportunities to increase your ES.

1) Get some quality on that Shav's - a 28q bench shouldn't cost much, but at least get it to 20q. Quality makes a big difference on ES gear

2) Find some nice ES boots. Decently rolled Sin Trek with 20q would be like +100 base ES

3) Upgrade your cyclopean coil to a 15% one. You don't have to care about the life roll, so it shouldn't be more than 30-40c

4) Find a 2nd ring with high strength. An extra ~50 STR can give a solid 200-300 total ES. Since strength gives %ES, following tips 1 & 2 will further improve the benefit you get from a better coil/ring.

Edit: Regarding chaos res, I didn't think of chaos damage as a problem personally while leveling in the 7 aura build, but once you start making the swap to 9 aura and get a Presence of Chayula, you should be set.
Last edited by Townsfoe on Jan 8, 2019, 9:55:08 AM
"
emix86 wrote:
hi,
thanks for the build look awesome... but have problem with ES and Damage... this is my PoB : https://pastebin.com/pQksVY3u

Have follow the guide on lightining damage + vitality but my damage is low and shield is about only 8k... how can improve my damage and ES?

Thanks for the reply...

See a few easy changes...

1) Your jewels were in the wrong places, and a healthy mind wasn't giving much benefit. Should be:
Templar Area: Healthy Mind
Above Witch: Healthy Mind
Between Templar/Witch: Efficient Training
Right of Witch: Watcher's Eye

2) For a tiny easy gain, refund the point above Arcane Focus and put it into the node below Deep Wisdom.

3) With your damage watcher's eye, I'd personally refund Static Blows, Crackling Speed, and Celestial Judgement to grab more ES nodes and Deep Thoughts. You can even path a little differently to get Unnatural Calm very easily.
"
Townsfoe wrote:

I don't see any huge red flags to explain why you'd be taking so much more damage, but I see a couple easy opportunities to increase your ES.

1) Get some quality on that Shav's - a 28q bench shouldn't cost much, but at least get it to 20q. Quality makes a big difference on ES gear

2) Find some nice ES boots. Decently rolled Sin Trek with 20q would be like +100 base ES

3) Upgrade your cyclopean coil to a 15% one. You don't have to care about the life roll, so it shouldn't be more than 30-40c

4) Find a 2nd ring with high strength. An extra ~50 STR can give a solid 200-300 total ES. Since strength gives %ES, following tips 1 & 2 will further improve the benefit you get from a better coil/ring.

Edit: Regarding chaos res, I didn't think of chaos damage as a problem personally while leveling in the 7 aura build, but once you start making the swap to 9 aura and get a Presence of Chayula, you should be set.

Thanks for looking at it.

1) Yeah that was just dumb. Don't know why I hadn't since I jewelled it to 6 sockets.

2) I already ran with Sin Trek 28q before, but then I saw the update, where the Death's Door was used as an alternative and sounded like it was for more defensive build. So I used all my ex I had and put it in a Death's Door to try it out, and it didn't feel like much of a difference in the end.
My Sin Trek is 151 ES. Trying to put them on again.

3. Done.

4. Done.

5. Trying now to move towards 9 aura build, when I got the Jewels and neck piece for it..

And got a pair of gloves with the enfeble

Just happened to got a 40% ball lightning enchant. Would ball lightning do more damage than Arc if we are talking strictly single target?

I am following the 7 Aura setup and is about ready to make the transition to 9. Been playing with PoB and cant quite figure out the precise damage of ball lightning. Also, I feel the 7 Aura version is tanky enough and doing more damage than the 9 aura version, is it necessary to switch? Or I am just reading the PoB wrong...?
"
HurricAngel wrote:
Just happened to got a 40% ball lightning enchant. Would ball lightning do more damage than Arc if we are talking strictly single target?

I am following the 7 Aura setup and is about ready to make the transition to 9. Been playing with PoB and cant quite figure out the precise damage of ball lightning. Also, I feel the 7 Aura version is tanky enough and doing more damage than the 9 aura version, is it necessary to switch? Or I am just reading the PoB wrong...?

If you look up Ball Lightning on the Wiki, it has a calculator to help determine the skills DPS with your set up. Just be sure to multiply the total damage per cast by your smite APS to get the true DPS.

For the 9 aura version, I don't know how to put a number to the tankyness, but it just feels better to me. The +3 max res (+4 with a +2 aura helm) is nice, and my personal favorite part about it is the freedom on the ring slots from not having to worry about capping resistances. If your memory vault is rolled well enough, you can use a dream fragment and not need any res on the second ring.
"
Townsfoe wrote:
"
HurricAngel wrote:

If you look up Ball Lightning on the Wiki, it has a calculator to help determine the skills DPS with your set up. Just be sure to multiply the total damage per cast by your smite APS to get the true DPS.

For the 9 aura version, I don't know how to put a number to the tankyness, but it just feels better to me. The +3 max res (+4 with a +2 aura helm) is nice, and my personal favorite part about it is the freedom on the ring slots from not having to worry about capping resistances. If your memory vault is rolled well enough, you can use a dream fragment and not need any res on the second ring.

Great information! Just tried the calculator and found the ball lightning doing slightly more damage than Arc. It should dish out more damage on bigger enemies, though.

As for the 9 aura version, I definitely agree that it is more tanky and better QoL. The thing is, the 7 aura version seems "tanky enough." It pretty much face tanks everything (up to T15 syndicate gangbang) except those attacks that one shot you, which I assume the 9 aura version probably had to avoid as well. Anyway, I am still going to try out the 9 aura version since I have finally accumulated some currency and I have no other character to upgrade :)
"
HurricAngel wrote:
"
Townsfoe wrote:
"
HurricAngel wrote:

Great information! Just tried the calculator and found the ball lightning doing slightly more damage than Arc. It should dish out more damage on bigger enemies, though.

As for the 9 aura version, I definitely agree that it is more tanky and better QoL. The thing is, the 7 aura version seems "tanky enough." It pretty much face tanks everything (up to T15 syndicate gangbang) except those attacks that one shot you, which I assume the 9 aura version probably had to avoid as well. Anyway, I am still going to try out the 9 aura version since I have finally accumulated some currency and I have no other character to upgrade :)

For general mapping, I doubt you would notice the difference between the builds. Having a Presence of Chayula necklace will help out with high tier Syndicate encounters that have chaos damage though, and the extra max res saved my ass on uber elder for sure. If you're happy with it at the level of content you're doing, there's no real push to make the swap.
The stun immunity also helps a lot. If you are hit by a shaper ball it will stun you and you’ll eat a second ball which will most likely kill you.

Edit: and you can switch pantheon
Last edited by Augustiner_1328 on Jan 9, 2019, 12:21:08 PM
Hi Again!

Just got to 92, I made some changes to the class (6 link chest) and currently sitting at 8644 ES - I do somehow take a ton of damage as well.

I have no need for Clarity (not in my Watcher's Eye) but the additional Aura does give me more ES.

My damage seems... fine? a bit on the low? or just good enough? I'm not sure really lol.

Any of Towns or August would have a quick look at the char and give me some insight on how to improve further?
Hello I'm selling a BIS full set of gear for this build, including the watcher eye. Feel free to PM me in game.
livejamie

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info