[3.5] Solo Smite Mjölner LL 7-9 Aura Guardian (Shaper, Uber Elder down on a 4 Link)

"
m0onknight wrote:
This guide looks awesome! There are a lot of different versions and I'm a bit confused. I've got about 6ex to spend and I've already got this
, which version should I be aiming for?

Aim for the 7 auras version after you are 90+ you can think about going 9 auras.
Buy Shavs, Shapers touch, Mjoelner and astramentis first.
Hello

Can you please explain how the minion nodes work? I am playing around with your build in Path of Building and I just cant get me head around how they are helping with DPS when it comes to Smite?
"
ninjabeerrun wrote:
Hello

Can you please explain how the minion nodes work? I am playing around with your build in Path of Building and I just cant get me head around how they are helping with DPS when it comes to Smite?

1) We take the nodes "Spiritual Command" and "Spiritual Aid" because so much minion damage is close to our pathing on the tree. These nodes let all sources of minion damage and attack speed affect us too (Thus increasing Arc damage).

2) We don't really care about smite damage, although the nodes do affect it for the same reason they buff Arc.
Still loving the build, have made a lot of progress so far in my gear. Question in regards to Shaper's Touch with Elemental Weakness vs Enfeeble. I'm torn between the two... any suggestions? Feel free to skim my gear/set-up!

Would I get the bigger lift with the extra survival vs the ele weakness?
After testing multiple instant skills, I chose to use Vortex + Arcane Surge + Culling Strike.

It slows down enemies if needed, apply chill for Celestial Punishment, and cull when needed as well.

My character: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/kodr/characters?characterName=Papy_Marteau
PoE forums ignore list script:
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/162657

0.4: added "ignore" button. ignore list is now saved locally.
I feel like I'm missing something here. I was trying to go 7 auras and I can do it on my char atm I just have to have Herald of Purity in my chest slot and not in my boots. If i put it in my boots it reserves 25% mana but in my chest it reserves 20%, what am I missing here?

So basically I was going to move my CWD + IC on to my boots and take out the totem completely (what purpose does it actually fill? just an extra ally?) and put in Purity to try it out. And that's when I noticed the difference in mana reserve. Can't go 7 auras with an aura in my head slot since it adds 10% mana reserve.

I really do like the build though.

(Ignore colors on chest, it's a work in progress that ended because I ran out of chromatics)

*edit*

Same thing happened if moved Herald of Thunder to the weapon it got bumped up to 28% mana reserved instead of 20% when in the chest.
Last edited by Irongrin on Jan 5, 2019, 10:50:44 AM
"
Irongrin wrote:
I feel like I'm missing something here. I was trying to go 7 auras and I can do it on my char atm I just have to have Herald of Purity in my chest slot and not in my boots. If i put it in my boots it reserves 25% mana but in my chest it reserves 20%, what am I missing here?

So basically I was going to move my CWD + IC on to my boots and take out the totem completely (what purpose does it actually fill? just an extra ally?) and put in Purity to try it out. And that's when I noticed the difference in mana reserve. Can't go 7 auras with an aura in my head slot since it adds 10% mana reserve.

(Ignore colors on chest, it's a work in progress that ended because I ran out of chromatics)

*edit*

Same thing happened if moved Herald of Thunder to the weapon it got bumped up to 28% mana reserved instead of 20% when in the chest.

Did you have any support gems linked to the auras/reservations? They increase the amount reserved too.

The helmet's increased mana reserved is global, so it will affect your other auras no matter where they are socketed.

Edit: You seem to be building your passive tree for the 9 aura version rather than the 7 aura version.
Also, in the 7 aura version, you'd be running 6 auras + herald.
You might want discipline in your shield instead of vitality.
Last edited by MoltenMuffin on Jan 5, 2019, 11:09:34 AM
Can someone help me with this a bit, I'm level 87 and have been really enjoying this build. I just tend to find myself a little bit squishier than I thought I would be. I have around 6.5k es and I'm not sure if its the ES pool being a problem or some other part of my build. Thanks in advance.
"
MoltenMuffin wrote:
"
Irongrin wrote:

*edit*

Did you have any support gems linked to the auras/reservations? They increase the amount reserved too.

The helmet's increased mana reserved is global, so it will affect your other auras no matter where they are socketed.

Edit: You seem to be building your passive tree for the 9 aura version rather than the 7 aura version.
Also, in the 7 aura version, you'd be running 6 auras + herald.
You might want discipline in your shield instead of vitality.

I figured it out with the help of my friend, it's the mana multiplier on the gems. I had totally forgotten about it :P so yeah
"
Can someone help me with this a bit, I'm level 87 and have been really enjoying this build. I just tend to find myself a little bit squishier than I thought I would be. I have around 6.5k es and I'm not sure if its the ES pool being a problem or some other part of my build. Thanks in advance.

- Drop 1 4% mana reserved node on Sovereignty wheel. That will give 130es and 1% phys reduction.
- Use Armourer's Scrap on your armor for more quality/ES

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info