[3.5] Solo Smite Mjölner LL 7-9 Aura Guardian (Shaper, Uber Elder down on a 4 Link)

"
Barkruk wrote:
Love the feeling of this build but i still feel squishy. Still busy with getting all the gems set up right and i need a new weapon/boots/body armor. Is there any gear you guys advice before getting Shavronne's and Mjölnir..

Get Shavs next. It will help you set up all the auras and improve your damage and tankiness.
u suggest to remove ancestral protector, what do you use for remplace him ? (i'v already a flame golem+arcane surge)
Cool build
livejamie
"
Leemyungbak wrote:
u suggest to remove ancestral protector, what do you use for remplace him ? (i'v already a flame golem+arcane surge)

If your aps is high enough I recommend to remove ancestral protector. If you already have arcane surge you could link it with increased duration.
nice build
Last edited by agarwean on Dec 19, 2018, 8:29:18 AM
"
TeeBung wrote:
Would it be more overall dps to just 6-link smite rather than trying to use arcane surge? since the trash clear is already so good, only thing it could use is more single target

I was wondering the same.

Are there downsides to doing this? What would have to change?
livejamie
"
livejamie wrote:
"
TeeBung wrote:
Would it be more overall dps to just 6-link smite rather than trying to use arcane surge? since the trash clear is already so good, only thing it could use is more single target

I was wondering the same.

Are there downsides to doing this? What would have to change?

When looking at the 9 auras build (without Ancestral Protector and with Arcane Surge level 9) I get the following numbers:
Smite, Multistrike, Culling Strike, Faster Attacks: 6,17aps
Arc hits for 85,6k*6,17aps = 570k dps + 10% target life because of culling strike

If we use a 6L Smite (we need 2 more gem slots so we drop arcane surge and flame golem) for single target that would be:
Smite, Multistrike, Conc Effect, Ele. Dmg. w. Attacks, Lightning Pen., Ruthless which is 127k dps and 4,62aps. Arc now does 71,6k*4,62 = 330k dps. All this results in 457k dps and no culling strike.

So, all in all, I think you are better off with 4L Smite...
Really like this build so far. Shaper and red elder were both a breeze. Havent had a chance to do uber elder yet, but im slowly getting there. Will see how it goes. Getting a vit/clarity watchers eye is a royal pain in the ass tho. There hasnt been any for sale for the past 3-4 days.
Hey guys, i want respec from ele hit heirophant. Is it worth it? Will I lose much damage?
Back with another question...

Is Sin Trek necessary to keep life from being leeched through ES? I'm not sure how that interacts and couldn't find a good answer.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info