Delve Statistics

>> 0.03% of players have completed 36 challenges and earned the Delve Portal Effect

well hello there
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Finally, these are the top 10 skills from characters of level 90 or higher, including utility skills:
- Flame Dash
- Blood Rage
- Portal
- Shield Charge
- Summon Lightning Golem
- Blink Arrow
- Phase Run
- Orb of Storms
- Whirling Blades
- Leap Slam

No Lightning Warp in this list, why am I not surprised ?
Despite the so-called boost to this skill, it's still unusable in multiplayer (too slow) and very clunky in solo...

Please fix the cooldown between warps and the numerous skill failures (supposedly) due to terrain obstacles / lag.
Last edited by FNX_Heroes on Sep 26, 2018, 6:59:44 AM
I'm missing some statistics of the actual reason for the league, namely the delve. A similar diagram showing how big amount of the active players who have reached a certain depth would've been cool. Perhaps it's more difficult to assemble though, I don't know.
"
gvieira wrote:
Please change Delve Encounters IV

1) Play the game normally
2) Collect stuff you find
3) Sell stuff to get chaos
4) Go to /trade 820 or /global 820
5) BUY the f***ing challenges as a service
6) Done

And keep your energy for so-called "challenges" consisting of brainless nolifer rotations grind (i.e. kill 51417594197541 the same bosses, complete 917594154791591 maps, etc...)
Would anyone care to explain to me how to read this plot ? Like, if 12 challenge is 28,5%, isn't the 1 challenge way over 100 % of people lol ?
would of been nice to see how many people got to depth 100 300 and 600, like the achievement, since Delving is the whole point of the league, but i guess most people stopped playing due to god awful azerite grind :(
Hi all, while I agree with most people in here stating that the statistics provided are not completely overwhelming (e.g. I would like to see the percentage of skill usage and combined some with the according delve's depth) and hard to read.

However, I've also seen some very confusing feedbacks regarding challenge completion.

"
Xagulz wrote:

Because there are at least 50 new games to play released every month and at least 1,000 others that are still worth playing. Some of us would like to play things other than path of exile for 3 months, take a 1 week break, and then play another 3 months on repeat. Because of this, some of us like to dump a few hundred hours into the first month to finish challenges and then take a break from poe to play other things.

The real question you should be asking is, why does GGG expect us to play their game more than 500 hours within a 3 month period, and how do they expect anybody with a full time job and possibly a life outside of the game to achieve this? This is more hours than most people play most games EVER.

A lot of people posting where already in the 30s, with some even at 38 or 39 ... this is like 3/4 weeks after launch ... implying a full time job and life outside the game ... I can hardly believe that their expectations are right or that their circumstances are as described. I've never been going full in on challenges, but I can understand people doing so. However, I'd always expect these challenges to be reached after 2-3 months of permanent gameplay (~3-4 hours every day) for a decent player or a copy-cat (less for the no-lifers) - reaching the top end after already ~3 weeks seems as if they are not too hard to achieve.

I personally enjoy the league a lot - delving even in lower levels just for some fossils and random currency.
"
FNX_Heroes wrote:
"
gvieira wrote:
Please change Delve Encounters IV

1) Play the game normally
2) Collect stuff you find
3) Sell stuff to get chaos
4) Go to /trade 820 or /global 820
5) BUY the f***ing challenges as a service
6) Done

And keep your energy for so-called "challenges" consisting of brainless nolifer rotations grind (i.e. kill 51417594197541 the same bosses, complete 917594154791591 maps, etc...)

My complain is about Delve Encounters IV specifically.

You can't buy that and it's gated behind a really huge RNG wall.

I'm fine with grinding, but not with that huge ammount of luck necessary in that specific challenge.
IGN: vieira
Due to player support in this forum & some requests. I decided to put my yesterdays’ reddit post here that is about exact same issues; which I got only ridiculed & denied my experiences by redditards.

"PATH of Exile: Delve fail. Not Fun for more than a few leagues. Here is why.Customer wishleblow.

Intro; Path of Exile - extremely disappointing gameplay quality is getting worse by the league. Spelling out the core issues of a current “Delve” league as an example to attract developers’ attention in making necessary changes before game loses its entire player base. Please, share.[Ref. player base playtime statistics by league from Harbinger to Delve].

Recurring problems are being ignored; forum posts deleted & all you make is cringe worthy bloopers in poor taste; welcome to GGG’s policy to make game “risk/ reward based”. Except, adding so many extra steps to even try & enjoy the content is completely overtaken by endless running around in the dark, then go back & run around some more for a chance to find something, while your special currency is running out. Wherein, I’ve been playing delve every day since its launch, got two characters to 90 & 93. Yet, have not found a single boss. Sad to say, you have learned nothing from previous mistakes.

As an example; brief summary of what delve is like; You NEED to find “azurite” to progress in delve, then you NEED to pay for “resistance to darkness” to make sure “darkness” doesn’t kill you; then you NEED to buy Flare because “darkness” is everywhere & will kill you anyway; then you NEED to buy dynamite in case you run into a wall; then you NEED to find a wall in the “darkness” because you can’t get to the content without it; of course you NEED a right to hold more of “flare” & “dynamite” because you know the dungeon is dark & infinite, but your limit is 3 of each; then you NEED to pay to buyback your flare/dynamite every time with a special currency; but wait there is more you can’t even find what you NEED on a chart, because it doesn’t show an exact location of a boss; so you NEED to run around the area in “darkness” in a circle using all of the mentioned above, while dodging monsters who can’t get killed while in “darkness” just for a chance to find something; also you NEED to keep an eye for really dangerous mods of monsters that drop nothing, but you can’t avoid it. Now, remember you are using a special currency which means that when you “run out” then you can’t progress further & NEED to farm maps. Finally, in case you die, you lose all of the above & NEED to pay again & try again. Just to make it even more complicated, you NEED two different type of currencies “sulphite” & “azurite”.
The reward [if you find any] has NEEDS too... you NEED to find correct ones; you NEED to combine them in the right order & a correct type to work; just to get a chance for a roll & it doesn’t even have a good chance.

Will only mention that “Delve” had to be patched a few times now; due to neglect in development of “walls” not exploding at first try; very low gain rates of “azunite & suphite” & unability to progress at certain points due to paths in the chart not connecting. Also, still needs to change rates again...

As you can see, the gameplay is completely unbalanced. Therefore, not fun & has a very low retention rate of players. Honestly, this is my last attempt before I go as well. Hence, I don’t see any improvement over more than few leagues now regarding these issues.

Recommendation/Solution; do not add extra layers of Needs in your content; more complicated you make, less enjoyable it is in general as it doesn’t match the core gameplay which should always be the priority."
Last edited by Niiyos on Sep 26, 2018, 8:12:39 AM
Also, just to clarify that post was made yesterday & stats got released today. Therefor, it was an estimation, but a correct one.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info