what is auction house? how does it work?

"
Ael00 wrote:
I do not understand how an AH would potentially ruin PoE.

It wouldn't, people are simply drawing erroneous conclusions based on Diablo's auction house, of course completely missing the point, likely on purpose, that Diablo 3 was designed ENTIRELY from the ground up having one in the game, PoE wouldn't.

Like what others have pointed out; PoE already have a sort of auction house - with bots handling the deals for you while you're asleep. PoE has unlimited and unrestricted trading already, adding convenience in an auction house would likely change nothing regarding the trade culture and probably do more good than bad as it would completely eradicate price fixing and scamming, which is the biggest problem with PoE trading today.
Going outside is highly overrated
-Anorak's Almanac. Chapter 17, Verse 32
"
dvasan wrote:
"
Gannicus2491 wrote:
it is like poe.trade but with a big difference, you don´t have to be online to sell items. You put items for sale on a list like now, but then the buyer could get it without calling you for can i please buy.... instead the item would be sold and you get the currency for it.
This will not make it to PoE as far they told what they think about it.
The game could be played also without trades at all.

sounds like a good idea... but why do few people hate it and dont want it?

because their great overlord chris wilson told em to hate it. it's that simple. once wilson is finally FIRED FOR INCOMPETENCE, the auction house will be the first thing added to game. and with the chinese taking over, there's a realistic possibility of that happening now ^^
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
"
it's that simple. once wilson is finally FIRED FOR INCOMPETENCE

Oh wow. The guy competed Blizzard and won, mr. Competent.

There's already too much trading in this game, try playing SSF and see if you can even sustain T10 without trade. No need to make it even worse by adding AH.
Last edited by LaiTash on Sep 25, 2018, 5:10:05 AM
Trade is totally unnecessary with way it rains drops since old days. Plus you got masters and better crafting (essence, fossils) to augment gear. Finally u can get almost any unique/thing you want through div card farming.

When you stop playing the practice leagues (trade) you wont want even trade let alone AH.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Sep 25, 2018, 5:36:47 AM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Trade is totally unnecessary with way it rains drops since old days. Plus you got masters and better crafting (essence, fossils) to augment gear. Finally u can get almost any unique/thing you want through div card farming.

When you stop playing the practice leagues (trade) you wont want even trade let alone AH.

im not support AH but tradining is essential to get the uniques you need and to earn money from other players for the uniques you sell
"
dvasan wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

im not support AH but tradining is essential to get the uniques you need and to earn money from other players for the uniques you sell

I've never had issue getting unique I need. Forexample this league needed inpulsa got one. Before that has ashrend which is second best BV chest.

Basically I find at least one of everything before league is done. Except mirror never found one but what I need one for? Cant trade with anyone anyway.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Sep 25, 2018, 5:57:15 AM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"
dvasan wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

I've never had issue getting unique I need. Forexample this league needed inpulsa got one. Before that has ashrend which is second best BV chest.

Well, good for you. Personally, I have never found a Taryn's Shiver, a needed item for a totem build, and boy have I tried. I have also never, ever found a single Jewel needed for my Flame Golem build, and for that I needed;

1 Primordial Might
1 Primordial Eminence
6 Primordial Harmony's
1 Anima Stone

I have 1500-2000 hours in this game, and I have not found a single one of those Jewels, let alone nine. When I tried out SSF, this was one build I DID NOT try out.
Going outside is highly overrated
-Anorak's Almanac. Chapter 17, Verse 32

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info