what is auction house? how does it work?

i know there are many threads asking for auction house but i want to know how auction system works im not asking for one
i have not played any other games with auction house anyone here have experience using one?

is it similar to poe.trade listing but a different chat channel?
Last bumped on Sep 25, 2018, 7:07:07 AM
it is like poe.trade but with a big difference, you don´t have to be online to sell items. You put items for sale on a list like now, but then the buyer could get it without calling you for can i please buy.... instead the item would be sold and you get the currency for it.
This will not make it to PoE as far they told what they think about it.
The game could be played also without trades at all.
"
Gannicus2491 wrote:
it is like poe.trade but with a big difference, you don´t have to be online to sell items. You put items for sale on a list like now, but then the buyer could get it without calling you for can i please buy.... instead the item would be sold and you get the currency for it.

sounds like a good idea... but why do few people hate it and dont want it?
"
dvasan wrote:

D3 had one and everything D3 had is automatically bad if you are still stuck in the 2012 mentality of POE being a super hardcore ARPG only played by a handful of people.
"You want it to be one way, but it's the other way"
"
dvasan wrote:
"
Gannicus2491 wrote:

Because the poe devs conditioned their most loyal followers to vilify AH with everything they got. Its like nowadays trying to say how bartering is so much better than using currency.
AH will harm GGG business in its current state.
"
dvasan wrote:
i know there are many threads asking for auction house but i want to know how auction system works im not asking for one
i have not played any other games with auction house anyone here have experience using one?

is it similar to poe.trade listing but a different chat channel?

omegalul, just check auction in diablo 3. auction in poe will rip the game
[Removed by Support]
[Removed by Support]
[Removed by Support]
[Removed by Support]
[Removed by Support]
In the trade manifesto GGG explained that they don't want trading to be too easy. If it was they'd have to balance the game around the fact that good or even excellent items are trivially easy to obtain from the auction house and droprates reduced accordingly.

Diablo 3 on release was actually balanced around that idea and was extremely frustrating to play without using the AH. Over the course of playing through all three difficulties I got a grand total of three legendaries, and all were useless for me. When Blizzard redesigned the entire economy to be based around finding items yourself, the game was improved significantly and is now actually enjoyable.

In real life an auction house is a place where auctions are held. Buyers make bids on items and the item is eventually sold to the highest bidder. Video game auction houses rarely have actual actions but are instead more like markets where items are sold at a fixed price.
If you were in a box, how would you think outside it?
Whats the difference between a duck?
You have to remember to chase and catch your dreams, because if you don't, your imagination will live in empty spaces, and that's nowhere land.
"
"
dvasan wrote:

D3 had one and everything D3 had is automatically bad if you are still stuck in the 2012 mentality of POE being a super hardcore ARPG only played by a handful of people.

By that logic, now that D3 has no AH, PoE should have no no AH, i.e. it should have an AH.

I think it's more about GGG not actively trying to ruin their game. Considering that the AH in D3 was so toxic they had to kill it for people to enjoy the game, I'd say that's a smart policy.
Save a Carrot, Eat a Rabbit!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info