what is auction house? how does it work?

"
databeaver wrote:
In the trade manifesto GGG explained that they don't want trading to be too easy.

"

D3 had one and everything D3 had is automatically bad if you are still stuck in the 2012 mentality of POE being a super hardcore ARPG only played by a handful of people.

ok thanks guys for clearing my doubt is it possible to make a safer auction house if you make some modifications like you have to be online only and adding a 24 hr time limit?
People are still to scared and have no balls to put a restricted AH in the game. Not gonna write the full list but will make u a summary.

-Trades, listings and item searches are limited by day.

-AH info is only available in-game and not in 3rd party websites/software.

-Introduce a currency type for example called exile's favour which is non tradable and u give it to X master which runs the action house and you get extra trades listings and searches for that day. Only way to find these is to play the game. There is also an amount cap on favour.

-Buying items is instant and you can buy items from offline/afk/dnd players. No need to leave your map or have people w8 5 minutes to finish uber lab. Also active search and requests to buy are disabled.

-Better trade filters for currency buyout amounts. Only be able to search for one thing at a time.

-Buying supporter packs/points increase favor caps permanently.

This would make any sort of currency flipping a lot more difficult, trade and snipping bots would have to run maps to get favor since they wouldn't be able to scan the whole item listings multiple times so fast and refresh it 10 times per seconds. Also their item sniping capacity would be very limited since if you don't spend money for better trade space you can't buy/search that many items so fast which makes botting the market extremely unefficient.

Just my 2c, i'm aware GGG won't do it. Just fun to imagine what trading in PoE could've been, should've been, never was and never will be.
"In this game you're just a cow being milked, not a human being entertained" - Kiss_Me_Quick
Last edited by IIPheXII on Sep 24, 2018, 9:15:07 AM
the problem is not to create an AH, it is more the bigger issue with droprates that would have need to be changed totally. At the moment with the trade function the game already gives you, you can trade, but you do not feel forced to do so.
If y new player starts his journey and with poe system, he will notice the good items for small level will at first drop when you are higher level than what the item needs. Like an item for level35 with good stats and really charming, but it is item level47 and will not drop at your level35 character on his levelling path to act10.
Now with an AH, you would look for those items as soon you hit level35. With such a boost at each slot, the game would be for a laugh. OP,OP

This would take any joy to find your items by yourself, because each other with AH use, would be much better than you.
Next problem then, the game is a lot RNG and to find right stats at an item is hard and needs buckets full luck. But with AH they would have to adjust the droprates, what again causes anger for those willing to play SSF. All modes have same Droprates and playing SSF is not with higher droprates than league or standard normal mode. Same for HC, again same.

If you want to trade to get your perfect stats at items, you should take some time and you will get your trades. So no AH needed and do not touch the droprates is fine.
AH killed the fun in D3 and account bound killed it again but that is another story of beating a dead horse.
"
IIPheXII wrote:
People are still to scared and have no balls to put a restricted AH in the game. Not gonna write the full list but will make u a summary....

Just my 2c, i'm aware GGG won't do it. Just fun to imagine what trading in PoE could've been, should've been, never was and never will be.

"
Gannicus2491 wrote:
the problem is not to create an AH, it is more the bigger issue with droprates that

and account bound killed it again but that is another story of beating a dead horse.

ok thanks for clearing my doubt i understand auction hosue is bad its fine we all can use poe.trade
"
Gannicus2491 wrote:

AH killed the fun in D3 and account bound killed it again but that is another story of beating a dead horse.

I'd say the account-bound thing killed it for certain players but not all. It's not a problem in a permanent environment where you can collect infinitely and improve your character over time. But with PoE's league system that would make the game unplayable for many of the less theory-driven players (or you'd have to increase the droprates dramatically). But then it would restore currency items to their crafting purpose, and the game would be vastly different. I would say more interesting, but that's just me.
Save a Carrot, Eat a Rabbit!
Oh god not the bound to account system
"
Gannicus2491 wrote:

If y new player starts his journey and with poe system, he will notice the good items for small level will at first drop when you are higher level than what the item needs. Like an item for level35 with good stats and really charming, but it is item level47 and will not drop at your level35 character on his levelling path to act10.
Now with an AH, you would look for those items as soon you hit level35. With such a boost at each slot, the game would be for a laugh. OP,OP

PoE is alredy like that. Only reason new players might not open poe.trade or the official site is because they are ignorant about it due to those not being explained at the beggining. If they knew that X item existed and that you can buy that right away at level 20 and make your leveling x50 times easier they would do it. The ones that don't wanna trade sooner or later will hit a wall and will change their mind, open the OP begginer youtube guides, spend the 1c they found, and roflstomp campaing until maps.

Another difference is that the AH makes the trade instant while the current system may require the fresh new player to whisper 20 people with troll listings for a 1 alch item until someone actually sells it. That system right there is not about drop rates or anything is about the system being garbage.

Not to add that you wouldn't need to leave your map whenever someone wants to buy something from you.
"In this game you're just a cow being milked, not a human being entertained" - Kiss_Me_Quick
Honest question because I just don't get it. How does AH make it easier to acquire items? For example, let's say a guy has a Headhunter listed for 60 ex. So you have to use an archaic system to open a browser window outside of the game client and spend a few minutes copy/pasting stuff and find a real seller who is not a scammer or manipulator or AFK and them go to their HO and trade the item. The whole thing may take you 5 or 10 or 15 minutes depending on luck. But obtaining the 60 ex needed to buy the item would take you much, MUCH longer than that. If an AH saves you those 10-15 minutes, how does that make it easier to buy the item.

See, this is where I think the devs are wrong. Some sort of AH system would not make it easier to obtain items, just more convenient. There is a big difference here. The time you spend "trading" is time you are not engaging in actual game content. It's frustrating and annoying, but it's not challenging in a sense that beating encounters in the game is challenging. Figuring out how to improve your build or defeat a map boss is challenging and what makes the game fun. Whispering dozens of AFK trolls and bots is not challenging and not fun, just annoying. Seriously, what am I missing here?
Easy is not necessarily always the antonym of difficult. It can also be a synonym of effortless.
It would also make price-fixing very easy for the big guilds with huge resources. This is already a problem, but the fact that it's not instant tempers it a bit.

On the other hand, it would prevent fake listings.

But I think the first point would outweigh the second.
Save a Carrot, Eat a Rabbit!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info