[3.10] OneShotKill Elemental Hit Ballista Hiero - 9.6 million DPS - EZ Boss Killer + budget friendly

OP -- well done!

I too see the massive damage with ranged totems this go round, many ways to play the Templar this season, but the damage your build realizes is very solid, again well done.

and your comment regarding those mana nodes, I agree they can be better spent. I will be doing a bit of a respec to my build, thanks.
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.

USMC - Vietnam 1967 - 1968 - 1969
Last edited by Ishkabibble on Sep 28, 2018, 11:57:59 PM
Does anyone have good crafting fossil combinations for the Rings and belt? I have everything for the build but wanted to try my luck at getting some good opals made before i swap over
I'd suggest to not to play it as a crit & accuracy build, instead go with Resolute Technique.

Simply because this build lacks the necessary amount of crit damage and you shock also without the laughable amount of crit this build has to offer, and your low accuracy makes you hit less often which is a serious issue in higher tier maps and the delve, i would even go further and say that the low accuracy and crit chance even nullifies the benefits of critting a target because you miss too often and it's even worse with evasive targets.

Other than that not the fastest clearspeed (i'd say somewhere in the happy medium) but heck it's IMHO in the top 5 of the most powerful DD builds i know of, it's extremely strong and even stronger in groups accompanied by an aura bot, the damage is totally galactic.
Last edited by KohlrabiKind on Sep 29, 2018, 12:10:25 PM
"
KohlrabiKind wrote:
I'd suggest to not play it as a crit & accuracy build, instead go with Resolute Technique.

Simply because this build lacks the necessary amount of crit damage and you shock also without the laughable amount of crit this build has offer, and your low accuracy makes you hit less often which is a serious issue in higher tier maps and the delve, i would even go further and say that the low accuracy and crit chance even nullifies the benefits of critting a target because you miss too often and it's even worse with evasive targets.

Other than that not the fastest clearspeed (i'd say somewhere in the happy medium) but heck it's IMHO in the top 5 of the most powerful DD builds i know of, it's extremely strong and even stronger in groups accompanied by an aura bot, the damage is totally galactic.

Thank you for your post.
Maximum damage-wise you don´t need to focus on crit chance with this build.
This build shocks emenies with nearly 100% on hit, due to the mechanic of the Yoke of Suffering" amulet and the skilltree. Shocked enemies take 50% increased damage. Just chesk stats in PoB.

So this is nearly a perma 50% damage boost (although with a low crit chance of around 20-30%). Every projectile of a single totem (3-6 projectiles - depends on gear setup) can apply with 20-30% on top a critical strike with a fairly enough crit multiplier of around 200-250% (depends on gear and skilltree). With great gear you´ll have a chance to hit of around 90%, in my eyes quite enough.

There is no issue at delve depth 350+ with this build -> quite kindergarden... I´ve played an ele wander (Queenliness Wanderfinder) and it isn´t in reach for any other build in case of speedfarming (due to the Queen of the forrest mechanic & AoE). But with nice flasks, phase run, movement speed on belt and boots, it feeld pretty fast. Through the piercing mechanic, everything is oneshot on a T15 map, the projectiles fly 3 screens long. you have always your flasks up at good densety. I guess no meele build can clear as fast (perhaps faster movement, but not oneshot 3 screens wide everything). On a map like Maze of the Minotaur (tube-like level design) you just start running and stand just to cast 1-3 totems and start running again... Overall I think this build is a very balanced combination of speed and capability to slay every boss in the game pretty easily...

Another character class than a hierophant will decrese the total damage output significantly, due to the two extra totems from the ascendency.
You loose 2 out of 5 totems (plain 40% damage output loss). No other class will compensate this loss with a higher crit chance.

Example calcutalion:
5 totems with 2 millions DPS per totem = 10 million output (hierophant)
another character class with 50% more damage per totem (unlikely) means 3 million DPS per totem but only 3 totems at a time = 9 million total output.

I doubt that any other class will carry more total damage output with ele hit totem, than a hierpophant. But perhaps I´ll learn something new too :-)

Cheers

"
JeffYetman wrote:
Does anyone have good crafting fossil combinations for the Rings and belt? I have everything for the build but wanted to try my luck at getting some good opals made before i swap over

You can craft opal rings and belt with:
1) Pristine
2) Prismatic
& probably (I personally wouldn´t do it bc it costs too much) use a Sanctified Fossil to get a higher roll.

My belt (gear section) for example is an outcome of this crafting method. (but I bought it). Be aware to use the right ilvl for crafting (belt min. ilvl 85 to be able to roll the T1 WED - ilvl 82+ for opal rings I think).

Cheers
About your Note concerning Ele Overload
you're right, totems don't proc ele Overload

but you can proc it with Orb of Storms or something like it, even if you use ancestral bond.

it still crits, it just does not deal dmg. and your totems will get the 40% more ele dmg from ele overload.
Hey I've put a decent amount of money into this so far and while it does do pretty nice damage, I'm only getting roughly 500k dps per totem. I have a few nodes left and some jewels aren't optimized but I can't imagine those will add nearly a million dps per totem so what am I missing here? Thanks.

PoB: https://pastebin.com/3WcpJiG0
Last edited by SoupJoond on Sep 29, 2018, 10:37:04 PM
"
Lunasicc187 wrote:
"
KohlrabiKind wrote:
I'd suggest to not play it as a crit & accuracy build, instead go with Resolute Technique.

Simply because this build lacks the necessary amount of crit damage and you shock also without the laughable amount of crit this build has offer, and your low accuracy makes you hit less often which is a serious issue in higher tier maps and the delve, i would even go further and say that the low accuracy and crit chance even nullifies the benefits of critting a target because you miss too often and it's even worse with evasive targets.

Thank you for your post.
Maximum damage-wise you don´t need to focus on crit chance with this build.
This build shocks emenies with nearly 100% on hit, due to the mechanic of the Yoke of Suffering" amulet and the skilltree. Shocked enemies take 50% increased damage. Just chesk stats in PoB.

So this is nearly a perma 50% damage boost (although with a low crit chance of around 20-30%). Every projectile of a single totem (3-6 projectiles - depends on gear setup) can apply with 20-30% on top a critical strike with a fairly enough crit multiplier of around 200-250% (depends on gear and skilltree). With great gear you´ll have a chance to hit of around 90%, in my eyes quite enough.

There is no issue at delve depth 350+ with this build -> quite kindergarden... I´ve played an ele wander (Queenliness Wanderfinder) and it isn´t in reach for any other build in case of speedfarming (due to the Queen of the forrest mechanic & AoE). But with nice flasks, phase run, movement speed on belt and boots, it feeld pretty fast. Through the piercing mechanic, everything is oneshot on a T15 map, the projectiles fly 3 screens long. you have always your flasks up at good densety. I guess no meele build can clear as fast (perhaps faster movement, but not oneshot 3 screens wide everything). On a map like Maze of the Minotaur (tube-like level design) you just start running and stand just to cast 1-3 totems and start running again... Overall I think this build is a very balanced combination of speed and capability to slay every boss in the game pretty easily...

Another character class than a hierophant will decrese the total damage output significantly, due to the two extra totems from the ascendency.
You loose 2 out of 5 totems (plain 40% damage output loss). No other class will compensate this loss with a higher crit chance.

Example calcutalion:
5 totems with 2 millions DPS per totem = 10 million output (hierophant)
another character class with 50% more damage per totem (unlikely) means 3 million DPS per totem but only 3 totems at a time = 9 million total output.

I doubt that any other class will carry more total damage output with ele hit totem, than a hierpophant. But perhaps I´ll learn something new too :-)

Cheers

As a note, PoB is using a very outdated version of shock, which automatically inflicts a 50% shock.

The Yoke + Combustion makes it a little more complicated than other builds, but you can calculate it as such:

Change config to shaper, take off ignite, etc. First attack averages 150k damage, ignites, shocks for ~+3.75% damage. Next hit, turn on ignite, turn on chill (to simulate shock), manually calculate: 261.7k * 1.0375 -> 271.5k -> ~6.7% shock, then just about 7%, and at that point, the shock grows so slowly you'll kill the target before they reach another 1% higher.

I used the average damage rather than the actual damage there, things get annoying with crit, but you get the idea. Actual shaper DPS is around 904k per totem, or about 4.5m, which is still quite a damn lot for sure.

Swapping a diamond flask in would help on crit.
Can u post some video about Uber Elder with this build?
I'm curious about this boss fight because totem dies too fast
"
SoupJoond wrote:
Hey I've put a decent amount of money into this so far and while it does do pretty nice damage, I'm only getting roughly 500k dps per totem. I have a few nodes left and some jewels aren't optimized but I can't imagine those will add nearly a million dps per totem so what am I missing here? Thanks.

PoB: https://pastebin.com/3WcpJiG0

Hello buddy,

I did a quick review on your gear and things that come in mind are:

1) Your helmet corruption (AoE gems) won´t effect the ele hit damage -> just add two level in PoB to your ele hit, then you see what the right helmet corruption will push.
2) You only stack very few elemental damage on rings and belt (I stack 242% on the three slots (WED + Ele damage + fire damage) -> you stack 113%
This makes a huge difference in damage output
3) try to stack more attack speed on jewels -> most beneficial for damage
4) Your chin sol has only 11% attack speed -> 14% to aim for
5) your tombfist is pretty much low roll -> use a divine orb to get with some RNG the max foll of 10% & 6%
6) an onslaught flask will greatly increase your damage (I think you don´t need the mana flask)
7) for farming purpose = use the haste & flammability aura -> check, if these auras are active in PoB
8) for comparing to my numbers, use my PoB settings (screenshots)
9) your skilltree locks fine

Hope you have fun pushing your gear further :-)

Cheers

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info