[3.10] OneShotKill Elemental Hit Ballista Hiero - 9.6 million DPS - EZ Boss Killer + budget friendly

"
lolshie wrote:
Thing i noticed in POB. Flammability gives more dps than mark? Vei, do you know if this is truth? Like 4% more or so?

Edit: Seems like POB Community Fork is not yet updated with the 3.12 Gems Info, I'll have to check again regarding this.

"
Hanzilol wrote:
I'm using this build after a failed attempt at ball lightning totems and a pricy respec. It's working out phenomenally this league.

Awesome to hear that the build is working out phenomenally for you! :)

"
Hanzilol wrote:
I have a question, though. Wouldn't replica quill rain be amazing for this build? It would free up a slot (GMP wouldn't be needed) and you'd lose the 30% damage global mod. The only question I have is about the local attack speed, which caps at 30% on the replica. This isn't an issue as long as it doesn't apply to your EH, but I was unsure. I think it only applies to self-cast attacks like your frenzy, which wouldn't feel as good, but should still be fine. Any input?

The attack speed of the bow does apply to Elemental Hit. Overall after doing tests on Replica Quill Rain, it seems like it will only be the 3rd/4th best bow for us. Note: Base on overall performance, not just Close Range(Which Chin Sol excels in)

"Second Best" bow for this build is a Storm Cloud with 50% Increased attack Speed, in fact it's actually at the same tier with Quill Rain in terms of DPS. Quill Rain just performs better Imo because of the higher attack speed which is good for triggering those on hit affixes on Abyssal Jewels, map clears, quickly getting the max 3 frenzy charges(And minimal interruption during Berserk activation), and also has more helpful stats compared to an almost nothing Storm Cloud.

Freeing up a slot(By not needing GMP) is nice but now that we have access to Anomalous Frenzy in Heist, which at 20% Quality, fires an additional projectile so I think it's good enough to remove our need for GMP.
My 3.15 take/update to Lunasicc187's OneShotKill Elemental Hit Hierophant Guide

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3005581
Last edited by Vei on Sep 22, 2020, 6:33:30 AM
"
Wolferlmm wrote:
Looking for something to craft while in standard. Just to get pass rain and im off again motorcycling away to the horizon.

Any idea for dps wise? This is only for bossing merely.

my gear atm

Any idea would be nice. Ty all and have a good one in league or std

Hi, Your Resist and Dex is just enough at the moment, your crafted equipment are also very nice.

That makes it very hard improve since there is little leeway possible for adjustment, which means, to improve further, changes needs to be applied to a few items at the same time, not sure if you are willing to do that kind of "revamp" and there's also the issue of availability of decent gear in standard. If you are willing, let me know and I can look more in depth into the possible changes.

On the other hand, one smaller change that gives very good DPS increase which you can consider implementing is getting the Chainbreaker Keystone, if you don't mind some adjustment to one or both your Rings

1. Look for a Lethal Pride(Akoya) Timeless Jewel to socket into the Jewel Socket to the left of Golem's Blood Notable.
2. Taking the "Iron Grip" Keystone which will be converted to Chainbreaker through Lethal Pride(Akoya).
3. Switching one of your Gem to Berserk.

And you will be able to start using Berserk which will serve you very well for bossing.

There is one problem with this implementation though, which is, you will probably encounter mana issues if you like to spam totems, to alleviate this issue, the best way is to craft "Non-Channelling Skills have (-9–-8) to Total Mana Cost" on one or both your rings.

Regards

Hey, just so folks are aware, the community fork of Path of Building still doesn't have full support of all the new 3.12 gems yet, including Sniper's Mark (and all other Marks). Setting the target as bosses / guardians will still reduce the effectiveness of the curse in PoB even though this does not occur in-game.

You can simulate how strong Sniper's Mark really is manually by adding "200% increased effect of your Curses", so long as Sniper's Mark is the only curse you have active at the time in PoB. You can double check under the Calcs tab that afterward the magnitude of Sniper's Mark matches what is listed on the gem's tooltip under the Skills tab.

I'd be pretty surprised if any Hex actually works out stronger than Sniper's Mark for projectile skills when dealing with any form of boss that has even 33% reduced hex effectiveness. Just as an example, I know that for Freezing Pulse totems, even a level 9 Sniper's Mark stomps a level 20 Frostbite handily.
"
Wallach wrote:
Hey, just so folks are aware, the community fork of Path of Building still doesn't have full support of all the new 3.12 gems yet, including Sniper's Mark (and all other Marks). Setting the target as bosses / guardians will still reduce the effectiveness of the curse in PoB even though this does not occur in-game.

You can simulate how strong Sniper's Mark really is manually by adding "200% increased effect of your Curses", so long as Sniper's Mark is the only curse you have active at the time in PoB. You can double check under the Calcs tab that afterward the magnitude of Sniper's Mark matches what is listed on the gem's tooltip under the Skills tab.

I'd be pretty surprised if any Hex actually works out stronger than Sniper's Mark for projectile skills when dealing with any form of boss that has even 33% reduced hex effectiveness. Just as an example, I know that for Freezing Pulse totems, even a level 9 Sniper's Mark stomps a level 20 Frostbite handily.

Hey Wallach,

I'll must say I was indeed quite surprised when I see that Flammability was providing more Damage than Sniper's Mark and thought I was wrong because of an error I did when I was trying to calculate things in advance. I did miss checking out the Calcs tab on the magnitude of the Curse.

Thanks so much for taking the time to post and highlight this!

Hello Vei,
I have 2 questions for you :

- can you explain why we take the chainbreaker node ? i don't see what rage do.

- ur not the author of this build, and u seems to tell that u wrote one, where is it ?

So far, this build is a pleasure, i just unlocked maps, and it's very pleasant :)
"
Vei wrote:
"
Wallach wrote:

Hey Wallach,

I'll must say I was indeed quite surprised when I see that Flammability was providing more Damage than Sniper's Mark and thought I was wrong because of an error I did when I was trying to calculate things in advance. I did miss checking out the Calcs tab on the magnitude of the Curse.

Thanks so much for taking the time to post and highlight this!

No problem, I noticed it when checking out the latest version of community fork. I should point out that manually adding the "200% increased effect of your Curses" will only properly simulate the effect when you have the target set to Shaper / Guardian / Sirus (the 66% curse resistance targets). You'd want to use "50% increased effect of your Curses" if you are simulating against Standard Boss targets.
"
tracker2013 wrote:
Hello Vei,
I have 2 questions for you :

- can you explain why we take the chainbreaker node ? i don't see what rage do.

Hi, sure thing.

So the Rage gained from having Chainbreaker is used for Berserk

which is a very powerful Gem as it provides multiplicative(thus very strong) bonuses to our:

- Attack Speed
- Movement Speed
- Damage with Attacks
- Less Damage Taken

when it's active. Really very very powerful.

"
tracker2013 wrote:
- ur not the author of this build, and u seems to tell that u wrote one, where is it ?

I think you might already seen the guide? Because what you are using is from that guide, like your Skill Tree, Marylene's Fallacy, Quill Rain.

So just typing this here to avoid confusion for those not familiar with this thread. I didn't create the build, Lunasicc187 was the one who created it. However he didn't really update it later on and I really love the build so I wrote my take/update on this build to keep the build going during 3.9 Metamorph. Along the way, I updated it more and more and it kind of turned into a guide of sort.

And here is the link to my guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2224772/page/173#p22791192

"
tracker2013 wrote:
So far, this build is a pleasure, i just unlocked maps, and it's very pleasant :)

That's Awesome!

"
Wallach wrote:

No problem, I noticed it when checking out the latest version of community fork. I should point out that manually adding the "200% increased effect of your Curses" will only properly simulate the effect when you have the target set to Shaper / Guardian / Sirus (the 66% curse resistance targets). You'd want to use "50% increased effect of your Curses" if you are simulating against Standard Boss targets.

Noted and thanks for the explanation. I'll try them out just to get an idea for now but definitely wait till the community fork of Path of Building have full support of the new 3.12 gems before confirming things.

Cheers

I need help with the Lethal Pride that I got. Can someone help which ones are worth getting (with number of points in mind) and which points should be sacrificed in order to get those? I know this is a lot to ask. Probably help how to simulate this in PoB so that I can do it myself.

I read from the guide that 10% intimidate is a must get mod. From the jewel I got, it's 4 points and the passives in between are not useless, so I think it's worth it? If yes, which ones to get rid off?

13421 is the number in the jewel in case anyone is wondering.

Thanks. Cheers!

"
_mrkvn wrote:
I need help with the Lethal Pride that I got. Can someone help which ones are worth getting (with number of points in mind) and which points should be sacrificed in order to get those? I know this is a lot to ask. Probably help how to simulate this in PoB so that I can do it myself.

I read from the guide that 10% intimidate is a must get mod. From the jewel I got, it's 4 points and the passives in between are not useless, so I think it's worth it? If yes, which ones to get rid off?

13421 is the number in the jewel in case anyone is wondering.

Thanks. Cheers!

Hi,

The Vigour Notable is the one that is worth going for in your picture.

As for Intimidate at Disciple of the Slaughter Notable, 4 points is a bit too much for it and those Passive there are not very strong. Ideally we will go for intimidate only if it's 2 points away(will highlight that in my guide)

The rest is not worth going for.

I took a look at your character, you are currently at 100% chance to hit so you can skip the Farsight Notable option highlighted in my guide for now.

Assuming going for DPS Passive, these would be my suggestions for your next few Passive Point when you level:

1. 2 points into Vigour Notable then
2. 3 points into Heartseeker Notable

Take the life Passive as and when you need it. Just for reference, when doing T15+ Content I recommend having around 5500 Life Point as a base comfortable amount for handling that content.

Regards

Last edited by Vei on Sep 23, 2020, 3:44:54 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info