HUGE sulphite nerf comfirmed.

Why don't they just implement Sulphite Rooms into the mine, like Sulphite Veins underground? The Sulphite in Maps or Quarry can stay (and can give more Sulphite), but while you delve you could mine little numbers of Sulphite to keep on going. Could be risky (paying 40 Sulphite to get to a sulphite room that only gives 30), could be rewarding sometimes. RNG at its best. And an incentive to stay down there longer without getting back to the surface. You could even lower the darkness resistance for a Delve every time someone mines a Vein. To keep everything a bit in check.
The Sirus fight is a disgrace.
"
ghamadvar wrote:
And an incentive to stay down there longer without getting back to the surface.
Good thoughts on sulphite but it will never happen because GGG want us to play outside.
Let's explore new playstyles - Play it your own way, not just like the others.
Quality management is one of the most underrated success factors in every business...
Its always surprising how people think GGG will completely forego their end game, like do you honestly expect to not play maps and still get high tier rewards?
"
Synopse wrote:
"
ghamadvar wrote:
Good thoughts on sulphite but it will never happen because GGG want us to play outside.

I have my doubts. I think that they want us to play, yeah. But Delve is a huge chance. It is just a skeleton of an idea atm. It could be a game of its own, adding so much more to the original game:

Imagine Delve Items that allow to enchant Maps. Like Alchs, but special: "Killing the boss gives you 500 Sulphites", "Killing the Boss in under 2 Minutes gives you Darkness Resistance +x for 20 Minutes (3 times stackable)".

Make Special Delve Maps drop for the Map Device. Not connected to the Atlas, more like Unique Maps that only drop in Delves and have fixed Affixes like "Drops 10 Currency" plus rng Affixes.

Or forgotten Relics in the dark like an Orb that transforms normal Story-Areas like my beloved Ledge into Lvl 75 Semi-Maps full of dangerous demons of the past (make it timetravel or some stuff). Once or even permanently (man, i want to farm ledge ;))

Make us find Altars underground like the sacrifice thing in Incursion, that lets us transform a unique into another one.

Or let us find One-Use-Items (like the ones in Lab, that kill Izaro-Adds at once, when in inventory) in Delve that give us +IQ or +IR in Maps, more Mob Density etc.

There could be so many crossroads between "Outside" an "Underground". Of course also vice versa.
Delve could be a huge incentive to go "outside" even more. Ouside could be a huge incentive to go "underground" even more. Or, at least, a new way to trade. The delvers need delvestuff, the outsiders need ousidestuff.

All that is needed is a little bit of creativity, i believe.
And a smooth and realistic accumulation of Sulphites, to stay at topic ;)
The Sirus fight is a disgrace.
This doesnt change anything for 98.7% of players that play solo.
thing is, i bet we still see people playing and farming quarry after this change, unless the amounts changed are quite drastic.

right now to play mid-high tier maps and fill up your sulphite you're looking at a couple of hours. couple of hours of maps which can be difficult and dangerous as well, meaning rerolling and such. you're spending quite a bit of currency over those hours just to get your sulphite. compare that to running quarry for 20-30 minutes. thats why everyone runs quarry currently

with the change, even if you can get the sulphite you want from high tier maps down to like one hour, or 45 minutes, people would still prefer to run quarry so that they can save the currency from rolling the maps, and even make currency by selling those maps (which they're getting from delve).

maybe the higher cap will make it so you need to farm quarry for 40 mins, but at that point it may just be on even ground with mapping. and we'll still see most people prefer quarry farming over mapping.

dunno. guess we'll see how the change works once it comes to the game
The sky is falling! The sky is falling!
Quick... everyone jump to conclusions BEFORE the patch ever comes out!
"
Aynix wrote:
This doesnt change anything for 98.7% of players that play solo.

----

Bingo. Except for the 20%ish from Quantity from the fix. GGG should have increased the lower maps a little bit more while they were at it. The folks who run Quarry (which includes me on occasion) will after this fix still feel that the Quarry spam is worthwhile if we are not doing red maps.

It was really a simple fix and GGG decided to reward red maps rather than deal with the real problem which is maps tier 1-10 drop significantly less sulfite than a Quarry spam.
"
ghamadvar wrote:
"
Synopse wrote:
"
ghamadvar wrote:

I have my doubts. I think that they want us to play, yeah. But Delve is a huge chance. It is just a skeleton of an idea atm. It could be a game of its own, adding so much more to the original game:

Imagine Delve Items that allow to enchant Maps. Like Alchs, but special: "Killing the boss gives you 500 Sulphites", "Killing the Boss in under 2 Minutes gives you Darkness Resistance +x for 20 Minutes (3 times stackable)".

Make Special Delve Maps drop for the Map Device. Not connected to the Atlas, more like Unique Maps that only drop in Delves and have fixed Affixes like "Drops 10 Currency" plus rng Affixes.

Or forgotten Relics in the dark like an Orb that transforms normal Story-Areas like my beloved Ledge into Lvl 75 Semi-Maps full of dangerous demons of the past (make it timetravel or some stuff). Once or even permanently (man, i want to farm ledge ;))

Make us find Altars underground like the sacrifice thing in Incursion, that lets us transform a unique into another one.

Or let us find One-Use-Items (like the ones in Lab, that kill Izaro-Adds at once, when in inventory) in Delve that give us +IQ or +IR in Maps, more Mob Density etc.

There could be so many crossroads between "Outside" an "Underground". Of course also vice versa.
Delve could be a huge incentive to go "outside" even more. Ouside could be a huge incentive to go "underground" even more. Or, at least, a new way to trade. The delvers need delvestuff, the outsiders need ousidestuff.

All that is needed is a little bit of creativity, i believe.
And a smooth and realistic accumulation of Sulphites, to stay at topic ;)
Excellent ideas. I wish GGG pick at least some of them to connect Delve with the remainder of the game.
Let's explore new playstyles - Play it your own way, not just like the others.
Quality management is one of the most underrated success factors in every business...
Last edited by Synopse on Sep 14, 2018, 12:18:12 PM
"
DasName wrote:
"

In order to correct this, we are going to rebalance both Sulphite gain from higher-tier maps, and Sulphite costs in the mine. Higher-tier maps will grant significantly more Sulphite, but their corresponding depths will cost more Sulphite than before.

So if your are not playing high tier maps, you have to pay MORE now to play the SAME content you played before.

In your face!

Except now Quantity on maps effects Sulphite gains AND party bonuses do too. Soooo you just crying wolf or what? I would try learning to read.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info