HUGE sulphite nerf comfirmed.

I don't get it, is everybody in this thread sarcastic or something?

You people would rather run 30 minutes of quarry instead of running high tier content?

I hope they nerf quarry sulphite drops.
Second-class poe gamer
"
pr13st wrote:

You people would rather run 30 minutes of quarry instead of running high tier content?

I think the issue is that people hate mapping, and were hoping that GGG would reduce the cost of sulphite. Instead, they increased the cost of sulphite, and nerf'd the most effective way of getting it.

Anyway, it's time to farm up all the quarry you can because you are only going to grind harder for 600 after this boys.
(⌐■_■)
"
RPGlitch wrote:
"
pr13st wrote:

I think the issue is that people hate mapping, and were hoping that GGG would reduce the cost of sulphite. Instead, they increased the cost of sulphite, and nerf'd the most effective way of getting it.

Anyway, it's time to farm up all the quarry you can because you are only going to grind harder for 600 after this boys.

my concern is more I am already grinding maps for sulphite and this change looks more like a nerf to quarry and a break-even on maps/delve ratio. Will need to check the numbers tho.
"
Nephalim wrote:
IF you are not playing high tier maps how are you doing similar tier delves?

Some casual players don t have the currency to roll shit around in order to get same tier high level map drops.

The thing with sulphite was to permit poor player to play high level content without trading crap or passing hours nolifing in order to create an autosufisant atlas.

Op might not complain if map drop of same tier was guarantee while killing a map boss, but the rng of map drop when running simple alched maps made grinding delve for high level casual way better.
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Sep 14, 2018, 4:15:55 AM
"
xMustard wrote:
it does sound like a nerf though, really.

it just sounds like the sulphite ratio and stuff will be the same, but now you're basically forced to do high level maps. if you aren't/weren't then now it just means you can't delve as long because the costs are higher.

You can still delve sideways for the same costs and same rewards.
"
Pajdovo wrote:
"
xMustard wrote:
it does sound like a nerf though, really.

it just sounds like the sulphite ratio and stuff will be the same, but now you're basically forced to do high level maps. if you aren't/weren't then now it just means you can't delve as long because the costs are higher.

You can still delve sideways for the same costs and same rewards.

But quantity raises deeper you go, and i havent found anything yet on delves 100-150 hours of playing.

I still love this game, but its not really rewarding for me currency wise, if i compare my last season characters progression in currency (btw was my very first season)
"
Christof wrote:

But quantity raises deeper you go, and i havent found anything yet on delves 100-150 hours of playing.

I still love this game, but its not really rewarding for me currency wise, if i compare my last season characters progression in currency (btw was my very first season)

Isn't it, kind of, expected, to actually make some effort when someone wants more loot?

Or people expect Dominus to puke Sulphite at theit feet when they stand around in their hideouts, selling Delve stuff?

I'm only a lvl 77, not even close to depth 100 (I think somewhere around 80-ish), and I still LOVE what I get when delving.
Vaaled maps are the main reason I play this game tbh. Such challenge, such loot, wow
"
pr13st wrote:

I don't run quarry, but I also don't have any high tier content to run ;) very long dry spell at the moment
If they increase the base amount of sulphite per map tier by a good amount AND then increase it further based on map modifiers your going to be more efficient in high end maps, like it should be?

If the base cost and base sulphite go up then this balance is the same as before. But we did not have a way to modify amounts of sulphite in maps, so people will actually be able to push sulphite nodes beyond that.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info