Shared Mines and Sulphite Rebalance

"
Chris wrote:

It's clear from feedback and retrospection that we were wrong with this decision, and that the ability to have multiple characters access the same Azurite Mine would be an overall improvement to Delve.

I think that we should have at least the opportunity to reset all Delve progress. An infinite dungeon is certainly good, but in practice it does not always work. Without convenient navigation, search and other QoL this is will be definitely not an improvement.

"
Chris wrote:

One of the goals we had when we were balancing Delve was that it shouldn't be more profitable to just run Act 9/10 areas over and over again to farm Sulphite, compared to playing in maps.

You don't make maps more profitable in that way. You just nerf Quarry, perhaps my conclusions are too hasty. But it seems that you do not catch the full essence of the problem - we want an exponential growth in benefits, with the growth of the content level. ATM Sulphite reward grow like with diminishing return, you want bring it to linear, we want exponential. Otherwise, this is only a negative change - we will play less and less Delve and more STD.

"
Chris wrote:

For example, the amount of Sulphite per deposit in The Quarry is 31, but in Tier 16 maps it's 241.

BTW did you know what going on with red-tier map drop? All red tier, not only 16? +/- full Atlas + use of new Zana's mods + (lab + vaal outpost + ...) This is still not enough for a stable sustain T12+. Ok we farm Sulphite in Quarry but how are we supposed to do challenges related to r-tier?

"
Chris wrote:

We will also cap the Sulphite costs per Delve past depth 1000

What? Today it capped at 270. Are you seriously?
IGN Odminko, Orlangoor.
Amazing changes, thanks Chris and GGG for listening <3
IGN : Drahmin (Legion SC League)
Timezone : GMT(+2:00) South African Standard Time
Legion Crafting Service thread : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2568765
Standard Crafting Thread (For Vouches) : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2207913/page/1
"
Heli0nix wrote:
Glad to see you are reacting really fast to feedback it's still really early in the league that's the perfect moment to do these changes :)

Thank you, looking forward to this patch !

when you rush release, obv there's gonna be fixes after release. and based on the crashiness alone (easily 150 crashes at this point and I don't even play that much) this must have been the rushiest release in the entire lifetime of the game
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
"
And that's how you keep your retention rate.

HAHAHAHA no that's not how you do that at all! I take that bet and predict the graph will show the same dropoff as there was with every other period of time from the start of a league to the start of the next.
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
So, I guess it is a quarry nerf then. Somehow I doubt that maps would allow to delve more.

Also, something is horribly wrong with map drops.
Organic chemistry is a weird thing. If you add a spoon of shit to a barrel of jam you'll get a barrel of shit.
Last edited by Oblitus on Sep 14, 2018, 4:25:37 AM
i wouldn't say good but needed changes.

but

from my point of view it's discouraging as i didn't push that hard at league start and now have a devastating disadvantage towards those who exploited the quarry spam method to fully upgrade their delve device.

will see how this turns out eventually.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Yep, i'm fully on board with these.
Suddenly creating new characters other than my league-starter is back on the menu.
Thanks.

"
Chris wrote:
We have been keeping a close eye on community feedback...

These look like good changes. Now then, what about the other issue the community has talked continuously about for a while: the option to turn off all the messages about players getting to new areas, that is outright ruining the game experience for quite a few of us?

Please introduce such an option, so those of us who don't want to read thousands of messages like this can turn it off, and those who want to keep tabs on things can do so.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
Turn off the motherfucking spam about that streamer reaching new lows!

Best post of the league.
Last edited by LMTR14 on Sep 14, 2018, 4:34:38 AM
"
LMTR14 wrote:
"
Heli0nix wrote:
Glad to see you are reacting really fast to feedback it's still really early in the league that's the perfect moment to do these changes :)

Thank you, looking forward to this patch !

when you rush release, obv there's gonna be fixes after release. and based on the crashiness alone (easily 150 crashes at this point and I don't even play that much) this must have been the rushiest release in the entire lifetime of the game

If you have 150 crashes then you should hire some one who actually knows what there doing to tell you why your setup is causing this cause i doubt its the game or everyone would be in the same boat!
#StandardLivesMatter

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info