[3.9] Cyclone Summoner - Heralds of Agony and Purity, Summon Holy Relic - League starter

Not had a huge amount of playtime but I'm having a blast playing this.
Only at lvl 75 but everything a breeze so far. Did an Atziri (Not a challenge now I know, but an ok benchmark) at level 65 to test it out and was a cakewalk.

It does feel odd using 4 ascendancy points on minions that aren't up that much, and seem to be only a small part of the dps. But I guess not much better options.
Agony crawler does seem a little overtuned, I was levelling in a +1 corrupt skin of the loyal with a lvl 3 empower which was a bit overkill, but it was ridiculous considering how little investment you need in terms of points, auras, buffs etc - compared to a normal summon anyway.

Current gear

Ring is just a placeholder I had in stash. Spent a load trying to craft a good minion speed ring (I was an idiot at first and was using deafening essences - can get the same rolls and more targetted crafting with fossils).

if you want a similar claw, just roll with pristine and bound fossils - there are only a few pristine mods a claw can get, and life gain on blinded enemies is one, and minion damage is common.
I might try and roll another with a t1 damage roll and/or better attack speed, but the blind on hit is harder to get with it, and it allows me to run culling strike in my cyclone setup for better herald of purity uptime.

if I can get some nice minion speed jewellery, I might ditch the haste+essence worm. getting the holy relics to keep up is my main issue for clear atm.
Would only need 'ok' rings to cover res and life needs then.

After that, there isn't really much you can do in the way of gearing - curse on hit gloves maybe (Though I've actually hit edict of reflection enchant on my gloves which is actualy useful).
+2 duration egms enchant on boots for herald of purity? But no idea how they scale with levels.

i've already bricked 1 5 off colour 6l calamity, not sure if I want to do many more of those!

"
Carlovski wrote:
It does feel odd using 4 ascendancy points on minions that aren't up that much, and seem to be only a small part of the dps. ...
Thanks for the informative post! I agree regarding the Sentinels or Purity being under-utilized. I run Culling Strike in my main Cyclone links to keep them going. Am considering making them a 5 or 6 link to see if they are strong enough to drop one of the other DPS pieces.

"
Carlovski wrote:
if you want a similar claw, just roll with pristine and bound fossils - there are only a few pristine mods a claw can get, and life gain on blinded enemies is one, and minion damage is common.
I might try and roll another with a t1 damage roll and/or better attack speed, but the blind on hit is harder to get with it, and it allows me to run culling strike in my cyclone setup for better herald of purity uptime.
Thanks for this crafting advice! Wish I had a claw like that.
Hi bros
How to craft that gloves (with faster atack and poison chance)? Fossil or just spam chaos? and its very expensive to craft , right?
thank you so much
"
BETTERPC wrote:
Hi bros
How to craft that gloves (with faster atack and poison chance)? Fossil or just spam chaos? and its very expensive to craft , right?
thank you so much

I chaos spammed, I may have been a bit unlucky as it took quite a lot - rolled over a dual lvl 20 one as no life. I should probably have just mastercrafted.
If you are happy with just the poison and faster attack rolls then it's probably cheaper to buy. If you want a decent life roll or anything else on them then they are expensive to buy, or you need some luck on spamming.

Pristine fossils might be an option, could hit % life then too. Corroded fossil means a better shot at poison but mean you can't hit a resist. If you don't need resists then a good option I think. Shuddering would be good too, but expensive.

If you have blind chance elsewhere (On weapon, on jewels) then you can drop one of the supported by mods, and just use the gem yourself (Get poison, then you can use a quality faster attacks in the links). Probably more/cheaper gloves available that way.
"
tainium wrote:
"
Carlovski wrote:
It does feel odd using 4 ascendancy points on minions that aren't up that much, and seem to be only a small part of the dps. ...
Thanks for the informative post! I agree regarding the Sentinels or Purity being under-utilized. I run Culling Strike in my main Cyclone links to keep them going. Am considering making them a 5 or 6 link to see if they are strong enough to drop one of the other DPS pieces.

"
Carlovski wrote:

Rolling with serrated + pristine + bound might help getting the ideal combination, but would get expensive.

"
Carlovski wrote:
"
tainium wrote:
"
Carlovski wrote:

"
Carlovski wrote:

Rolling with serrated + pristine + bound might help getting the ideal combination, but would get expensive.

Are these methods actively pushing for the mods that you want? Or are they blocking as many bad mods as possible to boost our odds of success? Which strategy could be the best for our claw?
"
tainium wrote:
"
Carlovski wrote:
Just tested with ONLY Sentinels of Purity in a 6L. No Relics or Crawler. The Sentinels behaved like Zombies with a Violent Dead Jewel. They killed the things that they hit, but were slow and stupid and didn't clear very well. So I guess this build is using them for their best purpose as additional damage on bosses.

So 4 Ascendency points buys us:
4 Zombies w/Violent Dead
20% Increased Minion Damage (+20% generic damage)
100% Increased Minion Accuracy
Minions Intimidate on Hit
3% regen Aura (pseudo)
Some other minor things

That's not a bad deal. It isn't a great deal, either. Would be better if they had better uptime and more aggressive clearing/single-target (either one).

The 6L test showed me that they aren't worth that much investment and are likely even ok to drop down to a 3L. They Hit more often than the Relic (while they're up) so they would be better suited for any additional on-hit effects (like Blind) than the Relics. Potentially could even get similar performance from Relic and Purity sharing a 4L with Minion Damage and Minion Speed if you wanted to free up another link setup.

Last edited by tainium on Oct 11, 2018, 12:45:58 PM
Hello I have used this build for about half a month, here is my advice maybe helpful :)
(I am Japanese and not quite good at English, sorry about that)

I choose to use Molten Strike instead of Cyclone for more hits. link is Molten Strike- life gain on hit - Greater Multiple Projectile Support- Lesser. Besides, I choose to use a unique claw: Advanced Fortress, which provide a lv12 fortify support and 44 life gained on hit. Claw is for shield charge- faster attack- Any Skills you like.

As a result, maps that cannot regenerate mana maybe difficult for my choice
(I don't know how to show my gear in the forum, sorry again)
Last edited by Amelia1812 on Oct 12, 2018, 4:54:55 PM
Is possible this build with CI/mana?
"
caioperego wrote:
Is possible this build with CI/mana?

Check out this build for Occultist. https://pastebin.com/cL3neQg9

You can start as CI then transition to LL for higher investment https://pastebin.com/yV5GuC44

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info