[3.9] Cyclone Summoner - Heralds of Agony and Purity, Summon Holy Relic - League starter

"
tainium wrote:
What are the Attacks Per Second sweet-spots to hit to ensure we're maximizing triggers for our Holy Relics?

Holy Relics have a a cooldown of 500ms (.5 seconds) and with Legacy this is increased to 600-625 depending on your roll (roll doesn't really matter). So to maximise damage triggers you're looking at 1.99 and 1.59 APS respectively.

As such, I made the decision simply max out attack speed for Virulence, Herald of Purity and Life Gain on Hit with the idea that attacking 6-7+ times per second will likely be sufficient to trigger Relics consistently (it is).
Last edited by systemplayerlost on Oct 6, 2018, 2:39:23 AM
Any advice for building this on a Necromancer? I hate the aesthetics of the Templar.
Spoiler
"
sViin wrote:
Hey its pretty cool to log in after a while and see people having success with this!

FYI I leveled this build in the first few days of delve hc and had no problems whatsoever.

From what I can remember the process went like this:

Level 1 - 36

-Dual wield smite with ancestral call.
-3l herald of purity (i did ruthless and minion damage)
-Make sure white double claws are highlighted in your filter.
-4link holy relic if you can, fewer links than that is still very useful though.
-Level up herald of agony in weapon swap (no point in using it yet)
-You can buy a stat conversion jewel to take care of dex requirements around now, this was the only thing I traded for until maps.

Level 36 - low maps

-Alt spam a double claw for 10% chance to poison, regal when you get one and then vagan craft attack speed.

This is what I used until yellow maps!

-Start using herald of agony and cyclone, at this point my links were:

Herald of purity: ruthless and minions damage.

Herald of Agony: pierce, minion damage and vicious projectiles. (pierce is the priority)

Cyclone: fortify, life gain on hit and poison.

Holy relic: I was short on links so I think I had it unlinked, but inc aoe and then damage stuff would be good.

-Just update life/res gear as you go.

Maps

-I got the holy relic helm first, just bought the map to complete the prophecy.
-Elder claw/6l gloves next.
-Then 5l coming calamity with sub optimal yet attainable colours.
-Then essence worm / started using hatred.
-Before I died I was working on a 6l 5offcolor calamity.

I got the colours using Vorici and about 1k jewelers, pretty sure thats worth it but im not 100% on that.

Good job on the guide!

I have been following sViin's quick guide here and managed to get to 67 with no issues. Just started mapping and other then fixing my res I can demolish white maps straight up without a "the coming calamity". Since then I have bought one and I am in the process of upgrading other gear and it is going well. Loving this build so far.
Sorry may I ask about the minion life support on head? I I think it's better to use raise zombie
"
Amelia1812 wrote:
Sorry may I ask about the minion life support on head? I I think it's better to use raise zombie

Sorry, I might not be understanding your question, but are you suggesting dropping Holy Relic for Raise Zombie? Or do you not think Minion Life is a good support gem for Holy Relics?

Holy Relics actually do really high average damage on just Summon Holy Relic-Controlled Destruction-Minion Damage. I started testing with Increased Area of Effect, but found the area without it to be very good. Testing also revealed that they would often die to large area damage, so we added in Minion Life and although they still die sometimes, it's much more manageable.
Engineering Eternity posted a Crawler build guide using Molten Strike and Gladiator.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGulOov2jMM

He has some interesting info in there that we can use.

Some notes on his work:
-EE+PhysToLight is great for Crawler damage. He also uses Hatred.
-Spirit Offering for more damage (and the extra Minion resistance could let us drop the Minion Life gem?)
-Curse used is Projectile Weakness
-He recommends %damage on jewels over flat damage
-Crawler damage is estimated as 60% Phys with 40% converted to Chaos

Last edited by tainium on Oct 8, 2018, 7:03:20 AM
Finally got an SSF Elder Claw. Suboptimal, but maybe I can make it work.

EDIT:
Eh. I suppose I could 4-link my Herald of Purity into this and use my boots for something else. The Blind mod doesn't seem to roll very frequently so I hesitate to keep spamming in SSF.
Last edited by tainium on Oct 8, 2018, 10:51:53 AM
Comment on the Herald of Purity. It only works when you kill with a cyclone. Therefore, I replaced Fortify with Culling Strike, in this case, 4 sentinels are always well and the culling on the bosses
"
Chuvakof wrote:
Comment on the Herald of Purity. It only works when you kill with a cyclone. Therefore, I replaced Fortify with Culling Strike, in this case, 4 sentinels are always well and the culling on the bosses
I do the same thing but Purity will also trigger (20%) when you hit Uniques (bosses).
thoughts on using thief's torment and wasps nest?

is hatred really that big of a damage boost, or is the minion movement speed on the ring worth it?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info