[3.9] Cyclone Summoner - Heralds of Agony and Purity, Summon Holy Relic - League starter

Can someone help me out I just transitioned to this build and I'm finding it very awkward to play. I keep going out of mana on my Cyclone even with the mana gain on hit from Gemini Claw. Its mostly fine but any time I stop hitting a mob for even a split second the Cyclone stops. So it doesn't feel very smooth at all. Does anyone else have this problem? Or is it my own fault for wanting to hold down my Cyclone button pretty much at all times? Thx.

Edit: I think I found my problem. I didn't grab those reduced mana cost nodes yet on the tree. I'll see if that helps in a few lvls once i grab em!
Last edited by LemmiwinksGerbil on Sep 26, 2018, 4:34:42 PM
@Microdia
Any reason you avoided brutality support?
All minions seem to do pure physical, and melee physical, controlled destruction, vile toxins... all worse then brutality.

(recreating a build like this on jigger right now, yes that's how much I despise being slowed. Losing intimidate and the purity buffs didn't seem to be that big of a deal)
Last edited by Nephalon on Sep 26, 2018, 5:43:36 PM
"
Nephalon wrote:
@Microdia
Any reason you avoided brutality support?
All minions seem to do pure physical, and melee physical, controlled destruction, vile toxins... all worse then brutality.

(recreating a build like this on jigger right now, yes that's how much I despise being slowed. Losing intimidate and the purity buffs didn't seem to be that big of a deal)

Well firstly the agony crawler does physical and chaos. The Vile toxins scales a more multiplier per poison on the target, and we always have max stacks up specially on single target. We are ignoring all the poison scaling on it completely, all that matters is the more multiplier per poison on the target. And the minion does no melee damage, only physical projectile and chaos projectile/area.

Secondly the purity minions could benefit from using brutality yes, however, I have an aurabot I run with a lot, and the nature of this build makes an aurabot literally quadruple our damage, and brutality would negate a lot of that from lack of elemental. So maim + melee phys is best. With no aurabot and using only haste I could see brutality being better.

Third, the relic I do run controlled destruction on it, again it's a physical spell, not melee.
"
"
jubsey wrote:
Guys

For jewels, is it better to get high +max life or stack each jewel with %max life?

I h ave 6.1k health and have my jewel slots with % max life

Thanks
J

I would start by crafting life on your gloves... For Jewels, I'd say you want 4x jewels with 5% chance to poison, so get as much %life as you can on those, then go for whatever you can get on the rest - as long as they're high values.

Looking for these now. Does Inc poison duration and Inc poison damage also affect the Crawler?

Also why only 4, is that a max required,20%?

Cheers
J
"
jubsey wrote:
"
"
jubsey wrote:
Guys

For jewels, is it better to get high +max life or stack each jewel with %max life?

I h ave 6.1k health and have my jewel slots with % max life

Thanks
J

I would start by crafting life on your gloves... For Jewels, I'd say you want 4x jewels with 5% chance to poison, so get as much %life as you can on those, then go for whatever you can get on the rest - as long as they're high values.

Looking for these now. Does Inc poison duration and Inc poison damage also affect the Crawler?

Also why only 4, is that a max required,20%?

Cheers
J

Poison Support - 60%
Herald of Agony - 20%
Jewels - 20%
for 100% chance to poison on hit.

No, I don't think the duration/damage is relevant for Crawler, but having the most consistent virulence generation is critical.
"
Microdia wrote:

Well firstly the agony crawler does physical and chaos. The Vile toxins scales a more multiplier per poison on the target, and we always have max stacks up specially on single target. We are ignoring all the poison scaling on it completely, all that matters is the more multiplier per poison on the target. And the minion does no melee damage, only physical projectile and chaos projectile/area.

Secondly the purity minions could benefit from using brutality yes, however, I have an aurabot I run with a lot, and the nature of this build makes an aurabot literally quadruple our damage, and brutality would negate a lot of that from lack of elemental. So maim + melee phys is best. With no aurabot and using only haste I could see brutality being better.

Third, the relic I do run controlled destruction on it, again it's a physical spell, not melee.

Makes a lot of sense, thanks. I didn't know the crawler did chaos damage too.
So for solo i'm good to use it on brutality on purity and relic.
Any advice on crafting the gloves and claw using Fossils? Perhaps jewels, too...but those seem fine with Alt+Regal.
Last edited by tainium on Sep 28, 2018, 11:04:19 AM
"
tainium wrote:
Any advice on crafting the gloves and claw using Fossils? Perhaps jewels, too...but those seem fine with Alt+Regal.

Claw I'd just Alt+Regal because you're just looking for 1 Affix. Gloves you can maybe Alt+Regal, but I think it's better to just Chaos craft them if in SSF.
Would Witchfire Brew be a good offensive flask for this build and also what about Atziri's Promise or not really because it doesn't affect the minions? Trying to find a few offensive flasks I can use for easier content.
Silver flask for onslaught. Maybe knockback if you happen to include bleed in your build.
vessel of vinktar to shock.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info