[3.8] The Kingsguard - LL Aurabot Dominating Blow Summoner Tank - Uber Elder and Atziri, Delve 600+

Can you change the guide a bit?
Add a secondary flask.. I mean is it REALLY worth 28exalts for a bloody 10% more damage buff.. plus some crit for minions
Mathils actual cat
"
HDTanel wrote:
Can you change the guide a bit?
Add a secondary flask.. I mean is it REALLY worth 28exalts for a bloody 10% more damage buff.. plus some crit for minions

Well if you want a cheaper alternative you can just go with a Sulphur Flask with mods of your choosing to achieve a similar effect; alternately you can carry a Writhing Jar around to pop some minions out of the flask leeches (if you can manage to hit them before your spectres do); if neither of those sound good to you hey you can't go wrong with another quicksilver flask.
Tempus Fugit
Hello,

could you explain to me why do you use "blood magic" in the hungry loop for the Raise Zombie spell ?

i don't understand the idea behind it, thanks.

-----------
3.8 update
"
Runtounette wrote:
Hello,

could you explain to me why do you use "blood magic" in the hungry loop for the Raise Zombie spell ?

i don't understand the idea behind it, thanks.

-----------
3.8 update

The hungry loop is used for the spectres, not zombies. it lets them cast their frenzy / power charge buffs more often due to it using their health thats regenerated instantly, versus their mana which runs out very quickly.
Tempus Fugit
I think I'm doing something wrong :O I still end up dying a lot in certain map mods + I just lost my geared (Garb of the Ephemeral) Guardian a while ago :S

Was wondering if I could ask for help on the matter :O

*Left my character sheets open to public*
"For we are not now that strength, which in old days moved Earth and Heaven. That which we are, we are; one equal strength of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will: to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." - Ulysses, Tennyson
"
Cowrex wrote:
I think I'm doing something wrong :O I still end up dying a lot in certain map mods + I just lost my geared (Garb of the Ephemeral) Guardian a while ago :S

That sucks to lose your AG with such good gear. I took my Necro to HOTG earlier in the league and mine died around halfway through. Outside of that though, I've never really noticed them taking much of a beating. Make sure you have some % life regen for it though.

Most of your gear seems better than mine and I can't say I've had any issues so far. Although compared to my Necro, I'm not expecting to take this character to Shaper/Uber Elder, but I'm still levelling, so maybe... Just necro feels kinda insane atm.

Only thing I do notice on your character is you have Purity in with Dominating blow in your six link. I believe this isn't something from the 3.8 guide, and was an older suggestion. I moved HoP to my boots and went for a full six link (although none of my gems are 20 yet and I was lazy so I just threw in a 20/20 maim that I had laying around). This shouldn't change much either way.

Maybe someone else can offer better advice, so far I've done a few t15 maps including a no regen and it feels kinda fine.
"
Cowrex wrote:

I took a quick glance over it and for the most part you seem as geared, technically even more than I am, and as of last night I've been able to get through uber elder with minimal issues. I've only once lost my AG though I didn't have a garb so I only lost my kingmaker; but he only died because i left myself dead on the floor and sat there talking in chat not noticing he was still taking damage (woops).

These are the suggestions I can think of, but please take them with a grain of salt as I'm not super experienced and this is my first league I've actually made it to the endgame:

- Take holy relic out of your gloves and put a meat shield support in there, the additional reduction for your AG may be the difference in keeping it alive and I find that keeping him closer to you helps make sure kingmaker buffs are always on you.

- Your Hungry Loop has culling strike, this is redundant with your AG having kingmaker; personally I went with blood magic, empower, maim, and meatshield again, basically serves the same purpose as minion life yet also like the AG, keeps them closer to ensure frenzy/power charge uptime. On that note, getting a level 21 spectre will be a small increase as well for low cost.

- Soul Taker isn't very relevant as a mainhand for this build anymore as you don't (or shouldn't) have 100% of your mana reserved; switching to a fossil crafted claw not only will get you more minion damage, you can swap to whirling blades to free up a socket in your weapon, as it doesn't need faster attacks support (even if you dont get the fossil crafted mod for it, ive found that my completely unsupported WB still goes as fast as I can click tbh) - personally I've used that extra slot to keep a Vaal skeleton around for boss burst or delve / blight afking, but I don't have clarity since I haven't found a watcher's eye yet; if you change your holy relic out with meatshield as advised above, this is where you'd move it to.

- Side note I am super jealous of the circle of guilt and prism guardian rolls you got, good stuff.

- This may just come down to personal preference, but for the chest I took out the brutality and replaced it with feeding frenzy, the extra aggressive AI feels really good. I haven't noticed a big difference in damage.

I hope some of this helps; I'm not super qualified to give advice since I still consider myself a noob, but this is what's been working for me. Good luck!
Tempus Fugit
"
Xanoth wrote:

That sucks to lose your AG with such good gear. I took my Necro to HOTG earlier in the league and mine died around halfway through. Outside of that though, I've never really noticed them taking much of a beating. Make sure you have some % life regen for it though.

Most of your gear seems better than mine and I can't say I've had any issues so far. Although compared to my Necro, I'm not expecting to take this character to Shaper/Uber Elder, but I'm still levelling, so maybe... Just necro feels kinda insane atm.

Only thing I do notice on your character is you have Purity in with Dominating blow in your six link. I believe this isn't something from the 3.8 guide, and was an older suggestion. I moved HoP to my boots and went for a full six link (although none of my gems are 20 yet and I was lazy so I just threw in a 20/20 maim that I had laying around). This shouldn't change much either way.

Maybe someone else can offer better advice, so far I've done a few t15 maps including a no regen and it feels kinda fine.

Thanks for the advice! I will try to move my gem layout to the build's intended! Maybe that will help!

Thank you!

"
Shiken wrote:

I took a quick glance over it and for the most part you seem as geared, technically even more than I am, and as of last night I've been able to get through uber elder with minimal issues. I've only once lost my AG though I didn't have a garb so I only lost my kingmaker; but he only died because i left myself dead on the floor and sat there talking in chat not noticing he was still taking damage (woops).

These are the suggestions I can think of, but please take them with a grain of salt as I'm not super experienced and this is my first league I've actually made it to the endgame:

- Take holy relic out of your gloves and put a meat shield support in there, the additional reduction for your AG may be the difference in keeping it alive and I find that keeping him closer to you helps make sure kingmaker buffs are always on you.

- Your Hungry Loop has culling strike, this is redundant with your AG having kingmaker; personally I went with blood magic, empower, maim, and meatshield again, basically serves the same purpose as minion life yet also like the AG, keeps them closer to ensure frenzy/power charge uptime. On that note, getting a level 21 spectre will be a small increase as well for low cost.

- Soul Taker isn't very relevant as a mainhand for this build anymore as you don't (or shouldn't) have 100% of your mana reserved; switching to a fossil crafted claw not only will get you more minion damage, you can swap to whirling blades to free up a socket in your weapon, as it doesn't need faster attacks support (even if you dont get the fossil crafted mod for it, ive found that my completely unsupported WB still goes as fast as I can click tbh) - personally I've used that extra slot to keep a Vaal skeleton around for boss burst or delve / blight afking, but I don't have clarity since I haven't found a watcher's eye yet; if you change your holy relic out with meatshield as advised above, this is where you'd move it to.

- Side note I am super jealous of the circle of guilt and prism guardian rolls you got, good stuff.

- This may just come down to personal preference, but for the chest I took out the brutality and replaced it with feeding frenzy, the extra aggressive AI feels really good. I haven't noticed a big difference in damage.

I hope some of this helps; I'm not super qualified to give advice since I still consider myself a noob, but this is what's been working for me. Good luck!

It's pretty funny you consider yourself a noob yet you are able to provide these amazing explanations and breakdowns! Seriously, that's awesome man!

Anyways:

+ Meat Shield sounds like a great idea to have on both my Specters and AG. I will seriously get them as soon as I get back from work!

+ I was wondering if I will have enough mana to activate my skills without Soul Taker but I realized my mana regen is high so I could give Gemini Claw a shot! Again, thanks for this advice~ I think the gemini claw will help out in minion damage + bonus stats~

+ I'll also try out feeding frenzy and see how it goes for me!

+ Regarding your side note, hehehe thanks. Got really lucky with Prism Guardian but I just bought the Ring from Trade~

All in all, thanks so much for your help! I'll let you know in this forum post if all goes well!
"For we are not now that strength, which in old days moved Earth and Heaven. That which we are, we are; one equal strength of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will: to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." - Ulysses, Tennyson
Last edited by Cowrex on Oct 15, 2019, 8:35:37 PM
the AG set up can be quite costly, is there anything we can use to replace AG?
Reporting in on my progress, after the first Uber Elder kill I finally earned enough currency to buy a watchers eye, and swapped in clarity to replace my Vaal Skeletons... I miss them so much lol but it's worth the nearly 1k more ES because I went back to Uber Elder for round 2, (I died 5 times on the first attempt and barely killed it on the last portal) and managed to kill it with 0 deaths this time; albeit with a couple close calls that that extra ES from watcher's eye definitely saved me on. In other news, I put a 6 socket Dancing Duo in my weapon swap initially just to level support gems and hold Desecrate, but to be perfectly honest even with no other tweaks to the build, Dancing Duo actually works pretty solid with all our auras and minion related passives so it's a fun little thing to swap to sometimes!

"
the AG set up can be quite costly, is there anything we can use to replace AG?

There are budget items listed in the AG segment of this guide, even using these items (all budget items are under 5c) the AG will still provide a good boost in power. the Kingmaker and chest upgrades from ambus are a luxury. To be perfectly honest even as far as I am, I'm still using an Ambus on mine.
Tempus Fugit
Last edited by Shiken on Oct 19, 2019, 1:38:39 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info