[3.6] Speedy Melee Herald of Agony Occultist | ALL MAPS | ALL MODS | SHAPER VIABLE | LEAGUE STARTER

i wonder if this would work with quill rain and coming calamity.
if someone tried to adapt it that way could you share your pob?
No rest for the wicked
Is Occultist better than Assassin for this build?
livejamie
"
livejamie wrote:
Is Occultist better than Assassin for this build?

I see no reason to use Assassin for this build. Nothing here involves crit and the build uses the RT keystone.

"
i wonder if this would work with quill rain and coming calamity.
if someone tried to adapt it that way could you share your pob?

You can use the same tree and equip quill rain and calamity. Your links would be different since you'd be using bow skills.

Herald of agony is very flexible and easy to build, don't be afraid to experiment with variations on it. Use what works for you and gives an enjoyable playstyle. The reason I went melee in delve is static strike allows me to poison while moving. If I were to run HoA again this league though I'd probably go GMP winter orb.
"

Herald of agony is very flexible and easy to build, don't be afraid to experiment with variations on it. Use what works for you and gives an enjoyable playstyle. The reason I went melee in delve is static strike allows me to poison while moving. If I were to run HoA again this league though I'd probably go GMP winter orb.

Now this is interesting. What would be the advantage of Winter Orb compared to Static Strike?!
What would you change to make it work beside the obvious (no Resolute Technique)??
Based on my understanding of the wording, winter orb will decay over 4 seconds at max stages, so you just have to re-up one stage with a very short cast time once every four seconds, with duration increases, you can easily extend this to 8 seconds. That’s a lot less stopping to refresh.

Additionally, it can take the place of both static strike and molten strike since it will also be excellent at maintaining virulence stacks. This frees up socket space for harder to acquire buffs such as spirit offering, reduces dependencies on elder gear, and makes the Kaom’s socket drawback less of a sacrifice. There’s also potential for some better or different pathing in the tree since we would no longer have to go near unwavering stance, though I think it’s still a good region to be in because of the amount of life that this build stacks.

The main drawback is the lack of easy LGoH.However, you’d be exchanging that for the ability to actually dodge attacks and there’s still ways to get life on hit with spells(ngmahu’s sign and razor of the seventh sun via ignites, vitality watcher’s eye).

It’s similar to the trade off of the quill rain version but if winter orb works the way I understand the wording, it’s way way better than the quill rain version.
What endgame bosses i can and can't clear with say 1 ex equipment?
"
Based on my understanding of the wording, winter orb will decay over 4 seconds at max stages, so you just have to re-up one stage with a very short cast time once every four seconds.

Sadly, I think, you are wrong. The gem description clearly says:
"
When you stop channeling, the stages decay over a duration.

But I want to test Winter Orb anyway.
"
Semarogin wrote:
"
Based on my understanding of the wording, winter orb will decay over 4 seconds at max stages, so you just have to re-up one stage with a very short cast time once every four seconds.

Sadly, I think, you are wrong. The gem description clearly says:
"
When you stop channeling, the stages decay over a duration.

But I want to test Winter Orb anyway.

Hmm yeah if that’s the full stack decaying over 4 seconds it’s going to be too much stopping to cast. I was hoping they’d decay one at a time but that’s probably too good to be true.
Any thoughts on using Ball Lightning instead of static strike?
Any significant buffs or nerfs in 3.5? How much of a problem is it that Wildfire is not limited to 1?
Last edited by enumag on Dec 6, 2018, 3:49:19 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info