[3.6] Speedy Melee Herald of Agony Occultist | ALL MAPS | ALL MODS | SHAPER VIABLE | LEAGUE STARTER

With molten strike you have to stop to attack a lot more. Static strike lets you keep poison stacks up while running. It’s also really good at maintaining fortify.
Last edited by DichotomousThree on Sep 9, 2018, 1:29:30 PM
Edited
Last edited by Bezrayer on Sep 9, 2018, 3:11:56 PM
I've updated the OP to include new PoBs.

I am now recommending shield charge for movement, it's EXTREMELY effective. Much more reliable than phase run and the wind down time gives your minion a chance to attack between charges.

I've also uploaded a forge of the phoenix run using shield charge and my new end game upgrades. Forge of the phoenix is by far the WORST guardian map for this build so I feel it really demonstrates how effective it can be against late game content once you scale up your gear.
Awesome build.
Last edited by Devilcorpsdoc on Sep 10, 2018, 5:13:30 AM
Great synergy and overall great build! I'll definitely try this out this league, and appreciate you taking the time to post a guide for it.

Some small feedback. There are a few minor things that I've changed on the tree for my personal use, but it might be useful for you or maybe others to accommodate a more flexible gearing (A full MF version of PoB for the tree : https://pastebin.com/jzPeKGNX)

I'm personally not a fan of Diamond Skin, Armour Mastery and Indomitable. They give very little gain outside of very specific goals from my perspective. Stacking 3-4k more armour at the cost of 7 points doesn't really do much outside of Minotaur and non-conduit/essence/idol Izaro farm, and you can always just swap to Brass Dome for frequent revisits on this type of content. In addition Sentinel node(s) gives roughly the same benefits with much more flexibility due to an additional jewel socket.

Regardless, it's just my opinion. Great job!
Last edited by ultimatecat on Sep 10, 2018, 9:27:11 AM
Since they fixed the curse limit, temp chains is back on the menu. I’ve updated the guide to include it.
Super smooth build man. I am having a good time racing through maps and Delving. Made a few very minor changes for more resistances and jewel slots, but otherwise as posted. I am using The Scourge and Lioneye's Remorse cause I got the former cheap and the latter self found. Not BiS but pretty great fun so far.

Thanks for the work and have fun in the league!
Ok I have reached level 48 and things are going well. One of the easiest and fastest builds that I have leveled. Once I reached level 16 I started to use 'Herald of Agony' along with 'Incinerate' paired with 'Lesser Poison'. After that things went very smooth and only got better at level 34 when I was able to equip a 'Mortem Morsu' and started to use 'Static Strike'.

It took me a bit to get the logistics down to using 'Shield Charge' along 'Static Strike' but one I got it worked out, things just died.

In filling out the tree I have concentrated on getting the initial path filled out plus taking all the minion nodes at the expense of skipping the life nodes. I know that this seems a little backward, but with fortify being up the majority of the time and things dying very quickly, I have just not had any problems. I am now starting to backfill the life nodes.

Here is the equipment that I currently have equipped:

A little feedback on what I have equipped and my skill tree would be appreciated. Also what flasks do you recommend?

Thanks again for a fun and entertaining build :)
Taking minion nodes and getting the path filled out first is exactly what I did. It works perfectly fine and you’ll still have large amounts of life compared to most other builds while leveling.

Regarding equipment, if you’ve got the +curse passives I’d recommend working in curse on hit items like asenath’s gentle touch and gluttony. Poacher’s mark in particular helps the minion a lot. You could also do curse on hit shield charge instead of fortify.

For flasks, I run two life flasks, a quicksilver, a basalt, and a jade. The last two are for tanking heavy phys bosses. The quicksilver is probably the most important.
"
Taking minion nodes and getting the path filled out first is exactly what I did. It works perfectly fine and you’ll still have large amounts of life compared to most other builds while leveling.

Regarding equipment, if you’ve got the +curse passives I’d recommend working in curse on hit items like asenath’s gentle touch and gluttony. Poacher’s mark in particular helps the minion a lot. You could also do curse on hit shield charge instead of fortify.

For flasks, I run two life flasks, a quicksilver, a basalt, and a jade. The last two are for tanking heavy phys bosses. The quicksilver is probably the most important.

Thanks for the quick feedback. I had taken the +curse passives and had earlier tried out gluttony. I did notice that things died faster but I was a little apprehensive about the lack of armor and the life hit when I did a shield charge even though I did not come close to dying. Once I get to a point where I can start sacrificing resistance on some equipment, I will switching in some curse on hit items (currently my Temporal Chains is triggered by a level 1 CWDT). I am thinking my next big expense will be a +1 minion helmet with built in Minion Damage.

Again thanks for the great build :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info