[3.4]CHIEFTAIN INSTANT LEECH TANK (UBER ELDER DOWN!) | 8k LIFE | 1.5M UNBUFFED SHAPER DPS

So at the beginning of delve league i decided that i didn't want to make another squishy 5k hp character that would get one-shot by everything. To achieve that i needed a high health pool ( I usually consider 7khp+ to be high ), a way to recover that hp quickly and as much dps as i could get while keeping those two objectives in mind.

Thats why i created an 8k hp 1.5M shaperDPS instant leech tank.

Keep in mind this is the melee hit tooltip, what we care about is the balls dps.

In this guide i will try to explain the gear, tree and mechanics that make this build one of the strongest I've played.

MECHANICS
Spoiler

As previously said, in order to achieve my goal i needed a high hp pool (so kaom's heart and roots come to mind). High life gear paired with 200% hp in the tree will provide us that.

A way to recover hp quickly comes from the Bloodseeker claws. They provide us with INSTANT LEECH , which paired with 100k+ dps per molten strike ball allows us to recover 3k+ HP INSTANTLY FOR EACH HITTING BALL, which means that as long as we are hitting an enemy and we dont get hit by an 8k+ damage hit we will be alive.

All this gear paired with the Chieftain ascendancy (that revolves around phys-to-fire conversion and scaling fire damage and penetration) and the very busted molten strike skill allows us to get 100k+ damage per molten strike ball without flasks against shaper, given that i dont have the helm enchant (+3 balls) nor the Dying sun flask (+2 balls) that accounts for 7 balls per attack, which is tripled by using ancestral call. this sums up to 2.1 single target dps, but as i dont like to bullshit with pob damage numbers and not all balls hit (approximately 47% of them do), i consider the single target damage without flasks to be 1.147 mil DPS against shaper without a helm enchant and no dying sun flask (around 2/3 balls hit the target if the hitbox is big enough. ) Just make sure to attack from a certain distance in order to proc the ancestral call support and triple the amount of balls being thrown.

GEAR
Spoiler

These weapons are mandatory in my opinion, they provide instant leech and allow us to tank many mechanics in the game, including shaper balls and beam. They also make us recover instantly from big hits, as every ball from molten strike that hits an enemy heals us instantly for 3k life (+/-). We dual wield these in order to get the attack bonus and because its the optimal way to scale our damage in the tree while keeping a big hp pool. The attack speed corruption makes the build feel better but its not necessary.

A must have in order to achieve 8k+ hp in the build. This item paired with an elder helmet allows us to have no sockets in the chest while keeping a 6l in the helmet. This can be replaced with a Loreweave to achieve more dps at the cost of less life, although you gain the max res which is nice. The best dps chest for this build is Ashrend though, which provides a 7th link to our molten strike.

An elder helm with conc effect and immolate supports. This is what allows us to wear a kaoms heart. If you want to go the loreweave route or wear another chest (which i did to level until i could afford the helm and the kaom) you can wear a random helmet that helps you fill resists or life.

An amulet that helps you fill resists, life and stats the build needs. You can also try to squeeze some damage in it or get an elder one that grants the Anger skill, it will help given that we are short in sockets.

A ring that provides res. life and stats. In this case I am using a corrupted one that grants me anger, given me more freedom when socketing other skills in my gear.

This ring is basically BIS for our build, it provides a high dps boost paired with a ton of resists. A very good item if you can get your hands on one, if you can't get one just get a rare ring with life, resists, stats and damage.

Two socketed tombfist gloves provide us with intimidation, maim, life and attack speed aswell as two abyssal sockets. BIS for both damage and survibabilty. You can use one abyssal socket ones until you can upgrade your gear, just make sure you socket a Murderous eye jewel in order to get the intimidation buff.

A stygian vise with life and resists, damage is optional and can be upgraded later.

Mandatory for bossing in the end-game, penetration echant is best for dps, but in this case i went for life corruption in order to get a bigger life pool.

Atziri's Promise and Wise Oak are the best for damage, make sure your fire resistance is your highest one. You can fill the rest of flask slots with whatever you want, keep in mind that Dying Sun is the best flask for dps and also provides some extra fire res (After 6 shaper kills i only got gloves and boots pepehands)

This is the weapon swap i use to run lab, just leap slam super speedy through traps, with this weapons you can kill the mobs perfectly.

You MUST equip the wildfire jewels, that is a no-brainer. In the tree we get access to two other jewel sockets, use rare ones with life and attack speed with claws, those two stats are the priorities, once you get that you can also look for increased damage/increased projectile damage/increased area damage/increased fire damage and maybe some resists or stats to fill gaps in your gearing. The Watcher's eye is not necessary but it boosts your dps significantly in the end-game, try to get a high roll phys added as fire with anger or fire pen with anger.

These are the abyssal jewels i have socketed in my gear. Priorities are Life, Fire damage to claw attacks, Fire damage to attacks, Physical damage to claw attacks, Physical damage to attacks and attack speed. You can also use these to fill stats/resistances.

GEMS
Spoiler

MAIN HAND WEAPON
Spoiler

This newly introduced herald provides us with better dps stats than herald of ash, although you can use herald of ash if you like it better.

Given that we dont use vaal pact and we get around 500-600 hp regen this buff is a no-brainer, a lot of attack speed and frenzy charge generation at the cost of a socket.

Having a totem up in the big fights is a huge help for this build. This one provides us with a ton of attack speed, and also thanks to our ascendancy it makes the enemies in range take MORE damage and deal LESS, thus providing us with both defensive and offensive buffs.

OFF-HAND WEAPON

Spoiler

As you can see we dont use faster attacks, you can actually swap blood magic for it but i feel that the whirling is fast enough without it and that blood magic makes it more comfortable as it doesn't drain your mana. Fortify is a great support and it is a good idea to keep this buff up in boss fights and mapping.

MOLTEN STRIKE LINKS
Spoiler

These are the links you would use IF YOU HAVE AN ELDER HELMET WITH IMMOLATE AND CONCENTRATED EFFECT SUPPORT. IF YOU DON'T USE A 6L CHEST WITH CONCENTRATED EFFECT SUPPORT AND IMMOLATE SUPPORT.

GLOVES
Spoiler

As we only have 2 sockets in our gloves you can socket whatever you want in them, i chose to go for a defensive CWDT setup.

TREE, BANDITS AND POB
Spoiler

PASSIVE TREE
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEDAAHcBLMFLQbDDjwTpRQgFHEUdRYLGJEY2xo4IWAirybzJy8oKjD4MgkyfjWSNe826DhTOlI62DrhOu09_ECgQzFGt0bXR35N41BHVylYY1ivWfNfP2BBY3BlTWZUZ4BoZWjybEZttG8nbztxhXIPcmxyqXTtdPF1y3asdud343fleA1673uzfNmBQYIHgpuE2YVShmCLT4zPjX6PYJBVlG-XeZpqm2qiAKTCplemo6gHqW6sqq2NsUK18re2uX68n702vqfAGsBmwYvGBMbYz37Tb9i92WHZfNq52sHkUeRV6hjqYu8O8B_yRfPd9kj3Mvjr_gr-jw==?accountName=EltipoKiller&characterName=WeaponizedPianata

BANDITS
Spoiler

Kill all, we need the two points in order to get the life and damage we want from the tree.

POB
Spoiler

My current character, 7 days in the delve league, as you can see this is my dps without flasks up, no bullshiting on pob.

This character has killed shaper on day 4 (with obviously worse gear than the current one i have) deathless, it has also just killed Uber Atziri (not deathless because I am a terrible mechanical player and its the first time i try this boss, the instant leech carried me hard) and has also farmed dozens of times the Uber labyrinth with 4 key runs trying to get the molten strike enchant. Uber izaro melts. I also have killed 2 Red tier Elders (those are a joke) and I am currently trying to spawn uber elder.
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/K1MftLQC

LEVELING
Spoiler
During leveling i recommend using rare gear, if you can't afford any unique weapons, i used rare scepters or maces with high ele dps or phys dps that i was dropping along the way, keep in mind that we take mainly strength from the tree so swords and claws can be rough to equip.

Molten strike basically carries itself during the leveling process. Brightbeak can be a nice option. Obviously tabula is best but at the beginning of the league i bought a 6l corrupted chest that gave me some life and res and helped with the gearing process. I have to mention that uber izaro can be done in a 5l without kaoms heart nor the taming or the watchers eye. I did it for the first time at lvl 80 with just the bloodseeker claws and a 5l.

Make sure that you equip the wildfire jewels as soon as you can, they are an incredible boost to both clear and single target damage.

When it comes to ascendancies we start with Ngamahu's flame advance, then Hinekora death's fury, then Arohongui Moon's pressence and finally Tawhoa forest's strength.

VIDEOS
Spoiler

Deathless shaper (tanking balls and beam)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgerzjtVBXw&feature=youtu.be

Uber elder kill (my first attempt ever, I don't have previous experience on this fight, the build carried me :D)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXjbBZ0va3k

Deathless minotaur
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1d7PTmgH7Y

Deathless chimera
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8_OXOkbW5M

Deathless hydra
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8azmBqyHL6k

Deathless phoenix
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=om33PgCYS5E

Uber lab carry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKxJ2_HCOXA

Last edited by EltipoKiller on Sep 8, 2018, 11:13:24 PM
Last bumped on Dec 11, 2018, 12:45:08 PM
Looks like a really nice build! Any potential videos coming soon? e.g. Shaper? Elder?
nice one.

why does none of your gems have quality?
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
vio wrote:
nice one.

why does none of your gems have quality?

Start of the league and didn't want to spend the currency on them, although now that you mention it it is an easy dps upgrade.
"
Wrinkly wrote:
Looks like a really nice build! Any potential videos coming soon? e.g. Shaper? Elder?

Right now i'm broke in the league, as soon as i get the currency to buy the sets and maps or they drop for me (sitting at 130/159 atlas completion) i will update the guide and try to post some videos.
Update:

Added deathless shaper kill video (got a dying sun in the previous run, didn't post that run because i got killed by dominus boss in a pretty unfair way...)
why no yoke of suffering? its better than taming.
Last edited by anicocia on Sep 8, 2018, 7:44:50 AM
"
anicocia wrote:
why no yoke of suffering? its better than taming.

"enemies take increased damage" is good up to a certain point, Covering enemies in ash, being near one of our totems and being intimidated are all increased damage taken modifiers, stacking more isn't worth it that much + a rare amulet provides us the res, stats (very important) and life we need, also getting elemental damage with attacks provides us a nice dps boost, not the same as yoke if we don't have t1 mods but pretty respectable. Of course you could slot in yoke of suffering, but have you seen the shaper kill? at this point i don't think the build needs more damage, I'd rather scale to 9k hp or get +max res to be tankier.
Can you give some information about the bandits and some levelling stuff(skill/weapon etc.) ?
"
lostkebab wrote:
Can you give some information about the bandits and some levelling stuff(skill/weapon etc.) ?

During leveling i recommend using rare gear, if you can't afford any unique weapons, i used rare scepters or maces with high ele dps or phys dps that i was dropping along the way, keep in mind that we take mainly strength from the tree so swords and claws can be rough to equip. Molten strike basically carries itself during the leveling process. Brightbeak can be a nice option. Obviously tabula is best but at the beginning of the league i bought a 6l corrupted chest that gave me some life and res and helped with the gearing process. I have to mention that uber izaro can be done in a 5l without kaoms heart nor the taming or the watchers eye. I did it for the first time at lvl 80 with just the bloodseeker claws and a 5l.

The Guide has been updated with the bandit info (kill all).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info