GhazzyTV - 20+ mil sDPS Dominating Blow & Herald of Purity [LOW & HIGH BUDGET VERSIONS]

So I made some changes to my build. I looked at the top player on SSF who is currently a lvl 99 using Dominating Blow for inspiration. Also got a six-link Armour drop last night! Still working on my gear.

Need to move gems around, i think i can afford to throw vaal summon skeletons and a minion damage support in the helm for the +2 benefit and move hatred/generosity to my offhand, made a mistake in that setup.

Anyways, these changes have made the character much more tanky for boss encounters especially. I respec'd my ascendancy to remove the notable which gives frenzy/endurance charges for the defensive mechanism of curse removal and HP regen. Added enduring cry as an active skill to generate endurance charges and i get frenzy charges from the carnage chieftan x2 spectres. So all i really lose is the ability to get power charges with more consistent charge generation and frenzy for the minions, which helps a lot.

Gear below

Spoiler
"
bluu_94 wrote:
I am definitely doing something wrong , not at all tanky and have only 5k DB dps. :(

Can someone please look into this ?
https://pastebin.com/qzXTiwTa
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/bluu_94/characters
Thanks

it's because you are using a brightbeak. you aren't going to be dealing much damage. you are only looking to clear trash to get your minions spawned who then deal the real damage.

i prefer to use a 1h dps axe because i end up doing 30k+ of dmg myself which is more than enough to clear trash. the minions end up being the boss killers. look at the top dominating blow builds on the ladders. the majority are using 1h dps axe over brightbeak. i think brightbeak isn't a particularly good choice for the build; you move fast enough during mapping due to dominated minion auras and frenzy charges.

you would also benefit from some jewels with minion damage % or minion attack speed % as they benefit both your minions and you. You can roll some ghastly eye jewels with alterations until you get those stats

you also didn't go for the Gravepact notable on the skill tree which would add additional damage for you and your minions. you should really go for that, check my skill tree or the original one to compare
Last edited by Slothrop1 on Sep 14, 2018, 8:53:08 PM
"
Using carnage chieftain (a2 old fields) myself for frenzy charges. Working great so far :)
i keep trying to use him but he dies in 1 hit. you know the best way to keep him alive?
Zerodyme_Witch (Best Summoner Ever)
"
Slothrop1 wrote:
"
bluu_94 wrote:
I am definitely doing something wrong , not at all tanky and have only 5k DB dps. :(

Can someone please look into this ?
https://pastebin.com/qzXTiwTa
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/bluu_94/characters
Thanks

it's because you are using a brightbeak. you aren't going to be dealing much damage. you are only looking to clear trash to get your minions spawned who then deal the real damage.

i prefer to use a 1h dps axe because i end up doing 30k+ of dmg myself which is more than enough to clear trash. the minions end up being the boss killers. look at the top dominating blow builds on the ladders. the majority are using 1h dps axe over brightbeak. i think brightbeak isn't a particularly good choice for the build; you move fast enough during mapping due to dominated minion auras and frenzy charges.

you would also benefit from some jewels with minion damage % or minion attack speed % as they benefit both your minions and you. You can roll some ghastly eye jewels with alterations until you get those stats

you also didn't go for the Gravepact notable on the skill tree which would add additional damage for you and your minions. you should really go for that, check my skill tree or the original one to compare

Thank you! I ll make the changes you recommended and i'll let you know :)
One more question, How often do you use desecrate? and is it in your other weapon slot? Thanks
"
"
Using carnage chieftain (a2 old fields) myself for frenzy charges. Working great so far :)
i keep trying to use him but he dies in 1 hit. you know the best way to keep him alive?

Are you using higher level desecrate?
"

"
Completed 12 ChallengesZerodymebaldwin wrote:
"

Posted by Completed 9 Challengesbluu_94
on Sep 14, 2018, 10:12:03 PM
Quote this Post Private Message

tbh i never use desecrate. i have it equiped but dont what its purpose really is ?
"
bluu_94 wrote:
"
"

NOW I KNOW WHAT IT DOES!!! thats very interesting! thank you! im dumb haha
Im loving this build right now! its fantastic! so far this is my gear and im doing pretty well! i dont play as much as i want to so ive been up to tier 9 maps!

Spoiler

and so far 2 jewals that both add 15% to minion damage and 6% to attack speed.

Heres my tree so far. i hope everything looks well
Last edited by Zerodymebaldwin on Sep 15, 2018, 1:11:20 AM
whats that rotating around the body? i dont seem to have that..

J
my dps is so bad. i must be doing something wrong..

here is build, any tips welcome

https://pastebin.com/ZG234K1N

Thanks

J

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info