GhazzyTV - 20+ mil sDPS Dominating Blow & Herald of Purity [LOW & HIGH BUDGET VERSIONS]

What shield should I shoot for? This is my first summon type character and I am very lost.
Hi, I'm Bamfmuehl, and I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing.
i'm tried this build, and couldn't bare ith the short range of Dominating Blow (playing hardcore may have been part of this).

I tweeked a bit the build to make it more suitable for my choices.
I went for zombies instead of the sentinels of dominating blows, and took The Baron because who need MTX when you have this awesome helmet.

So far so good, i just need to see if i can manage to go for 1k str...

Smite is really smooth as a primary skill, but i have some troubles with the different links. Tell me if you see something more suitable for me :

4L Helmet : Zoooombies , Minion damage, minion speed, Melee phys/maim
4L Gloves : Herald of purity, melee phys, melee splash (might change), minion damage
5L/6S Torso : Smite 5L (still testing things, really don't like multistrike in HC), 1s for an offering.
4L Boots : Vaal Warchief, Relique, Stone golem With Blind
3L shield : Leap slam, faster attack, fortify
3L weapon : low level CWDT, IC, Convocation.

I will need a shaper ring for curse, and maybe hatred /essence worm, 4L herald taking 72% of mana.

If someone more gifted than me want to play with PoB, he can contact me here or ingame and maybe we will make a different post.

anyway, thanks for this build wich gave me the base idea for this.

Oh, and btw, i have the same question as the mate before :
What shield should i use ? :D
So I am playing this build with some slight modifications. It definitely helps to check out the similar builds on poe.ninja to get an idea of what other people are doing.

I actually don't like using Smite in this build at all. It's too chaotic a play style for me to have a movement skill + two attack skills, and minions running around. It's an absolute madhouse.

I dropped smite and am using Zombies currently in a 4-link with the intention to switch that out to Vaal summon skeletons when i get the gem (playing SSF)

I also added Flesh offering as a self-cast (while keeping convocation on the CWDT setup). I am using Lightning golem instead of Stone golem, and shield charge with a shield instead of leap slam (i hate leap slam).

Also I like the idea of dealing damage, so do not put generosity on hatred, and drop minion damage on dominating blow for something that benefits me AND the minions (also use melee splash instead of ancestral call). I don't know why you would add minion damage on an attack skill that you can use to actually deal damage. It doesn't really fit in the hybrid play style of this build. Drop the stupid Brightbeak (speed is already insane when you get a haste aura from your Dominating Blow minions) and get a nice phys dps 1h axe.

Still playing with the build, but it looks like it is possible to adapt it to your playstyle. It's a fun build!
Last edited by Slothrop1 on Sep 6, 2018, 2:37:50 PM
your ascendancy herald of purpose is useless "you and nearby party members share charges" your minions are not considered party members. also your ancestral call does not work on dominating blow ( for minions ) you should slot in melee splash instead.
@crolas:

Do note that in the video I am going through that fact. I decided to take the node for the sake of Endurance charges to increase defences and also frenzy charges for the increased mobility. Not for the minions as they are not affected by it what so ever.

Regarding Melee Splash it is in the guide as well as in the Video that it is to make things smoother whilst lvling which I found to be much better than Melee Splash, however, you will be forced into melee splash to increase efficiency later on either way :) It's more about the fact that whilst you're lvling rares will die before you reach them which can be annoying. AC helps make the build smoother during the lvling process.
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
"
Ghazzy wrote:
Also a big note:

Due to the massive ammount of build guides I have on the forums which generates half a milion+ views/month and me not being a full-time streamer, it is impossible for me to keep up with responding to each and every question as I would love to do.

The result has been that I will focus on responding to any questions via the YouTube video and check on the threads every now & then, more specifically prior & during patch updates!

Hope you guys understand and will have fun using this build <3

Oh and, @Valmar:
If you feel that you can keep them alive & make room for the sockets, absolutely! It would rule out the use of Harmony of Purpose and you can utilize other ascendancy nodes for "Better" efficiency, or at least a different playstyle :)

Found a grammatical error sir. " as well as with a pack of pack of Zombies"
"
Ghazzy wrote:
@crolas:

Do note that in the video I am going through that fact. I decided to take the node for the sake of Endurance charges to increase defences and also frenzy charges for the increased mobility. Not for the minions as they are not affected by it what so ever.

Actually I noticed that there is an aura you get from a dominating blow minion that says "Charges are shared among allies" or something similar. I noticed that the minions start to have frenzy, power charges etc... Are we 100% positive that the node isn't adding these charges to the minions through that aura?
Last edited by Slothrop1 on Sep 7, 2018, 2:43:48 PM
"
Slothrop1 wrote:
"
Ghazzy wrote:
@crolas:

Actually I noticed that there is an aura you get from a dominating blow minion that says "Charges are shared among allies" or something similar. I noticed that the minions start to have frenzy, power charges etc... Are we 100% positive that the node isn't adding these charges to the minions through that aura?

If it says allies it works for everything. Totems, minions and players.
Yeah the rare aura that makes units share charges among allies makes the charges you have apply to your minions as they are considered "allies". However, I won't base the choices around the potential of having a certain rare mode dominated though :)
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
I'm confused just a bit. Brightbeak has very little damage, do your minions not get damage numbers from your weapon?. How do you dominating blow sentinels get their damage numbers? Do the minions you summon with Dominating Blow not take advantage of the support gems in the Dominating Blow gem? Is it only the attack portion of the skill that gets the support? If not, why isn't minion damage a good choice?

Also - how do you get enough mana regen to attack so fasT?

"There is friend who sticks closer than a brother"
-Samwise

IGN: Snowhammer
Last edited by Snowhammer on Sep 8, 2018, 5:28:50 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info