Crashes, Flares and Parties

I really hope they put turn signals on the Crawler, but they're disabled for people who are connecting from Boston.
Nice, I had the Delve map crash a couple times yesterday but no issues at all today. Glad to see it getting patched so fast.

Overall I like the mechanic and the lighting changes are pretty. I could care less about whether you need to throw the throwables or drop them, but I have had an issue with being in an active flare and still dying to darkness (maybe out of sync or something like that?), also not a huge fan of needing to buy them all the time... just having the limit per delve I'd think would be enough.
Increase the range at which fractured walls show up on the minimap. That system sucks balls pretty hard right now.
There are two types of POE players:
1) Those who want to walk uphill both ways barefoot on broken glass wearing a blindfold
2) F*cking noobs

I identify as transnational Chinese. May I have access to their QOL features, please?
Thank you, Sir.

I had a lot of fun in the last hours playing Delve. Looks very nice!!

Mines are shiny, beautiful, grinding is cool, etc.

However, few problems/feedback:

1) Where is the wall to be destroyd with the dynamites? I guess such wall should be atleast highlighted. I play HC, surrounded by lots of mobs and afraid of the darkness I barely had time to look for any wall to explode.

2) Flares just doesn't work. It's awful. it's bad. Worst than nets. Yeah, we really need a fix.
I throw like 50 flares and nothing happens, I can't see the flare, i can't see the light, the darkness keep going and I keep almost dying. What's happening?

Flares should be instantly - pop up - Good ammount of light to save us.
My end, it justifies my means,
All I ever do is delay,
My every attempt to evade,
The end of the road
And my end....
Last edited by imLuCaSsS on Sep 1, 2018, 6:27:19 PM
"
Could you guys look into putting an icon where walls are in the mine because the map doesn't really show it.

This +10000000
"
imLuCaSsS wrote:
Thank you, Sir.

I had a lot of fun in the last hours playing Delve. Looks very nice!!

Mines are shiny, beautiful, grinding is cool, etc.

However, few problems/feedback:

1) Where is the wall to be destroyd with the dynamites? I guess such wall should be atleast highlighted. I play HC, surrounded by lots of mobs and afraid of the darkness I barely had time to look for any wall to explode.

2) Flares just doesn't work. It's awful. it's bad. Worst than nets. Yeah, we really need a fix.
I throw like 50 flares and nothing happens, I can't see the flare, i can't see the light, the darkness keep going and I keep almost dying. What's happening?

Flares should be instantly - pop up - Good ammount of light to save us.

:) my exact experience xd
Thanks for those hotfixes!

About the flares - i'd like to describe my usual types of issues with them:
1. It is hard to predict where flares are going to be thrown. Usually i have to throw flares when i'm fighting with monsters in the darkness and in most cases they are thrown at random places - not near character and not near mouse cursor, sometimes half of screen away from me, sometimes far behind me. Usual outcome of such random flare location is death.
2. Delay between throwing flare and start of light around it is random and sometimes it takes up to 2 seconds. This makes behavior of flares even more unpredictable.
3. It is hard to detect flares on the ground during fight. Visual effects from player skills, monster skills and from environment are making almost impossible to detect that little light from flare. This almost always results in death.
4. Sometimes flames are thrown under the front wall which hides it visual effect (and location) until you come close to this wall.
5. Sometimes flares are not working when used. Amount of flares is decreased but no flares appears on ground.

My suggestions how to improve usability of flares:
1. Always throw flare at mouse cursor position.
2. Set constant delay between beginning of throw and start of light from flare on ground (regardless of how far away flare was thrown) and make this delay as low as possible (0.5 seconds).
3. Make visual effect of flare's light as much perceptible as possible (increase brightness, change color etc).

Thanks for your work!

PS: Delve league is amazing!
retired from forum because of censorship and discrimination
Even with the two patches since 3.4 - I still crash about every 10 ~ min. Its 100% always when zone transitioning.

The log files show no errors, the game pops up no errors. Its just straight crash to desktop.

Never had an issue before in my many years playing POE - something added in 3.4 is very volatile.
Only played a bit, but seems really fun. I think it would be better if flares just activated a temporary light source on your character. The fact that you'd have to save enough to get back would balance it being easier.

Also, how cool would some sort of angler fish monster in the mines be..
"
Feedback from the community today suggests that we need to investigate a better solution for flares and dynamite.

Thats freaking funnny really, "Feedback from the community today"?? I've seen at least a 'quadrillion' people upfront the league predicting it will be a pain in the ass. They are like nets in beastiary (which nodody liked too btw? times two.

Here is my idea for a better solution:
Remove flares and dynamites, problem solved.

Thank me later.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info