[3.7] A Little Outdated - Crit - CONSECRATED PATH - Chieftain - League Starter

"
slowcow wrote:
"
Hollyphantom wrote:
"
slowcow wrote:
Hmm, strange. My profile shouldn't be private. Perhaps it works now. I don't have armor equipped but I was using 6l belly, linked with CP, Ele Focus, Inc. Area Effect, Melee phys support, Ele damage, Fortify.

i see it now. You didnt take the mana/flask nodes. that node should be always taken for PF

btw, increasing mana is likely more effective than taking more than 1 mana leech node. just take 1 mana leech node and 1 life leech node. mana on rings/amulet help. int too. But I dont think u need it

also, change your boot enchant, and also dont take aspect of the panther. I guess you just have too much atk speed.

did u also get alira? 5 mana regen helps.

I actually had those mana/flask nodes for a long period of time but they didn't seem to make any difference. I also had much more mana on gear before but again, it was still unmanageable. So I figured perhaps leech would do better.

I do have a ton of attack speed, it goes through to roof in combat but I kind of enjoy it- my logic is that even though it drains my mana quicker, I should still be able to regen it via leech.

I have alira, yup. I am out of ideas right now... I don't really want to touch my gear since I am triple balanced with wise oak but I might need to look into new rings and amulet to fix this mana mess.

Hmm. The flask nodes help more than the leech nodes. just take them. "leech rate" helps but "% damage leeched" doesnt help at all. literally at all.

Theres still things u can try.

use enlighten on your mana reservation gems.

-15 mana 6 link chest (using the serrated fossil). Just buy a regular 6 link (doesnt even have to be elder but it can) and use serrated (pristine for life)

The biggest thing tho is to make sure youre hitting an enemy when attacking. if you miss, you dont leech, and u just lose mana. So this will take some skill and paying careful attention. Increasing accuracy rating helps too, to help not miss.

Other tips that might not be as effective as the ones above:

mana on hit or reduced mana used jewels

simply remove herald of ash/arctic armour

I was gonna suggest using ruthless cuz it has a low mana mutliplier, but fortify is even lower... hmm

Last edited by Hollyphantom on Oct 8, 2018, 12:04:26 PM
"
hungvippk wrote:
How should i improve my gear to defeat uber elder?

I can deal massive damage to them but they always 1 hit me even when i turn on shaphire flask :(

Thanks so much. Im having a great time with my very first poe character thanks to you :X

vendor lv 20 gems with gcpm to get 20% quality ones.

Uber elder takes skill and practice. More than just a build. Thats all i can say

You gear is good but theres 2 things youre doing that are kind of pointless:

1. you have CWDT-enfeeble and assassins mark on hit ring. one will just overwrite the other since u can only apply 1 curse. just use 1.

2. sapphire flask wont increase cold resist because you have a loreweave. Youre cold res will always stay at 80%. taste of hate is still useful for mitigating phys damage tho. plus dps. but if u want ele defense, use wise oak

BTW, insanely good job for your first character!!
Last edited by Hollyphantom on Oct 8, 2018, 12:10:54 PM
new sword i crafted. pretty happy with this haha
Last edited by Hollyphantom on Oct 8, 2018, 12:13:05 PM
Does "intimidate" modifier on stat stick global and work with my main attack or not?
"
polymortis wrote:
Does "intimidate" modifier on stat stick global and work with my main attack or not?

Im not sure but I think its global because conditional mods are usually global. plus, recent mods tend to say "xxxx if you hit with this weapon". but im still not sure.

i made a couple good intimidate claws
Hey, I love your build so far it's very good.

I need some help on what you think I should get next (or what am I doing wrong).

I have like 1.5 ex budget right now.
I switch to juggernault with brass dome and it's amazing for survivability and it doesnt feel like a big loss of damage. Should I switch combustion for physical to lightning? It seems to be an upgrade for dps on path of building and I don't have to care about reflect physical in map. What do you think?
"
Shilags wrote:
Hey, I love your build so far it's very good.

I need some help on what you think I should get next (or what am I doing wrong).

I have like 1.5 ex budget right now.

Nice. Umm.

1. Take the mana flask nodes, throw away your mana flask. Get a lions roar flask.

2. Get an instant unbleed life flask. Then quality all flasks.

3. Get a vaal warchief instead of ancestral protector. Get an arctic armour too. I'd also link leapslam to blood magic.

4. your CWDT is over-leveled (for my personal preference). consider lower its level to about 10.

5. Finish uber lab. Youll get 100% fire res when you do, so this wil be a good time to get rid of all your fire res gear, and get something more useful instead.

6. Get a 6link. I'd just get a 6link astral plate and craft using life fossils or essences. It's not that hard.

7. Decent sword but in endgame, you'd want something with crit chance on it. Also, your statstick is ok but it can be improved when you have all the other pieces of gear.

"
polymortis wrote:
I switch to juggernault with brass dome and it's amazing for survivability and it doesnt feel like a big loss of damage. Should I switch combustion for physical to lightning? It seems to be an upgrade for dps on path of building and I don't have to care about reflect physical in map. What do you think?

nice.

well, at least when I was playing around with jugg in POB, phys to lightning adds DPS but theres several other gems that add more DPS. So it's not worth it. Even taking the 40% cold conversion on the tree is questionable since there might be better nodes to take.

But these depend a lot on how good your stat stick is. if it adds 30% vs 80% phys as ele, it is likely a big difference on what support gems will benefit u most.

btw, Combustion is better to be linked on the totem. when you're using combustion, make sure you have "enemies are ignited" ticked.

My path of building seems so much lower than the link you've provided, as if now where near the same DPS am I missing something drastic? https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/briangolightly/characters

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info