[3.4] Summonating Blow, Unholy Fists of Dominance (WIP)

Why you put Consecrated path into Chaber Cairn? The Hammer gives +1 to melee and +2 to minion gems. You should put your Herald of Purity or Dominating Blow in it.
Thanks for the ideas, I wss about to play a simular thing and found your guide very inspiring.

Though I have a question about the weapon. Is the 2h truly worth it? It doesnt shine in dps numbers which may hinder you in late game and is also slower than one hands which could prove deadly later on.

I am currently wearing a 1h mace with 350 dps and a shield. The shield gives me additional def plus procs block way more often leading to a more reliable guardian ascendancy procs.

What are your thoughts on this? I think we ATM lack info on lvl of summoned minions and such right? That could affect viability of increasing gem lvl.
"
Why you put Consecrated path into Chaber Cairn? The Hammer gives +1 to melee and +2 to minion gems. You should put your Herald of Purity or Dominating Blow in it.

Sorry where did you see this in the build? Dom blow goes in a 6l setup on Chaber, where consecrated path could be anywhere, but in the guide its suggested place is a 4l boot with fortify support.
"
Thanks for the ideas, I wss about to play a simular thing and found your guide very inspiring.

Though I have a question about the weapon. Is the 2h truly worth it? It doesnt shine in dps numbers which may hinder you in late game and is also slower than one hands which could prove deadly later on.

I am currently wearing a 1h mace with 350 dps and a shield. The shield gives me additional def plus procs block way more often leading to a more reliable guardian ascendancy procs.

What are your thoughts on this? I think we ATM lack info on lvl of summoned minions and such right? That could affect viability of increasing gem lvl.

Definitely true! This build could go in a different direction fairly easily and I would definitely like to hear more from someone who has done the 1H setup. Could you post your gem setup if you get the time?

For me the idea behind Chaber with dom blow is the +3, life etc.. Additionally the focus was to strengthen my summons rather then my own melee dps. If we find that summons are not capable in higher difficulties then well definitely haft to do some tweaking. Keep us updated!
Last edited by Joomin on Sep 3, 2018, 10:24:34 AM
As far as i can tell boots can't have fortify support?
"

Similar to these
Has anyone see what the hell is Crusade Slam ?
I got it, I don't see differences... One time I saw a sentinel (purity or domination, I don't even know) do some moderate AOE (same size as holy relic AOE) and that's all.... Once in about 3 hours....

Plus, it says "Sentinels have Crusade Slam", not specified which sentinels. Do Domination Sentinels have it ? Or only Purity since many passives of guardian clearly specify Purity.

Thanks for your answers ^^
Add Geofries Cresst/Legacy to the unique section! pretty dope helm for the build
"
Joomin wrote:
"

Similar to these

ohhh, i thought it was a corruption. that explains it, thx
Well, my gear is, excepting two pieces, pretty crap as I am starting with maps really (and mostly busy so until weekend I cannot play much), but here it goes:

My crappy gear

I am using one hand and shield. My main motivation is additional defense from shield and proccing block more often which activates Guardian ascendancy. This also allows for Tempest Shield if you want to.

Alternatively, I was thinking about Necromantic Aegis, but haven't figured the right shield for that yet.

Note that Elder helmet allows me to 6-link zombies anyway and with even better one, you can 7-link them (+ to minion gems) but that's too pricy for now.

I am also using specters and will be adding Animate Guardian.
Specters are Carnage Chieftain, Act 2 Old Fields - those supply whole pack with frenzy charges, me included. Note the Blood Magic support, that makes them cast it often enough.
Note that effects of charges on monsters are way greater then on players.
EDIT: You can also pick one for frenzy charges and one specter for power charges (those should be the "host" chieftains in A7). Have yet to try how they keep the charges up then.

Animate Guardian will wear things like Dying Breath, Leer Cast, Ambu's Charge and Victario's Flight to boost the whole pack with damage and movement.

And one more thing I am planning to get is The Writhing Jar flask - this allows you to instantly spawn adds hence creating minions...theoretically :) Have to try out.

On a different note, I can see you suggested some other gems in the guide. Note that if you use Brutality, you cannot deal any elemental damage and nor can your minions from Dominating Blow - that makes your Hatred aura almost useless (zombies and minions from herald still benefit).

I was also looking at The Coming Calamity body armour. If I were to try some ES, this item probably allows for 6link herald of purity with the cost of 45%. But that's slightly different story :)
Last edited by Siliarus on Sep 4, 2018, 3:24:19 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info