[3.4] Summonating Blow, Unholy Fists of Dominance (WIP)

"
Soltes wrote:
"
Joomin wrote:

4) Having some troubles with life too sometimes. I think I'll see what amulet can be bought for this. Someone suggested Impresence as Amulet in page 9, I think it could be a great idea, Maddening Presence makes enemies slower and deal 10% less damage, it has nice max life, can remove the reserve mana of Vulnerability, gives dext, phys damage... Could give it a shot

A quick note about the Maddening Presence buff: It only seems to fire when you kill the rare/unique yourself, NOT when your Minions make the kill. A definite downside in a build like this one! It's still worth using for the free Vulnerability.
"
Soltes wrote:

2) For labs and trials, I keep leap slam in the inventory "just in case" and switch it with animated guardian, who dies really quickly on traps (rip all the items I bought for him....)

You un-summon your guardian before doing trials with it.
Just taking the Gem out will do the trick (or have it in weapon and swap weapons). When you want him back, you cast Animate Guardian on the ground (NOT on any item) and he will pop-up with all the gear he had before.
After playing the Chains of Command build, i never play again with Guardian without the enchant that make the items drop instead of destroying it, its sooo boring go to shop every piece of gear every time they die, and they will gonna die.
Noticed one other thing in your build and that is that you deem jewel slots optional.

I would like to bring attention to that as they are in my opinion one of the strongest boosts to damage and survivability. The trick here is that they double dip - you are going to be profiting from them as well!

Namely you should be looking at these affixes:
* of Authority - 15-20% inc. minion damage if you have used minion skill recently
-> Dominating Blow procs this, it has minion tag on it

* added max life, up to 50 life on a single jewel is a lot

* of Training - 4-6% inc minion attack/cast speed
-> another double dip

* of Rallying - even more attack speed (6-8%) but based on getting a kill
-> with Writhing Jar flask, this could be used even on bosses, but haven't tried yet

* of Acclimatisation - ele resist for minions
-> good if you are running zombies as that is one of few things which can actually harm them

I only have two basic ATM, both using the two most valuable ones - Authority and max life. Rolling these two is pretty easy now - use fossils and resonators to force more minion and life rolls on a gem and you are good to go in very few tries.

I will soon be looking into changing my tree somewhat so I can accommodate more jewels, they seem to be making a lot of difference there!
I'm really enjoying this as a Dancing Dervish/Duo build.

Character is progressing slowly but smoothly, my lack of a decent map pool is the biggest problem right now. Lucked into some more good currency this week and made a couple of minor changes.

Biggest change was swapping Hatred for Haste/Vaal Haste. I'll be honest, I did it because I like the Watcher's Eye jewels for Haste better than the ones for Hatred.

Jewels as they stand now:

Definitely room for improvement on the Ghastly Jewels, I want to invest in ones that have more Life. Currently at around 5300 Life or so.

I bought a Dance of Steel prophecy and an Arsenal map, which I ran as a white map so I didn't screw it up. Having two Dervishes flying around is fantastic.

The rest of my gear as of today:

Still need to 5/6 link the chest armor, and there's room to play around with a few of the gem links. Also still to come: Animated Guardian. Currently leveling up the gems in the weapon swap set.
Having a lot of fun with this build, currently on tier 7 maps, but I bought and ran a rare Arsenal map for Dancing Duo without any problems.

4.5k life and 35% PDR from Armour at the moment. To reduce my squishiness I was using Arctic Armour along with Fortify linked to Consecrated Path.

The map clear is pretty good, I just run through using Consecrated Path to teleport into packs and punch them with Dominating Blow until minions show up while chugging quicksilver flasks.

I'm going to try out the Watcher's Eye/Haste combo and see how that goes with replacing Arctic Armour.

My gear at present:

I also have a Violent Dead jewel socketed in my passive tree.
Looks fun! Thanks for sharing.

But what gems do we use?
The gems that are shown in your gear?

Cheers!

"
buttersnot wrote:
Looks fun! Thanks for sharing.

But what gems do we use?
The gems that are shown in your gear?

Cheers!

Depends what you actually want to play.

Before dominating blow, just go with Smite + ancestral call + added lightning + added cold or faster attacks. That will carry you through content easily.

While lvling (assuming level high enough for Dominating Blow skill), then you want to have Dom Blow + Melee Splash (or Ancestral call, but that doesn't work for minions) + Melee phys damage + Multistrike

Further on you can add Ruthless, Added fire damage, maim or some even go for damage on full life. Then there is also Faster attacks or pure minion damage if you are just boosting minions as it won't give damage to you.

The actual setup depends on whether you want to do damage yourself or just boost your minions while staying in melee (note that you needn't kill mobs to spawn minions from Dominating Blow).
When you make that decision, move on to how you want to deal damage? Physical, elemental, mixture of both? Playing with friends? With aurabots?
Thank you! I appreciate the detailed response.

I really wanted to make this a hybrid of flashy mellee with strong minions doing the work. This build also focuses on zombies/skeletons, animated guardian and spectres. what gems are recommended for them? how do i link them?

Cheers!

I'm new to summoning as i've done only flicker strike builds and cyclone.

Last edited by buttersnot on Sep 13, 2018, 10:06:30 AM
Loving the build \o/
Did some corrupted T14-15, and its so easy, the build is so tanky, I think its my strong build so far in PoE, I don't know how someone think its squishy.

I have 6,5K life, more than 1,3k life regen second, minions taunting and blinding everything, fortify... and the bosses die so fast, also in red tier maps, make the build extremely strong.

The Watchery Eye that make you immune to Temporal Chains with Haste is very good to not need to reroll maps with temporal chain, but normally i prefer to use a abyss jewel.

I am using the variant with pure DB, with a golem for life regen, herald of purity and AG just to give 10% move speed with victario flight.
Aside from the Chaber and the Watchery, the rest is gear I droped playing, because this its so bad itens lol.

Last edited by vempire_ghost on Sep 13, 2018, 1:26:55 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info