3.6 Synthesis Arc/Freezing Pulse Totems, easy Shaperkills with less than 1-2 Ex investment!

"
Aratus wrote:
Begginer here Can anyone help me out My damage is a bit low about 19k in hideout I dont think my gear is that bad:( something is wrong and its driving my crazy ><.

Thanks !

Suggestions:
1. Leave CWDT at level 1 and the supports below the threshold on gem so it procs more often. Lowers STR requirement so you can take back some of the 30 STR attribute gear.
2. Whenever you replace armor, get one with lower DEX requirement and get a lower golem. Then you won't need as much DEX on gear.
3. Getting 6-socket will add a bunch, eventually when you can afford it.
4. I assume amulet is for the DEX requirement. Lots of upgrade capability once you swap armor/golem.
5. Missing 5 points in passive quests? Remove 2 points for Redemption and 1 for Lord of the Dead. 8 points will be enough to get Crackling Speed plus the 30 dex node until you change armor.
6. Too many life flasks. Quicksilver, Diamond, Silver, and 1 HP/MP is a good starting point. If you put Bleed, Freeze, and Curse removal on the 3 buffs, you have constant uptime of Immunity.
7. Jewels need upgrades. 2 points for 5% HP and dex and 2 points for 1 dmg and 1 resist is not great. If you can't afford cheap life and dmg abyss jewels, put the points towards following skill tree to the right until you can afford better jewels.
8. Abyss belt has a good damage, but missing 50-100 HP which is ~100-200 HP on stats. Jewel is very bad. Get a life jewel with 1-2 dmg mods is relatively cheap until you start fine tuning.

Leveling up your skills and character will help out a good bit. Your damage seems fine for now and should get closer to 25k with some of these changes. Probably closer to 30-35k around 85. On the right track for now. With using Elemental Focus, try to speed farms maps where you 1-shot mobs. As your damage increases, gradually increase the maps too.
"
Aratus wrote:
Begginer here Can anyone help me out My damage is a bit low about 19k in hideout I dont think my gear is that bad:( something is wrong and its driving my crazy ><.

Thanks !

Your gems aren't leveled and you're only using a 5 link setup. Personally, I probably would have gone over into the shadow area and saved the minion nodes for last.
What's everyone's take on the 22 wrath amulet? I leave it off for clearing then click it on for bosses.
I was wondering if I should aim for shadow area with a HC char (I have spend some point for Constitution, maybe I should go on Arcane Potency soo i can grab more life node on the road (Purity of Flesh)

What do you think ?

edit : good catch black :P

Last edited by JeagerX on Sep 11, 2018, 7:21:50 PM
"
bongburglar wrote:
What's everyone's take on the 22 wrath amulet? I leave it off for clearing then click it on for bosses.

It is good for starting, but not for mid-game and higher unless it is well rolled. A 21 Wrath becomes 23 with Essence and then the combo with Clear Mind. Towards late game, you should be able to get jewels close enough to Clear Mind to use Clarity for regen. Plus you're giving up 40% mana, which is like giving away 1k HP. Fine for early mapping, but that HP is huge for later bosses.

"
JeagerX wrote:
I was wondering if I should aim for shadow area with a HC char (I have spend some point for Constitution, maybe I should go on Arcane Potency soo i can grab more life node on the road (Purity of Flesh)

What do you think ?

Can't comment on prices in HC. You may have to adjust accordingly.

For you, I would maybe consider skipping everything to the right of Heart & Soul, etc. Get all of those 2-point jewels and points around constitution to stack HP and HP %. Your HP % will be high, so look at abyss jewels primarily to balance it (and probably significantly cheaper). If you are at 4k now, you should be able to reach 5-6k without Kaom's, maybe even 7k with it and a shaped 1h that gives extra supports.

5 points, 4 for HP wheel brings you to 83. From there you can get some dmg/placement with the totem wheels. Or go up to Shaper for life/mana regen.

Double Quicksilver is so-so, I'd use Diamond instead or defensive flask. Also, no bleed removal.

We already discussed shield and 4L helm. Maybe consider 2nd CWDT for survival (offset level) in gloves or craft some . Maybe Enfeeble level 5 in boots. Essence Worm + Wrath as future upgrade (only 25c). Clarity, no Herald, until then.
"
blackdeath101 wrote:
"
asbo96 wrote:
I'm having a lot of fun with the build at the moment but i feel like ive hit a wall and really want to start upgrading some gear. I have a general idea of what to go for but i was hoping someone could take a look at my character and make some suggestions. Ive got roughly 3 ex to upgrade my gear.

Suggestions:
1. Both wands can be upgraded a ton with little cost.
http://poe.trade/search/ubanoyeyorenau
2. Bone helmet, 35-40% damage with HP/resists.
3. If you don't level Lightning Golem as much (or grab a new one), you won't need as much dex. Then you can look into a higher HP/resist ring and maybe some spell dmg or cast speed.
4. I'm no longer a fan of Mary's. HP + dmg mods rare necklace. I paid a good bit for mine, but even HP + 2-3 dmg mods should come out more consistent dmg for clearing.
5. Boots are bad. Ideally you want boots with +totem damage, HP, movement speed, and resists. If you can't afford that, just leave off the totem dmg for now and it should add quite a bit of resists.
6. Abyss belt. Lose a bit of resists for low cost, but can get a jewel with HP/dmg/resists to make up for it.
7. 6L armor. Can get around 30-50 chaos for a decent one with high HP, some resists, and some INT to increase chance of rolling 5B1R.
8. Add a level 5 Enfeeble to CWDT. Can help survivability a bit.
9. Flasks. Quicksilver is good, Quartz is debatable, rest are bad. Low recovery HP/MP (makes no regen maps a bigger pain), should only need 1 HP flask, and you'll want Diamond flask for Lucky crits. I would take Silver or Wise Oak over Quartz once you are more comfortable with build to help clear speed.
10. Passives, you're missing a passive I think? I've got 1 more point than you currently. I would change Throatseeker for Celestial Judgment, but that is a.. wait for it.. judgment call you'll have to make. Then you can route across from Deep Wisdom and find some points to swap for the two 2-points jewels.

Thanks for the advice bro! I see youve been helping a lot of the people on here. Really appreciate you taking time out to help us all.

So... ive taken a few of your suggestions and applied them to my build. Please take another look when you can and suggest some min maxing for the future if you have the time.

EDIT - I just forgot, THANK YOU for letting me know about the passive point. I never would of bothered looking if it werent for you. Really helped with the re-pathing i did.

EDIT 2 - Got the 6l and the belt, pretty much done with the big upgrades for now just looking to get my flasks sorted.
Last edited by asbo96 on Sep 11, 2018, 9:55:11 PM
Two things:

1) Question - I managed to pick up this wand today, I imagine the raw elemental damage increase is comparable to spell damage, correct?

2) Thoughts on the "Crown of the Tyrant Magistrate Crown" unique in Delve?
I feel like this: "You and Nearby Allies have 16 to 144 added Lightning Damage per Blue Socket" would be a decent boost to our damage over the Bone Helmet.
Nostrademous
"
Nostrademous wrote:
Two things:

1) Question - I managed to pick up this wand today, I imagine the raw elemental damage increase is comparable to spell damage, correct?

2) Thoughts on the "Crown of the Tyrant Magistrate Crown" unique in Delve?
I feel like this: "You and Nearby Allies have 16 to 144 added Lightning Damage per Blue Socket" would be a decent boost to our damage over the Bone Helmet.

Yes, ele and spell dmg are the same effect for Arc (some spells have no elemental dmg). The lack of high flat ele dmg is kind of a bummer, but still a nice "wand".

The flat damage is very nice, but I can do quite a bit with the 15 exalts to buy it (cheapest on poe.trade atm). The reduction to ele resist probably makes it more desirable, but we are not as close to enemies as other builds. More power to you if you can afford it to test with. I'll stick to Bone Helm :)
Last edited by blackdeath101 on Sep 11, 2018, 9:37:59 PM
I was reading that some people were getting to level 250 to 300 Delve with this build, so that's very encouraging. I wanted to find a build that I can go fairly deep with......I think I'll try this one.........
"
robeh wrote:
"
Aratus wrote:

Thanks !

Your gems aren't leveled and you're only using a 5 link setup. Personally, I probably would have gone over into the shadow area and saved the minion nodes for last.

Thanks for the suggestions will try to do them !! I appreciate it <3

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info