3.6 Synthesis Arc/Freezing Pulse Totems, easy Shaperkills with less than 1-2 Ex investment!

"
blackdeath101 wrote:
"
Is there a viewable skill tree anywhere? The PoB tree link doesn't work and my build is very wrong- despite a 6L, full 20/20/20 gems and 2 90+% spell damage/90+% spell crit and 15+% cast speed wands my DPS is still only about 1/4 of what other have at my level.

PM me or post from your main account with characters unlocked and I can take a look. I think my tree is fairly close for the non-shock variant aside from changing Crackling to mana. For shock, depends on playstyle and goal with the build to go more survival or more DPS.

If not running EF, have shock checked.
Have power charges checked.
Have flasks, Wrath, Golem, and Arcane Surge active.

Not sure what else could be causing different numbers without more info. The wands sound good, but if they don't have dmg to spells, that is a large chunk of DPS missing that gets multiplied. Was talking to someone last night and level 23 Wrath changes my H/O dps from 47k to 67k (haven't played with PoB numbers much). Level 23 Wrath is 19-306 lightning and 22% spell dmg if that helps show the DPS impact from Wrath and lightning to spells overall.

I'm pretty new to the forums, how do i upload my characters and gear like that?
"
gamerocker wrote:
Also, curious, do buffs to projectile speed enhance totems, is the arc considered a projectile or is that only for bow builds.

Thanks again

Phase Run is a temporary movement speed and phasing buff. Optional, but can help maneuver to safety as needed. I do find without it, but would have helped in a few situations like Delves.
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Phase_Run

Arc is not classified as projectile, so does not benefit from any projectile benefits.
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Arc

"

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/BudgetJankFest
Privacy Settings on the right side.
Uncheck "Hide Characters Tab".

Let me know when that is done and then I can view your characters, gear, passives, etc. You can also click on my forum profile to access my characters as well.
Last edited by blackdeath101 on Sep 12, 2018, 1:16:24 PM
Blackdeath101

Thanks for the response. I thought that flame dash was positioned as the skill that helps you quickly move out of tight spots. Why would you have both, or is Phase run a way to just increase general movement speed and, thus, you would be executing it constantly during battles.

Also, curious if you don't mind saying what gems you are using instead of the Phase Run setup, since you said you are not using it.

Thanks
Phase run is real handy in the mine. It lets you run through enemies. If a corridor gets blocked up with healer mobs its the kiss of death without it. The cart will leave you behind while your blocked with 50 + healer mobs in a gigantic blockade from hell.

Just met up with the lich boss... that sucked. Its a tight dodge fest. Miss a dodge and your toast. Hate those kind of bosses where there is little maneuver room. Yep... he kicked my butt... going to come back to him once im a bit higher level.

NS

Edit - Also wanted to say red maps are finally dropping too!!!
Last edited by Nightstone13 on Sep 12, 2018, 1:44:36 PM
"
gamerocker wrote:
Also, curious if you don't mind saying what gems you are using instead of the Phase Run setup, since you said you are not using it.

Thanks

Flame Dash is for burst of movement and ledge jumping. Also nice to re-position for the "cannot die" aura mobs since Arc AI targets closest.

Phase Run with CWDT is a passive way to get movement speed, but you're only talking for a few seconds. So if you are hit while moving away and CWDT procs, then you get the Phase Run proc to help get away a little bit quicker, all done passively unlike Flame Dash.

My personal preference is to use Conductivity cast, Flame Dash w/ lower Arcane Surge (I forget to curse for Arcane Surge), and CWDT IC + Enfeeble for a bit of defensive (again, forget to curse). Works for me so far, but my map drop rates are terrible. I think my highest map is only T13 or 14 and Delve is at 200.
"
blackdeath101 wrote:
"
gamerocker wrote:
Also, curious, do buffs to projectile speed enhance totems, is the arc considered a projectile or is that only for bow builds.

Thanks again

Phase Run is a temporary movement speed and phasing buff. Optional, but can help maneuver to safety as needed. I do find without it, but would have helped in a few situations like Delves.
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Phase_Run

Arc is not classified as projectile, so does not benefit from any projectile benefits.
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Arc

"

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/BudgetJankFest
Privacy Settings on the right side.
Uncheck "Hide Characters Tab".

Let me know when that is done and then I can view your characters, gear, passives, etc. You can also click on my forum profile to access my characters as well.

I think i need to figure out how to link my steam account to this, because this one has nothing attached but the ability to post. Hopefully I can do that this weekend. Thanks in advance for all the help.

Hideout tooltip DPS is 24k. With flasks and surge up its about 43k-50k. I don't have any lightning damage added to spells, which is probably a pretty big hit though as you mentioned.

Even so, it still carves through anything short of guardians
"
Hideout tooltip DPS is 24k. With flasks and surge up its about 43k-50k. I don't have any lightning damage added to spells, which is probably a pretty big hit though as you mentioned.

Even so, it still carves through anything short of guardians

Mind you, your in-game tooltip DPS and the PoB DPS calculations are very very different.

In my Hideout with just Golem and Wrath up my tooltip DPS is 25,702.3.

Uploading my Hero into PoB I get: 373,674.4

I'm not at where the OP is yet b/c I'm only level 86 and some of my gear is only so-so.

Speaking of which... I feel like the Shield I have is the most dire item I need to upgrade... thoughts?

Nostrademous
The chest I will replace eventually - working on crafting a Shaper Chest

Nostrademous
Okay .. Ive been letting this character rot for a while but im in need of a fast high tier map clearer.

I have mixes few build and idea to make my character. Specially since im playing hardcore,i wanted to hit the 5k life mark( not there yet ,crap armor,and may switch my marylene)

IM curious if anyone have some awesome idea to make this thing get MUCH better. Everything is close to self found yet.. and i most likely have around 20ex stacked up.

The soulmantle approach is kinda temping but losing life on armor,plus life on 2 ring is pretty much a no go. The idea is probably to go with a + crit to gem armor. Or a cloak of defiance for 50% mom.

My concern is getting enough dps to handle guardians. I also tring playing with void battery but the dps gain is MINIMAL.

Spoiler

Obviously im gonna get an helmet enchant,sold the one i had to gear another toon. the armor needs to go aswell. Getting the wise oak is another big step,and clearmind.
Fun build. Not really as powerful as POB says.
*Shock won't be applied to anything with ele focus.
*121 point build (really?).
*Some of the gear listed is a whole lot more than 1-2 ex stated. Dagger alone in delve is probably 20ex.

I think soul mantle and curse management with pots is definitely more DPS, but more of a pain. I enjoy the more active play-style it brings.

Fun/easy starter build and has the ability to go deep if you invest.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info