3.6 Synthesis Arc/Freezing Pulse Totems, easy Shaperkills with less than 1-2 Ex investment!

"
Mentoya wrote:
I was reading that some people were getting to level 250 to 300 Delve with this build, so that's very encouraging. I wanted to find a build that I can go fairly deep with......I think I'll try this one.........

i'm at 185 right now and going along smoothly. At around 170 or so I started using a decoy totem. Helps alot.

I also for the hell of it decided to go with a lightning spire trap setup as well. This has been working well for additional boss damage.

Delve tips... Drop the decoy as often as you can. Keep your light radius up and do all node encounters from the edge with a wall of totems between you and the mobs. Never from the center. And don't just run in to the middle and wait for what ever is coming... Your asking for it.

NS
"
Nightstone13 wrote:
"
Mentoya wrote:
I was reading that some people were getting to level 250 to 300 Delve with this build, so that's very encouraging. I wanted to find a build that I can go fairly deep with......I think I'll try this one.........

i'm at 185 right now and going along smoothly. At around 170 or so I started using a decoy totem. Helps alot.

I also for the hell of it decided to go with a lightning spire trap setup as well. This has been working well for additional boss damage.

Delve tips... Drop the decoy as often as you can. Keep your light radius up and do all node encounters from the edge with a wall of totems between you and the mobs. Never from the center. And don't just run in to the middle and wait for what ever is coming... Your asking for it.

NS

Great tips, thanks! I cut and paste your post that into my nodepad so that I can remember lol.. I still get confused on what's better to spend azurite on, "darkness resistance" or "light radius"
"
I still get confused on what's better to spend azurite on, "darkness resistance" or "light radius"

Keep your darkness resistance, light radius and flare radius always at maximum 75 / 150 / 150.

I'm at 210 and the damage is more than enough.
You have to spam your arc totems and avoid the bugs. They insta kill you.

Easy peasy.
Last edited by Maggsi on Sep 12, 2018, 12:42:31 AM
"
asbo96 wrote:
EDIT 2 - Got the 6l and the belt, pretty much done with the big upgrades for now just looking to get my flasks sorted.

Your Molten Shell in helm is too high. 40 or under to match level 2 CWDT.

Personal preference, but since you are going EF, I would recommend 2 jewel slots over Crackling Speed with 3rd jewel slot from either Coordination + 2 points from elsewhere or save for level 87. Essentially +200 HP and 6-9 damage mods. Thinking about it more, I am actually going to remove it as well when I get home. Probably drops me down a good chunk of dps, but I can take both mana nodes.
Last edited by blackdeath101 on Sep 12, 2018, 10:24:34 AM
I've got a mechanical question about this build in POB.

I see the OP doesn't have "# of times Skill has Chained" marked in his configuration setting. Isn't this wrong?
"
jaredh wrote:

I see the OP doesn't have "# of times Skill has Chained" marked in his configuration setting. Isn't this wrong?

I would leave that unchecked. If fighting a boss or single mob, the extra chained damage would not apply. Or if fighting less than 7 mobs, you won't reach the full chain damage. If you REALLY want to find your average damage on full chains, add the DPS with and without that check and divide by 2. Otherwise, it is easier to leave it unchecked and the extra chain DPS is a bonus.
Is there a viewable skill tree anywhere? The PoB tree link doesn't work and my build is very wrong- despite a 6L, full 20/20/20 gems and 2 90+% spell damage/90+% spell crit and 15+% cast speed wands my DPS is still only about 1/4 of what other have at my level.
"
Is there a viewable skill tree anywhere? The PoB tree link doesn't work and my build is very wrong- despite a 6L, full 20/20/20 gems and 2 90+% spell damage/90+% spell crit and 15+% cast speed wands my DPS is still only about 1/4 of what other have at my level.

PM me or post from your main account with characters unlocked and I can take a look. I think my tree is fairly close for the non-shock variant aside from changing Crackling to mana. For shock, depends on playstyle and goal with the build to go more survival or more DPS.

If not running EF, have shock checked.
Have power charges checked.
Have flasks, Wrath, Golem, and Arcane Surge active.

Not sure what else could be causing different numbers without more info. The wands sound good, but if they don't have dmg to spells, that is a large chunk of DPS missing that gets multiplied. Was talking to someone last night and level 23 Wrath changes my H/O dps from 47k to 67k (haven't played with PoB numbers much). Level 23 Wrath is 19-306 lightning and 22% spell dmg if that helps show the DPS impact from Wrath and lightning to spells overall.
Last edited by blackdeath101 on Sep 12, 2018, 12:37:03 PM
"
blackdeath101 wrote:
"
jaredh wrote:

I would leave that unchecked. If fighting a boss or single mob, the extra chained damage would not apply. Or if fighting less than 7 mobs, you won't reach the full chain damage. If you REALLY want to find your average damage on full chains, add the DPS with and without that check and divide by 2. Otherwise, it is easier to leave it unchecked and the extra chain DPS is a bonus.

I think you are misunderstanding. Checking it REDUCES DPS, not increasing it.
I have a question about one of the gem setups that is listed on page 1:

-Phaserun, Empower, Increased Duration, Vaal Grace

I'm a noob, can't figure out what this is doing for the build since the Phase run description I found talks about a melee buff, but this is a totem build.

Also, curious, do buffs to projectile speed enhance totems, is the arc considered a projectile or is that only for bow builds.

Thanks again

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info