3.6 Synthesis Arc/Freezing Pulse Totems, easy Shaperkills with less than 1-2 Ex investment!

I was just wondering how the configuration on POB should look like to calculate DPS on Shaper? Are we able to shock Shaper? How much DPS (according to POB) we should have to take on end game contents ( Uber Elder and Shaper)?
"
easy1x wrote:
also, what is my next purchase if I've got about 3ex to acquire gear

I doubt the pastebin is updated. Throatseeker is better for bosses and jewels are underutilized. You are welcome to copy my tree and then take out 5 points from somewhere until you level-up. Dealer's choice of HP or dmg. Or save the jewels until later, but I think they can get better than some keystones and can run 2-10 chaos for hp + 2 decent dmg mods (more for more specific).

Gear changes:
1. Spell dmg (possibly cast speed) gloves.
2. Totem boots with 30% movement speed (possibly lowers overall dex requirement)
3. Abyss belt with jewel.
4. Left wand could use more lightning to spells.
5. I don't run more than 1 CWDT, but my understanding is you can't have them proc with the same level. They have to be staggered. Just color your helm to 3R1G and add phase to it. I prefer Enfeeble since I just use Conductivity for bosses/surge. Then you can put a 2nd CWDT or something else in boots.
6. 21/20 gems. Just getting a few gems up to 21/20 (and failed some to 19/20) got me from 57 to 64k, and Arc 21 will add a lot more.
6a. Use 2nd weapon slot to level gems. I got lucky with Wrath on first shot (20% just affects range).
7. Skill tree as discussed before. 2 points after Spiritual Aid, Lord of the Dead, re-do Throatseeker for 3rd 2-point Jewel, etc. IE: Trade 5% HP after Discipline and Training, and 1 dmg node like Lord, get a 2-point jewel that gives 5-7% HP and 2 (potentially 3) dmg mods.
8. Not sure Quicksilver mod that you have is worth it. 33% reduced duration is a lot. I'd go with more movement speed, more duration, or immune curses.
!!!WARNING!!!

Recover #% of Maximum Mana on Kill doesn't works with totems, i just link useless armour :(
Last edited by Shurikaslp on Sep 10, 2018, 5:26:10 PM
"
Shurikaslp wrote:
!!!WARNING!!!

Recover #% of Maximum Mana on Kill doesn't works with totems, i just link useless armour :(

The character isn't killing anything.....the totems are.

NONE of the "on Kill" skills will proc at all with totem builds. Most of them won't proc on Minion builds either.
"
blackdeath101 wrote:
"
easy1x wrote:
also, what is my next purchase if I've got about 3ex to acquire gear

I doubt the pastebin is updated. Throatseeker is better for bosses and jewels are underutilized. You are welcome to copy my tree and then take out 5 points from somewhere until you level-up. Dealer's choice of HP or dmg. Or save the jewels until later, but I think they can get better than some keystones and can run 2-10 chaos for hp + 2 decent dmg mods (more for more specific).

Gear changes:
1. Spell dmg (possibly cast speed) gloves.
2. Totem boots with 30% movement speed (possibly lowers overall dex requirement)
3. Abyss belt with jewel.
4. Left wand could use more lightning to spells.
5. I don't run more than 1 CWDT, but my understanding is you can't have them proc with the same level. They have to be staggered. Just color your helm to 3R1G and add phase to it. I prefer Enfeeble since I just use Conductivity for bosses/surge. Then you can put a 2nd CWDT or something else in boots.
6. 21/20 gems. Just getting a few gems up to 21/20 (and failed some to 19/20) got me from 57 to 64k, and Arc 21 will add a lot more.
6a. Use 2nd weapon slot to level gems. I got lucky with Wrath on first shot (20% just affects range).
7. Skill tree as discussed before. 2 points after Spiritual Aid, Lord of the Dead, re-do Throatseeker for 3rd 2-point Jewel, etc. IE: Trade 5% HP after Discipline and Training, and 1 dmg node like Lord, get a 2-point jewel that gives 5-7% HP and 2 (potentially 3) dmg mods.
8. Not sure Quicksilver mod that you have is worth it. 33% reduced duration is a lot. I'd go with more movement speed, more duration, or immune curses.

upgraded a few smallbudget options
got a 21/0 arc gem for now and a 21/15 added lightning
new gloves
looking for boots but not sure what to get
the author said it is useful mod in guide
Could someone help me with telling me what to upgrade next with my items? I die very often and my clear speed is quite low.
"
easy1x wrote:
new gloves

Just to make sure, 21/20 = Level 21 gem with 20% quality. Arc 20% affects shock chance, while Added Lightning 20% is 10% light dmg. Minimal difference now, but something to work on down the road.

Take a look at my boots. 21% totem damage, cold/light resist, 30% movement speed, and crafted life. I doubt I will buy a new pair, just re-roll the enchant. The ranged attack totem won't be used, but the totem damage is a small extra boost.
"
blackdeath101 wrote:
"
easy1x wrote:
new gloves

Just to make sure, 21/20 = Level 21 gem with 20% quality. Arc 20% affects shock chance, while Added Lightning 20% is 10% light dmg. Minimal difference now, but something to work on down the road.

Take a look at my boots. 21% totem damage, cold/light resist, 30% movement speed, and crafted life. I doubt I will buy a new pair, just re-roll the enchant. The ranged attack totem won't be used, but the totem damage is a small extra boost.

yeah I know but it was at least 1 ex extra per gem for that small difference which is not worth it to me atm

/edit
just bought boots as well

should be a decent setup.
I need new weaps soon but expensive for now for me to upgrade me thinks

Last edited by easy1x on Sep 10, 2018, 7:48:35 PM
I'm having a lot of fun with the build at the moment but i feel like ive hit a wall and really want to start upgrading some gear. I have a general idea of what to go for but i was hoping someone could take a look at my character and make some suggestions. Ive got roughly 3 ex to upgrade my gear.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info