[3.4] BeJust's Overlord of Purity (a melee summoner with Smite) WIP

"
Lawfury wrote:
Harmony of purpose works the same way as conduit, it only affects party members and not allies so you cant share charges with your minions, I wish it worked that way also which is why hes going for carnage chieftan spectres to generate the frenzy charges

That's a huge bummer. Hopefully something changes with that, but that totally makes sense then.
What are people's thoughts on using Necromantic Aegis and Victario's Charity for this instead of the Spectres?
"
Kettellcorn wrote:
What are people's thoughts on using Necromantic Aegis and Victario's Charity for this instead of the Spectres?

It is 100% viable for a pure summoner build, I have done that in 3.1 and 3.2. But that doesn't allow us to use The Scourge (which is the cornerstone of this build) and it eliminates any ability to use a stat stick to improve smite or a shield to improve survivability.
I think I'm missing something : why do you say that Scourge Claw is off-hand only? I do believe i used the scourge in main-hand on other necro builds?
"
BeJust wrote:
"
Kettellcorn wrote:

It is 100% viable for a pure summoner build, I have done that in 3.1 and 3.2. But that doesn't allow us to use The Scourge (which is the cornerstone of this build) and it eliminates any ability to use a stat stick to improve smite or a shield to improve survivability.

I was assuming I'd use the Scourge in the main hand in that scenario and was wondering the viability
"
netnuvo wrote:
I think I'm missing something : why do you say that Scourge Claw is off-hand only? I do believe i used the scourge in main-hand on other necro builds?

You can't use Smite with claws.
Okay, follow up since it appears that Necromantic isn't viable with this due to the claw/smite thing. Where do you have Desecrate slotted since it's not in the gems list?
Are you going to finish the guide to the start of the league?
I think that we dont have to use Scourge if we pick Spiritual Aid passive...
"
Cr1tic wrote:
I think that we dont have to use Scourge if we pick Spiritual Aid passive...

The 70% increased minion damage on hit, plus some extra wolf minions to scale with our lightning damage aura and the 15% attack speed that affects you and your minions makes it an attractive choice regardless. Although testing is probably needed to see whether that scales better than a shaper stat stick or a shield for more defence.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info