[3.4] BeJust's Overlord of Purity (a melee summoner with Smite) WIP

"
jubsey wrote:
"
OGNolan wrote:
As said by blacklight after t10 survivability is an issue... zombies lack dmg and sustain and keeping them up is a pain in the ass. It was great for leveling to about 87. I basically changed my skill tree to test out this build (main Dom- Smite for bonus) and more regen/max life/leach. If you guys feel you cant go beyond t10 like me then I suggest looking at this build. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2208101/page/1

notes: Last point after lab is different

Tried this build.. the DPS for me is shocking.. takes an absolute age to kill anything :(

J

People seem to have varying results with this build.. maybe they are focusing on the wrong parts of it I don't get it... Smite is super strong and the skill alone in a six-link just absolutely tears through tier 12-14 for me. Do you have 100% hit chance, or close to it? Have you stacked up at least like 50%+ of phys as extra (lightning preferably) damage? Have you stacked minion attack speed, I reach 350% attack speed on Smite with multistrike. Do you have a high pDPS weapon in mainhand?

In this build the minions should mainly be used as a meatshield and buff souce that can still provide decent damage, if you are trying to deal damage primarily through minions you are going to have a bad time.
"

I just bought this jewel, thinking the added phys damage would apply to me aswell with Spiritual Aid. But it doesnt increase my tooltip damage whatsoever. So does it work or not? Seems like it should add damage seeing the description of Spiritual Aid....

After all these years people still haven't learned to just carefully read the text description on things, it really is obvious when you do.

Spiritual Aid/Command literally says "Increases and Reductions to Minon Damage / Minion Attack Speed also apply to you". Pay attention even to the capitalization of letters and try to match this with wording on other stuff. If it says it applies to "Increases", then it applies to that and not to whatever you dream up it might apply to. So it applies to things that have the wording "Increased/Decreased Minion Damage/ Minion Attack Speed", super straightforward and obvious. At least until you get to the exceptions.. but that's later.
Last edited by KeeSe on Sep 16, 2018, 5:24:43 AM
Hey, I want to share my progress with the build.
Leveling was very fast and easy, but later on you need to invest into the build to keep up the speed and maintain the zombies.

Warlord's Mark greatly improves zombies' survivability and the best way to apply it is the Elder ring, though the good one with life and some resists can be costly. Use Consecrated Path for movement, the consecrated ground also helps with keeping your minions healthy.

For DPS, you need a great Phys weapon (aim for 350+ pDPS), preferably with built-in supports from Shaper's bases (Faster Attacks or Maim). For Smite replace Added Lightning Damage with Melee Physical Damage, also replace Wrath with Hatred (it gives more DPS for you and your minions). If you have Maim on your weapon, use Ruthless for zombies.

For body armour Shroud of the Lightless is a great and budget option (you can color it with the socket trick), but well-rolled 6L Loreweave will be better for sure. Bone Helmet is better than any lab's enchant. If you can stack some accuracy on your gear, change the tree from RT to EO, it'll give more DPS.

For jewels use abyss jewels with life, attack speed and some minion bonuses (attack speed if killed, taunt on hit, blind on hit). You also need +20% all resists for zombies.

My PoB https://pastebin.com/Y7erDr4R

So far I was able to farm everything up to Shaper's guardians and Elder and my zombies mostly survived.
Last edited by zzeneg on Sep 16, 2018, 7:26:12 AM
If I use a dancing dervish with this build, since we have resolute technique, is the dervish also affected by it? in other words, would it also have unavoidable attacks?
"
KeeSe wrote:

In this build the minions should mainly be used as a meatshield and buff souce that can still provide decent damage, if you are trying to deal damage primarily through minions you are going to have a bad time.

This. Thats the reason why i use Oni Goroshi.
im now at 197k dmg with everything up. and i think zombies die so fast now its better to use curse on hit setup now, which curse would you think is best ?
Last edited by Gondalen on Sep 22, 2018, 3:54:06 PM
Im going with two - Warlord Mark for leech and Vulnerability because main dmg is phys in my case.
"
KeeSe wrote:
"
jubsey wrote:
"
OGNolan wrote:
As said by blacklight after t10 survivability is an issue... zombies lack dmg and sustain and keeping them up is a pain in the ass. It was great for leveling to about 87. I basically changed my skill tree to test out this build (main Dom- Smite for bonus) and more regen/max life/leach. If you guys feel you cant go beyond t10 like me then I suggest looking at this build. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2208101/page/1

notes: Last point after lab is different

Tried this build.. the DPS for me is shocking.. takes an absolute age to kill anything :(

J

People seem to have varying results with this build.. maybe they are focusing on the wrong parts of it I don't get it... Smite is super strong and the skill alone in a six-link just absolutely tears through tier 12-14 for me. Do you have 100% hit chance, or close to it? Have you stacked up at least like 50%+ of phys as extra (lightning preferably) damage? Have you stacked minion attack speed, I reach 350% attack speed on Smite with multistrike. Do you have a high pDPS weapon in mainhand?

Is it possible to do a 2h version of this build with smite, or would damage/survivability suffer? Any good picks for a 2h? Thanks! I just don't like the aesthetic of a claw.
Thanks for the guide, I'm gonna try it out.

Whilst getting my gems set up I noticed that you put Minion Life in red, when it should be in blue. You also misspelt innervate (you wrote inervate)
I'm having a blast with this build, now in lower 80's and doing T10 maps. For Spectres I'm actually using one Carnage Chieftain and one Host Chieftain (found in Act 7). Together they provide both Frenzy and Power Charges for minions. I don't know if anybody else suggested it, but you may want to add that to your build for Spectres section.
Last edited by John3001 on Oct 10, 2018, 6:26:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info