[3.4] BeJust's Overlord of Purity (a melee summoner with Smite) WIP

"
jrv209 wrote:
I'm probably going to hit maps today and since survivability seems like a hot topic, I'm going to test stone golem and warlord's mark to see if this build can survive without playing like a coward who has to run away for 4 seconds until his 30% life regen hits against bosses.

Of course it can, and thats not what Time of Need is for :P

Yes Warlords Mark fixes the life leech issue entirely. I'm sticking it out and will aim for a warlords mark elder ring.
the only issue with going warlord's is the fact that harold of purity doesn't activate it so I had to drop wrath and use a triple herald setup which steamrolls things still so it's not that bad. once i get a proper gem setup, I can use ice bite on herald of ice and get frenzy charges, too. with a little effort, this build isn't too shabby. the more I play, the more I realize that amulet that gives wrath with no mana reserved is almost a necessity for this build.
Last edited by jrv209 on Sep 1, 2018, 7:46:57 PM
"

You're melee, you should be walking up to stuff and wacking it, and occasionally moving to avoid a special ( Itzaro or what not) Without life leech, when you walk up to stuff to wack it BOOM YOU'RE ALREADY HALF DEAD. What do you do now? use a life flask? run around and wait for Time of Need to proc? Naw man, it's just a nice bonus. Not something to work into your "play style" ( no offence)

Life flasks as a main source of healing, or relying on Time of Need just isn't how to play melee. Time of Need is a nice bonus to smoothen the game play. But 5 seconds is easily a long enough window that you will die without life leech.

No offense taken; I love this game, but there's a reason I've never made it beyond tier 14 maps (hint: I suck at the game) :)

Really like this type of build though, so hoping we figure out the survivability piece and I finally find my niche.

"
jrv209 wrote:
the only issue with going warlord's is the fact that harold of purity doesn't activate it so I had to drop wrath and use a triple herald setup which steamrolls things still so it's not that bad. once i get a proper gem setup, I can use ice bite on herald of ice and get frenzy charges, too. with a little effort, this build isn't too shabby. the more I play, the more I realize that amulet that gives wrath with no mana reserved is almost a necessity for this build.

The idea of triple herald is enticing; ice, thunder, & purity?
I'm a noob and all, no doubt on it.

Wouldnt a spell totem + warlords fix the issue? I may be saying something beyond stupid since I dont understand all the mechanics of this game but, to me, it should work.
I'm not even level 40 so far (not much time to play) and changed a few nodes and I dont feel squishy anymore (that was the word I was looking for when I posted earlyer).

Of course, having a new skill to cast everytime you encounter a considerable pack of mobs is annoying, but idk. lol

Sorry if I'm being an idiot on posting all of this lol
Playing this as my SSF starter and so far (blood aqueduct) it has been as good and fast as any other SSF starter I've tried. Good job on the stuff, OP!

Spoiler
I mean, nothing clears a room like the new Arc, but still...
What is TDB on Phanteon ?
"
deadlus1208 wrote:

Its "TBD" = To be defined.

Means he didnt pick a pantheon to the build yet.
For people who aren't really feeling this build, Consecrated Path is an insane skill. Basically an AoE, controllable flicker strike.

Found this bad boy early on in the league. Currently running Herald of Purity + Blasphemy/Warlord's Mark. Still have some testing to do with it to see how it feels. I switch to smite for ST with vaal skeletons, it's insane.
have you considered victarios charity as a leveling or fast clearing alternative?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info