Mirkulas BV Chieftain 3.4 Build (1.Chieftain SSF Flashback)

"
thurn23 wrote:
Sorry if this is obvious, but I don't think I understand how Blood Rage helps this build -- Blood Rage increases attack speed and attack physical damage leech, but Blade Vortex is not an attack. Path of Building seems to show no changes with Blood Rage enabled. Is it just the frenzy charges we care about? Help me out here?

Blood Rage has a 25% chance of gaining a frenzy charge on kill, which is what is important for this build. Each frenzy charge increases cast speed by 4% and all damage by 4%. So with 3 frenzy charges you have a 12% increased cast speed and 12% increased damage.
thoughts on adding armageddon brand? fire damage, igniting, dmg whilst ignited?
"
Drsniper wrote:
"
thurn23 wrote:
Sorry if this is obvious, but I don't think I understand how Blood Rage helps this build -- Blood Rage increases attack speed and attack physical damage leech, but Blade Vortex is not an attack. Path of Building seems to show no changes with Blood Rage enabled. Is it just the frenzy charges we care about? Help me out here?

Blood Rage has a 25% chance of gaining a frenzy charge on kill, which is what is important for this build. Each frenzy charge increases cast speed by 4% and all damage by 4%. So with 3 frenzy charges you have a 12% increased cast speed and 12% increased damage.

Also attack speed is for faster movement and not forget the important fact that bloodrage is a dot and when Immortal Call procs we stop taking Dot and proc arakali pantheon for 50% inc leech, life regen and flask recovery thats huge
Hi everyone, new to POE just started playing 2 weeks ago, must say I am enjoying this build! Fast and clears mobs quite fast, going forward though i'm not sure what i should be looking out for besides a 6 link armor. Also may i ask why brightbeak is BIS? Noob question since dps seems to go down for me when i replace it with my elemental scepter.

My character for reference :)
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/adrenalburr/characters?characterName=adrenalburr
"
adrenalburr wrote:
Hi everyone, new to POE just started playing 2 weeks ago, must say I am enjoying this build! Fast and clears mobs quite fast, going forward though i'm not sure what i should be looking out for besides a 6 link armor. Also may i ask why brightbeak is BIS? Noob question since dps seems to go down for me when i replace it with my elemental scepter.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/adrenalburr/characters?characterName=adrenalburr

Hi, brightbeak is just for going fast, you want shaper sceptre with added damage as fire and lots of elemental/spell damage for the hard fights. Speaking of hard fights. I had no problem beating shaper with brightbeak because dmg so good with bv.

Your profile is private btw.:-)

"
mirkula wrote:
"
adrenalburr wrote:

Hi, brightbeak is just for going fast, you want shaper sceptre with added damage as fire and lots of elemental/spell damage for the hard fights. Speaking of hard fights. I had no problem beating shaper with brightbeak because dmg so good with bv.

Your profile is private btw.:-)

Damn I just exposed my newness again haha made it public now, yeah moving forward I'm not very sure what i should be doing, just finished my third ascension and starting to do mapping for farming. Is this the best method for me at my current lvl?
Mind me asking why ele focus and combustion as don't we lose the ignite? Or is it still worth due to added fire damage from combustion?

Thanks
"
IWannaPeonU wrote:
Mind me asking why ele focus and combustion as don't we lose the ignite? Or is it still worth due to added fire damage from combustion?

Thanks

You apply combustion also via orb of storms which doesnt have an ele focus so you get the bonus. The linked combustion is only for the dmg multiplier. You swap it with conc effect for bosses.
Question, is Vaal Blade Storm the skill to use eventually or do we just use the regular blade storm? Found one Vaal Blade Storm early and have been leveling it up since then, just not sure if i'll ever be using it since spell echo says it doesn't work with it?
"
adrenalburr wrote:
Question, is Vaal Blade Storm the skill to use eventually or do we just use the regular blade storm? Found one Vaal Blade Storm early and have been leveling it up since then, just not sure if i'll ever be using it since spell echo says it doesn't work with it?

yes you use vaal blade vortex too, for bosses. Spell echo and faster casting don't work but the other supports do work and vaal blade vortex does much more dmg then the normal one. So you get the dmg from normal + dmg from vaal on top.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info