Path of Exile: Delve Patch Notes

"
VwjUnit wrote:

1: Shimmeron wasn't supposed to be a penalty-free, easy access weapon that everyone was abusing it as. The only reliable way to use it after this change would be Scion Slayer or Duelist Slayer which was the only way any of the Elder items ever saw play from. Any half-decent Shaper weapon is still way better than Shimmeron anyways.

Which begs the question of why are these nigh-unusable uniques even exist in the first place, let alone drop from a supposedly endgame boss.
Watcher's Eye is pretty much the only reason to care about Elder now, as Impresence'll be replaced by the new amulet with no mana reservation on big auras.
Multiple Traps
Now causes supported skills to deal 50% less damage at gem level 1 (from 40%) up to 31% less damage at gem level 20 (from 21%).

Cluster Traps
Now causes supported skills to throw up to 2 additional traps at all levels (down from 3).

So now that Cluster trap uses the same amount of traps as Multi trap support why would anyone switch from Multi trap to cluster trap, i am so confused why this was done. I stand corrected Multi trap says up to 3 traps so cluster will be 1 less trap ummm think face.
Last edited by Dracooltenks on Aug 28, 2018, 10:18:31 PM
"
Commoble wrote:
Rest in piece, 82/82 block gratuitous violence gladiator I was planning on playing this league :/
wont change much as gladiator hasnt changed if you hit 82% block you get 82 spell block with Gladiator
Glad to see they are reading our posts woohoo! looks fun!
"
Dracooltenks wrote:
Multiple Traps
Now causes supported skills to deal 50% less damage at gem level 1 (from 40%) up to 31% less damage at gem level 20 (from 21%).

Cluster Traps
Now causes supported skills to throw up to 2 additional traps at all levels (down from 3).

So now that Cluster trap uses the same amount of traps as Multi trap support why would anyone switch from Multi trap to cluster trap, i am so confused why this was done.

I haven't played much with traps, but multi trap's throwing the traps in a line was rather annoying. So i'd prolly still switch to cluster even with the nerf.
"
nskLantash wrote:
"
Dracooltenks wrote:
Multiple Traps

Cluster Traps

So now that Cluster trap uses the same amount of traps as Multi trap support why would anyone switch from Multi trap to cluster trap, i am so confused why this was done.

I haven't played much with traps, but multi trap's throwing the traps in a line was rather annoying. So i'd prolly still switch to cluster even with the nerf.

It's not just annoying, but it tends to cause 1 of the traps you throw to basically never blow up on something, particularly against bosses unless you get right in their faces. Cluster trap still 'clusters' the traps together in a way that makes them all very likely to trigger on good targets while standing at a safe distance.

All that said, I'm not entirely sure why Multi Trap was nerfed at all. Arc Traps with Multi Trap is way less effective than Arc Traps with Cluster Trap. When enemies start pursuing you they kinda naturally line up, so traps that fire projectiles (particularly piercing projectiles) work better with Multi Trap since you can kite the enemies through your line of traps one way and the projectiles will tend to shoot through the whole line.

EDIT: Oh, also, people complaining that there are no buffs, look at Static Strike. That shit actually sounds really good. Attack-speed-independent melee damage.

EDIT 2: And another thing I really want to know. How many dudes does Herald of Purity give us? What kind of stats do they have? Are their stats on-par with Zombies? Do we get, like, 3-6 dudes based on gem level?
Last edited by XCodesLIVE on Aug 28, 2018, 10:30:11 PM
HYPE
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Fleeing Oriath citizens now say things that will make you feel even worse for accidentally killing them!

What is this "accidentally" of which you speak?
POE Serenity Prayer: GGG, grant me the serenity to accept the RNG I cannot change,
the courage to challenge any unbalanced content, and the wisdom to avoid the forums.
Mad: "Oh, it's simple and if you insist... I just think you're a dick. That's all."
QFT: 4TRY4C&4NO
"
pedrike wrote:
Minefield only got nerfed for PvP? so mine builds are all the same for pve?

That's what it looks like to me. Seems to be a nice league starter if so.

My guardian always shone best when playing with friends. It is awesome that I will be able to solo with it and some thematically appropriate minions. Humans are unreliable playing partners after all.

Love the new minion/character combo damage nodes. I might even be able to drop the Scourge in favor of another weapon!?!? Or maybe not...

The changes to guardian are pretty big. It is going to be difficult to plan before the league starts.

So excited... I peed a little...

The notes are much better than the balance manifesto.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info