3.7 In-Depth Ice Golems Guide - Snowybois - On Hiatus for 3.8

Question, the phase acro tree got no minion damage nodes, how is it better?
I'm not sure that I understand the question? Neither tree takes minion damage nodes.

The main difference is the approach to survivability. MoM vs Phase Acrobatics.

"
j_death wrote:
Question, the phase acro tree got no minion damage nodes, how is it better?

Moreover, it rly weakens all our armor gear and Rumi's significantly.
Also being in that part of the tree there is +1 max cold res node which is huge buff vs uber elder, isnt it? Especialy now when all res flasks lost +max res mod.
Would you recommend switching to Purity of Ice when farming uber elder?
Last edited by yakoob on Dec 10, 2018, 11:15:20 AM
"
Utopian238 wrote:
I'm not sure that I understand the question? Neither tree takes minion damage nodes.

The main difference is the approach to survivability. MoM vs Phase Acrobatics.

I guess i meant when leveling we take all the minion nodes, but i guess for end game, we respecc out all the minion nodes, why? Don't we lose too much damage?
We replace the minion nodes with Purity of Harmony/Eminence Stacking. It's comparable amounts of damage as well as 2% life regen/second for our golems. This + level stacking from empower helps to keep them nearly immortal

Edit For clarification:
We level with minion nodes because they don't cost any currency and are great to have while we save up for our important pieces (Necklace+Anima Stone). We transition to primordial harmony stacking end-game once we can afford them. 20% damage x4 for each of your golems is just too much damage to give up for 3-5 points depending on where you are in the tree.
Last edited by Utopian238 on Dec 10, 2018, 12:43:37 PM
HI All,

Running ice golems but using Necro Aegsis build. I was looking for anyone who might be testing out the new Banners.

I've put War Banner into the PoB and it does increase the accuracy of my golems but only by a little bit. Like 94% to 95%. I've tried looking into if I can drop Command of the Pit for Grip of the Council. Even with War Banner up the acurracy on the golems drops to 89%. However it appears their overall DPS does go up.

I'm also curious about Dread Banner for the imaples, but I don't see anyway you can track the damage.

Also any advice for the build would be great. You can look at my standard Summoner_Slacks to see how I built last season.

Also can someone explain why we drop the minion nodes? They give extra health and attack speed and which is really nice for the golems plus give us extra health regen. Is taking acro for the defense really that much better?

Or is it about being able to stack more jewels? On my character last year I had this many of each.

PH - 6
PE - 2
PM - 1

Thanks,
Last edited by Kronodude on Dec 10, 2018, 4:36:51 PM
As far as minion nodes > acro this build reaches a point at which defenses > offense. The last 12 points or so need to be spent on doing 'something' to shore up our personal defense more because we have no block/no armour/poor evasion.

So your options for that are either going MoM (requires essence worm), armor oriented (see my early 3.4 build with determination), or phase acrobatics+grace for some dodge based mitigation. Phase acro is the least currency heavy option of those.

As far as grips vs command of the pit it's a matter of golem dps vs personal survivability again. Grips > CoP for damage now with banner. CoP will give you more life though.
Last edited by Utopian238 on Dec 10, 2018, 6:51:25 PM
hey, havent had the time to test it yet, but do minion kill count towards the banner stacks?
"
KinGGaiA wrote:
hey, havent had the time to test it yet, but do minion kill count towards the banner stacks?

nope, they don't.
They don't, but you can proc a writhing jar + orb of storms for it. Wormbanner new meta?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info