Here's another preview of Delve crafting!

"
Well... why not? Lets take some nice base armor, like astral plate, then "craft" it to even 5 abyssal sockets, then chaos spam it to achwieve +150 to life. Finally, we will have armor with at least +12 all res and 5 abyss sockets. Lets put +50 life jewel with some added resistances amd dmg and we have... Super Uber Kaom, with +400 life, load of resistances and load of added damage. And who will were such masterpiece? Well, my ele hit archer ofc :P

You make it sound like it's gonna drop everywhere and all the time.

LOL
Life goes by like a fart in the wind.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"Applies to: Weapons, ..."

Holy shit! So you can make weapons with abyssal sockets now? All sorts of rares too.

Previously, items with abyssal sockets had a serious downside. Now you can craft BiS rares with abyssal sockets and no downside of any kind.

This is insane!

Not entirely free of downsides.
It takes up an affix, likely a suffix so 45 less resists and of course a missing gem.

You are right, but it's a no-brainer bargain for an abyssal jewel in most cases. The only case where you wouldn't want it is if your build uses a 6-link. But even there you can get up to 5 extra abyssal jewels.

I think the infamous '1k balance team' has finally lost it.

Sure, because most builds don't use unique items and it is soooo easy to craft good items.
Last edited by DasName on Aug 24, 2018, 5:12:09 AM
so far delve shows little to now creativity. make caster abyss items, ok. extend heralds to phys dmg (and possibly chaos), meh but ok whatever. punch abyss sockets into regular rares... sure, it can be powerful, but man is this lazy design.
"
Well... why not? Lets take some nice base armor, like astral plate, then "craft" it to even 5 abyssal sockets, then chaos spam it to achwieve +150 to life. Finally, we will have armor with at least +12 all res and 5 abyss sockets. Lets put +50 life jewel with some added resistances amd dmg and we have... Super Uber Kaom, with +400 life, load of resistances and load of added damage. And who will were such masterpiece? Well, my ele hit archer ofc :P

You can craft 1 abyssal socket on your chest.
Otherwise a decent plan.
"
dachoppa wrote:
so far delve shows little to now creativity. make caster abyss items, ok. extend heralds to phys dmg (and possibly chaos), meh but ok whatever. punch abyss sockets into regular rares... sure, it can be powerful, but man is this lazy design.

Better this then load of garbage "uniques" or garbage divination cards. Look at Incursion. There is 1 (one) "legendary" amulet, with chance of obtaining equal to Atziris Reflection shield, one really decent belt, if you figure how to use it properly. Rest is worthless crap. Now I will have opportunity to craft myself something competitive with 2 abyssal Tombfists or 2 abyssal Bubonic Trails. I prefer such solution instead of introducing dozen of 1 alch garbage.
"
AbdulAlhazred wrote:
WTB Abyss sockets on shields.

Agree. Feels unfair if someone can have dual 1H with abyss socket in each while i can't have same in 1H + shield setup.
retired from forum because of censorship and discrimination
no, NO. I willl sacrifice so many socket to this. I wonder if they stack to give multiple abyss sockets on one item.
Does the item get the "abyssal" tag too?
"
Mich2010 wrote:
no, NO. I willl sacrifice so many socket to this. I wonder if they stack to give multiple abyss sockets on one item.

See below, already answered.

"
pr13st wrote:
"
Abdiel_Kavash wrote:
Would I get more abyssal sockets if I used more than one of the fossils in a resonator?

(Can you even put more than one copy of a fossil into one resonator?)

From FAQ:

Can we stack copies of the same fossils in a Resonator?
No.
The thing that excites me about this is the posibility to craft abyss jewels on energy shield base items for hybrid/ci builds.

I'm sure most people don't care about that since ES is off meta currently, but it was quite troublesome that they only give %life.
Shroud of the lightless is the same, no 1% es per jewel just life.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info