[3.7] Chunky Chargrill Chieftain - Incinerate CwC Volatile Dead - [2x Demigod winning build]

Hi

This looks like an internering build. Do you thing it is hc viable?
"
Chydenia wrote:
Heya! Would this work as elementalist? more dmg but less leech and not so tanky..

I did theory craft an elementalist version, it is much more damage, especially if you start to scale the DoT damage from the ignites.

The one consideration with this would be that the DoT would only be needed on big bosses.

For general mapping the chief would be just as quick as most mobs (including most map bosses) are pretty much insta dead anyway along with the added benefits of you can just throw the chief around pretty recklessly as he is a tank.

So to answer you question, yes certainly it would work from how I can imagine it playing out.
I stream daily at twitch.tv/CellTank
"
Snookerrules wrote:
Hi

This looks like an internering build. Do you thing it is hc viable?

Yeah for sure, if you are an experienced HC player then you would have no problems putting this together and smashing through a fair bit of content.

I haven't played it this league so I can't say for sure how it would do in delves, but I am thinking of remaking the character later when I have the gear for it in SSF as I suspect it will feel great down in the depths.

One thing to consider when talking about this build on HC would be that a lot of my deaths on this character were just from me playing very recklessly, so that was down to my play and not a weakness or fundamental flaw in the build.

Also, in a trade league you could get access to a few more really nice flask/gear options to really boost the dps and tanky benefits of this build.
Last edited by Cellstorm on Sep 17, 2018, 7:07:51 AM
Nice ty :).
Anyone tried Shaper/Uber Elder with the Build? How does it perform there? Iam very interested in the Build and might start it this week :P

Btw what do you think about adding flame surge as single target for bossing instead of Blade Vortex? Could work well since we can apply Ignite anytime we want with Incinerate.
Last edited by Yogoff on Sep 17, 2018, 10:13:00 AM
"
Yogoff wrote:
Anyone tried Shaper/Uber Elder with the Build? How does it perform there? Iam very interested in the Build and might start it this week :P

Btw what do you think about adding flame surge as single target for bossing instead of Blade Vortex? Could work well since we can apply Ignite anytime we want with Incinerate.

I've killed shaper with the blade vortex version of this (quite smooth too), never tried uber elder with it though.

I just had a look in PoB and the flame surge does about half the damage of a 10 stack bladevortex, that is with no other gear or gem changes though. I don't know if there would be a few things you could do to tweek the damage up some more.
Last edited by Cellstorm on Sep 17, 2018, 12:16:09 PM
I've slightly deviated from this build and am using a Staff with:
- Socketed Gems supported by Cast While Channeling
- +2 to socketed Fire Gems

(I'm sure this is sub-optimal but its fun).

What do you think the ideal gem set-up for this is?

So far, I've replaced the socketed CwC (since it's a staff affix) with a lvl 3 Empower, but Controlled Destruction isn't getting any benefit from +2 to fire gems.

Any ideas on the ideal gem setup with this staff?

What is the blade vortex swap in?
Love this build. Period. Thanks for the great guide. I took the minion damage wheel instead of the burning damage at avatar of fire and it works just great. You even get 1% more life reg. Also playing the Cerberus Paw, Shield combination another threadmember posted. pretty tanky :).
Thanks for this build. Really not sure why this build doesn't have much views. This is stupidly strong on budget.

For leveling here is the tip
1. Level 1-12 use Sweep or anything. i used sweep with eagles.
2. Level 12+ started using incinerate. Eleron rings helps a lot. Use Axiom for crit it is op at start levels. i was using Volatile dead setup as well but was self casting it whenever needed.
3. Rushed towards level 38 and started using CWC. That point onwards it is easy peasy.
4. Am still leveling am at lvl 64. but everything is easy kill. Damn it is strong.
5. Am planning to use CWDT + BV + Blind, seems working. Actually i want to try out BV for boss kill as mentioned in earlier posts. But to get Dex is bit hard.

Axiom

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info